Just Booked 1st Solo Trip!!!-Update

msteddom

We always wait in line in California (something)
Well thank to you guys I just booked my fist solo trip. I'll be staying 5 nights at the Dolphin using their teacher rate. I might end up cancelling, but I wanted to lock in that great discount. Of course if and whn codes come out this could all change too. I'll be there Aug. 9-14. Here are some things I'm really looking forward to doing on my own:

Riding Mission Space as many times as possible
Breakfast at CRT (if I get it, this is something I need to do once)
Dinner at Boma (never been, hear it's great)
Tea at the GF

Yhanks for giving me the courage to do this! Any tips you can give me would be great!!!

Melissa

UPDATE: Looks like I'm going to have some company for my solo trip! My aunt called the other day and expressed an interest in joining me. It would me me, my aunt, my 11 year old cousin, and maybe a friend of hers. In my aunt's words, "why don't we pool our resources and stay somewhere fabulous"? Sounds good to me!!! There will be plenty of time for solo trips in the future.

Way to go Melissa!!!

You will have a GREAT time!!!

You will have a fabulous time, Melissa. Remember to take some time to relax. Summer is quite hot at WDW. The Dolphin pool area is beautiful- enjoy it.

You will enjoy going by yourself, I made my first solo trip this past September. I would go by myself again in a heart beat.
One of the best suggestions I took from this board is to carry around a small note book. I made entries while I waited in line and when I was eating. It kept my busy and was a great journal of my trip at the end of the week.
I had the tea at the GF, it was my treat to mysel and it was great, I did not feel out of palce and the server was really nice.
I am not a big party person so most nights I relaxed with my book.
Have a good trip

Your going to have a great trip with your family. Make sure that you check the PS calendar to determine when you hit that 90 day mark for ressie's at CRT and start calling first thing in the a.m.

Originally posted by msteddom

UPDATE: Looks like I'm going to have some company for my solo trip! My aunt called the other day and expressed an interest in joining me. It would me me, my aunt, my 11 year old cousin, and maybe a friend of hers. In my aunt's words, "why don't we pool our resources and stay somewhere fabulous"? Sounds good to me!!! There will be plenty of time for solo trips in the future.

Well...

It's not a solo trip anymore, now is it?

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter