Just bought a lightweight stroller -- anyone else have this one?

Hunnybee

DIS Veteran
We just bought the Evenflo Featherlite stroller for our Nov. trip to WDW. Now I'm wondering if we made the right choice. I checked out the reviews of a similar one of theirs on babiesrus.com and found some problems with it. This is for our almost-3 yo DS who is about 37 pounds. Anyone have this stroller that would like to comment (good or bad) on it? Does anyone else have another one they would recommend instead? This one has great features though -- tray that lifts up with push of button, VERY lightweight, locks in place when folded up, etc. I just don't know! There's too many choices!!!! :confused:

I'm on the lookout too. I sold my double stroller since the 5yr old that started school and thought that I would just use the umbrella for the 2yr old. Well, she's 35 pounds and really strong. That umbrella is on match for her! Plus I have to hunch over to push it (yuk).

Anyway, I guess I'm looking for a heavy duty single that's tall enough so she can't stick her feet on the floor and stop it. Are the Maclaren strollers worth the money??? How are the featherlites? What about Kite lites (I think that is what they are called)? I didn't want to spend big bucks for a stroller for a two year old but I don't want a cheapie that will fall apart. (I'm looking for more than WDW). Thanks!

I'm very happy with my Graco Lite Rider. It cost about $40 at Babies R Us. (I think they have them at http://www.toysrus.com). My DD is 3 (today is her bday!), weighs 33 pounds, and is JUST shy of 40". She still fits in it fine. It has a tray table with a cup holder for her, two cup holders for the grown-ups, a basket, and a canopy.

It is lightweight, but bulky enough to be a pain on the buses. That's the only drawback.

I just got back and we used an Evenflow Featherlight. I think it was last years model and has been discontinued though. I LOVED mine in the World and yours sounds like mine with improvements. I love the aluminum frame because it is so light and I really liked the hinge on the footrest that allowed us to fold it up even smaller - great for the busses, etc.

Mine doesnt have the removable tray but it does have a removable bar across the seat which was great because I could leave it on the stroller when the baby was in it and take it off when the toddler was in it. The only big drawback is that the basket underneath the seat on mine was almost inaccessable. I just bought one of those mesh stroller bags for $9.99 (you can get them at wal-mart) to attach to the handle and that worked great. The nice thing about the bag was in order to fold it up you dont have to take the items out of the bag. I did have to take things out of the basket to get it folded up sometimes.

I think you made a good purchase.

Wendy

I bought the Featherlite last February for our trip to WDW. It was for my then-20 month old DD. I LOVE that stroller. It's light. It folds and unfolds easily. It locks and stands on it's own when folded - great for when you're waiting for the bus. Reclines fully. Has a tray for her that easily swings out of the way. Parent's tray for my drinks. Large canopy. Good sized basket underneath. Very comfortable to push. As you can tell, I really really like this stroller. :)

The only "problem" with it, if you can call it a problem, is the way the stroller folds you can't leave things in the basket. You can leave a blanket or sweatshirt or something like that in it if you push it way to the front before you close it, but that's it. Personally I don't consider this a problem because it keeps me from taking too much crap to the parks - I only let myself take what fits into my back pack.

I think you made a great choice!

I absolutely love the double strollers you can rent at the parks. DS5 and DD3 fit in it perfectly. Lots of room for storage and DH and I can really motor around the parks. They love the ride. There is no way they could walk the parks with us for all those days.

The best thing about the double stroller is using it at Epcot at night. (You can keep your stroller receipt from your day park and use it again at Epcot that night.) Anyway, the best part, is when the kids fall asleep in the stroller around 8 pm, we just cover them with a blanket and DH and I enjoy Illuminations and a few beverages in the evening. This was one of my favorite memories of our first trip.

Thanks so much for all your input. It sounds like I made an OK choice. The downside on most of the reviews on Babies R Us was the basket being almost inaccessible. Now, this model does have zippers on the sides of the basket -- do yours have that? I'm wondering if that would help -- although it wouldn't help with a diaper bag, large shopping bag, etc.

Well, I'll give you an update in a couple weeks -- we leave in 2 weeks for a one week vacation! Can't wait!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter