Just booked my first RCL trip, help a DCL girl out.

I booked a last minute cruise on Allure over Christmas this past Sunday. I could only get a 2:00 boarding time. I know you can only book the shows once onboard. Will I be out of luck for things by then? Do they have a walk-up option at all?
Download the app and keep checking for earlier boarding times. We cruised on the Harmony December 5th and a few days before the cruise they opened up all the boarding times.
Also see if there is a Facebook group for your cruise. People for my cruise posted when earlier times opened up. We boarded right at 11am and went right to the area Royal had set up as the box office (one of the bars on deck 5) they had a list of all the shows and we booked everything we wanted via the app.
The shows open 30 minutes prior for people with reservations 15 minutes prior for those without. It looked like seats were available at all the shows. I think the Christmas cruise will be more crowded and walk in’s could be harder.
Our cruise has about 4200 people.
F5D9A09C-5753-450F-AA13-62A91729310A.jpeg

Last edited:
Download the app and keep checking for earlier boarding times. We cruised on the Harmony December 5th and a few days before the cruise they opened up all the boarding times.
Also see if there is a Facebook group for your cruise. People for my cruise posted when earlier times opened up. We boarded right at 11am and went right to the area Royal had set up as the box office (one of the bars on deck 5) they had a list of all the shows and we booked everything we wanted via the app.
The shows open 30 minutes prior for people with reservations 15 minutes prior for those without. It looked like seats were available at all the shows. I think the Christmas cruise will be more crowded and walk in’s could be harder.
Our cruise has about 4200 people.
View attachment 631596
Thanks for the tips. I’ve downloaded and will keep checking! Nice to know it’s still possible. I saw on the Facebook group some people are canceling because of the new mask requirements.

Any advice on COVID testing prior to boarding?

In Feb, we'll be in WDW just prior to our RC Cruise. Trying to figure out how/when to get antigen testing either near WDW, or at the Port the morning we board.

Any advice is appreciated.

We are cruising right now. I ordered the at home monitored test from EMed and tested 2 days before sailing. It was easy to do. We printed out the negative results and showed it when we checked in for the cruise.

OK, great, thanks. Will order those and just do the testing in WDW the night before we board.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We are also DVC cruisers and our first RC Cruise will be Feb 3. We'll also be in WDW for 9 nights prior to our cruise. I have some concerns about self testing, spotty WI-FI, doing it with I-Phones, and the fact that DH and I r not to tech savy. We scheduled a COVID test the day of at the RC port, a bit more pricey but I feel betterI made this decision.

This has been very helpful, thank you all for your input.

We are also DVC cruisers and our first RC Cruise will be Feb 3. We'll also be in WDW for 9 nights prior to our cruise. I have some concerns about self testing, spotty WI-FI, doing it with I-Phones, and the fact that DH and I r not to tech savy. We scheduled a COVID test the day of at the RC port, a bit more pricey but I feel betterI made this decision.
FYI:
The testing site by the WDW entrance “Main Gate” has reopened this site does free testing. Maybe a good alternative???
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/tem...P05DjOIFdKq254rz_rXlfy_D_XDmGDR08k1U-SaRfZQLE

Is the check in on the app similar to Disney's? We've sailed Disney twice so I had everything ready on my laptop to upload (headshots, passports etc) and vaccine information for safe passage. And once we are at port, do I need hard copies of PCR test and vaccine cards, or can I have the photos on my phone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter