Just back ! The Hard Rock Rocked!!

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Checked into the HRH on Fri 1/16 (after 6 nights at BWV) - had 3 Club and 2 GV rooms - 16 of us in all ! Every aspect of the HRH was awesome - from check-in service, club level staff, housekeeping, cabanas, pool side waitresses, valet/luggage, The Kitchen wait staff, awesome birthday dinner at Mama Della's (assist manager, Sebastian was a doll!), Mandara's spa (my girlfriend treated me:smooth: ) !!- every single person we encountered ROCKED!!:goodvibes

On Saturday we had the cabana next to the adorable pathubia and her NE Patriots loving family - they were a blast - and having one !! (Wish I could party with them on Super Bowl Sunday!!) - too bad the Eagles didn't fare as well!:(

The weather was great (a little rain on Sun and Mon mornings, but still warm - mid 70s), FOTL kept us from ever waiting more than 5 minutes when waits were up to 30 (most waits were more like 15) in standby.

Back to reality - de-icing my driveway and sidewalks !!:crazy2: -will have to work on a trip report when I get a chance, but will be happy to answer any questions.

Best thing is that DH LOVED this place - we'll be back!!:cool2:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I loved it there too!! When I first walked in to check in the music made me feel like "pretend" playing guitars!!!:p For a week afterwards, I played LOUD rock music for breakfast.......until I gradually got over the withdrawal symptons:D

It was great meeting bjakmom and her family. Both of our groups were coming and going all day. They were great neighbors. I agree with all she said about the parks. I wish the weather was a little warmer, but it sure beat the 20 below 0 windchill when we left Boston.

I am sorry the Eagles wont be making the trip to the Super Bowl...There's always next year!!!

Glad DH loved it, how could he not. You were surrounded by friends and family and were all having a great time.

I was just looking at airfare for March, trying to squeeze in a trip to universal's mardi gras.

WOW! You guys have got me psyched about my trip(Aug.). Glad to hear everything was great! What restaurants did you have a chance to eat at?...and was the cabana worth the money?

I am so glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to stay there for my trip!

I am getting so psyched too. we leave in about 60 days from tomorrow!!! I even talked my neighbor into coming for a few days with 2 of her kids-leaving hubby and baby at home!! We 'll be eating very casually-cancelling Tchoup Tchoup but may switch to our last nite since theyll be back home by then.

Cindy - for us the cabana was worth the cost (since we had 5 rooms, 3 club level, we rented at the $40 a day rate - I think the 'themed' cabanas are now $70 club, $100 regular). There were a lot of us (16 at one point) and many ages: 4 1/2 mos, 3, 11, 13, 15, 24,25, 26, 30, 30 and then the rest of us 50-somethings. Someone was almost always hanging at the cabana - especially my DS(15) who, after the first 2 days preferred to hang at the pool most of the day than go into the parks. Having the fridge to keep baby formula and sodas cold was a real convenience for us and having the table and chairs to sit and visit at was great - we ate from the beach club at some point almost every day - kids loved the chicken quesadillas, chicken fingers, cheeseburgers - DH loved the cobb salad. The fruit bowls were very full this trip (last trip they were a bit skimpy). We sat out there at night, too, bringing our wine out in plastic glasses - and of course watching the playoffs poolside was great fun! (I know pathubia's family was having fun - their team was winning!!!;) )
I was told that all the cabanas are set to be "themed" and that rates will soon rise to $125./$70. club - there were quite a few empty cabanas even on a holiday weekend at current rates, so I think they will be overpricing them at those rates, but maybe the demand is higher in season and people will pay that.

We ate at The Kitchen several times and everyone loved it every time - we even had to go back the last night for appetizers and dessert only - we were too full for those amazing desserts when we ate dinner there! We loved our meal at Mythos (first time there also - a real 'gem' - can't believe it exists in the middle of a theme park!) We had an awesome birthday dinner for 16 at Mama Dellas at the Portofino - ordered several dishes family style and everyone at the table raved - service was excellent!!
We were so happy with the food at the resorts that we never made it to some of the old faves - Margaritaville (except to buy a new t-shirt, of course) and HRC - this trip we enjoyed the quiet of the resort restaurants - we ate outside at the Kitchen and loved it even more than inside - so peaceful!! Hope you all enjoy your trips as much as we did - we can't wait to return!

What like was the Mandara Spa as I am looking to treat my wife and daughter this trip:jester:

Highlander - the spa was very nice - I think your wife and daughter would love it. It was located right next to the Portofino pool. They give you a robe, slippers and a locker as soon as you check in. I did bring home the booklet with all of the treatments and prices listed if you needed any specific information - there are way too many of them to list. My GF had a hydrating facial and I had a Balinese massage "using a combination of stretching, accupressure and Swedish massage techniques" - William was an excellent masseuse and practiced a perfect balance (for me) between conversation and quiet- he was delightful and took good care of me! We were both very pleased with our choices - each was 50 min. and the cost of the facial was $110., massage was $90. They have a wide range of treatments and prices - just about anything you could imagine! They also carry a good quality line of products, I try to spare them the spiel by telling them I won't be buying anything, but William did make some great suggestions that I will keep in mind for the future. It was a real treat to have my tired body and sore feet pampered at the end of 10 days of park touring!!:smooth:

bjakmom, Thank you so much for your reviews. As I sit here in my basement office, wrapped in a blanket, you have made me so excited for our first trip to HRH. I long for 70 degree weather again too.
Yesterday we found out friends will also be in Orlando the same time as us and maybe we'll just have to have them join us at The Kitchen after your rave reviews.

Can't wait! :hyper:

ritzbuddy - just how cold is it there in Minneapolis?? My DH just came home today with the bad news (nothing personal, he just knows it's even colder there than here in NJ!!!) that he had a 2 day trip there next week to troubleshoot a problem for work.

I got some of my pics back today - made it feel even colder out (if that's possible!). Talked to my friend and SIL today and we're all thinking that we had so much fun we may make plans for next MLK weekend - we'd be happy to go and just hang out at the HRH - well, maybe one day for the roller coasters!!:smooth:

Hope the HRH keeps up the good work and that your trip is awesome - then your reports will keep me excited for my next trip!!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :smooth:

bjakmom, Well today it's a pretty balmy 8. But tonight thru Monday a storm comes in to dump some snow (of which we've actually had little of this year). Your DH is coming here next week? It is gonna ne waaay more brrrr cold. Cheer him up with that news! ;) Maybe HE will want to hit Universal even sooner than next Martin Luther King day!

I just bought our flight tickets this week, have our park tickets, ressies for HRH, now it is just biding the time left. :hyper:

Maybe I should make dinner plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter