Just back........

longracing

Earning My Ears
We just got back after our first family trip to WDW and FW. We were at FW for 7 days and loved every bit of it. Any question?? We'd be glad to try to answer them.

Hi Longracing! Did you stay in the cabins or at a campsite? If you camped, what type of camping was it? Tent, popup, motorhome? Was it crowded? How were the parks?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed in the cabins. Were not brave enough to tent camp. TOO HOT!! FW didn't seem crowded but we have never been there before either. The parks were crowded but not horrible. Do Fast Pass!! We rode basiclly everything and didn't wake but maybe 30 mins at the most.

Longracing or anyone else

Do you have kids and ages? Our boys are 4 and 18 mo (will be 22 mo at trip time) . how did you get around FW, the walking trails condition, are they nice? We'd like to bring our jogging stroller it folds reasonalbly flat except for tire size Were there others there. We planed on driving to each park except MK we'd take the boat. walking doesn't bother us or my parents we all average 5-7 miles of hills aday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting a little stressed out with everyone talkilng about avoiding the joggers. Thank you

longracing

I'm in much the same boat as tiggereyore so any info you could supply would be great. How was the travel, I've heard some not so great things about travel inside FW and with 2 little ones trying to trek a mile before or after going to the parks wouldn't be too easy if the travel isn't that great.

How many people did you have staying at the cabin? How was the room overall?

Have you done a trip report? If so if you put up a link that would really be great.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Well, we have 3 kids. 13, 8 & 5. We never used the jogging trail but from what I saw of it it was very nice. We only saw a few joggers while we were at FW so I don't think they would be a problem. I guess that part of it depends on what time of day you go walking or jogging also.

As far as getting around FW.....we had NO trouble at all. I've read on here of complaints about it but we didn't have any trouble at all. I was afraid also about it but once we got there the bus routes were very easy to figure out. I talked to an old man on a bus and he said that he had been coming to FW forever and he couldn't figure out why they had to change the buses and routes inside FW. He did finally admit that they worked good but he didn't like the change. You know how no one likes change....
So, I discovered that the transportation is fine in FW, its just different than it has been in the past. For us first timers it worked GREAT!!
The walk to a bus stop isn't too far. Maybe a 5 min. walk. The walk from the stops to the MK boat is about 200yards. You can walk as far or as little at FW as you want.
We had 5 people in our cabins. We had plenty of room and the cabins are awesome!! They are worth the money. If you plan on using the pool try to get in loop 2500. Its only and a 2 minute walk to the pool and bus stop from there. Very good spot!!

The transportation was never a problem. Just read the maps at the bus stops and pay attention to the bus colors BEFORE you get on. The only people I saw having trouble were the people that just gets on any bus, sits down, and then goes " I wonder if were on the right bus". Find out before you get on. Its very easy....I swear it is.

We had 5 people in our cabins. We loved them!! They were great and had plenty of room.
My wife has been making trip reports but Im not sure how to link it from here. You can find it under the trip reports board though.

HOT & HOT!!! We went the first 2 weeks of june and it was 95 everyday. It rained a couple of times so be sure to take a poncho

just one question,cause we've been to fw before.i had heard somewhere on the disboards that river country is free for those staying at fw....do you know if thats correct????we uaually stay on 500 loop, do you have a pref??sorry that was 2 quest....

River country has a reduced admission for Fort Wilderness guest, but unfortunately River Country is closed this year with no apparent opening date in the future

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter