• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just for fun...the cost of a brown family trip

The statue of limitations had passed. Doubtful there would have been a jury trial anyway for a 14 year old. It's a sad case for everyone involved and I hope they all find the help and peace they need to move on with their lives.

If it was reported to police within a year of the incident, then the statute of limitations had definitely not passed.

ETA: According to Arkansas law, even if the statute of limitations has expired, a prosecution may be commenced for certain offenses committed against minors if the violation was not previously reported and the applicable statute of limitations period has not expired since the victim reached eighteen (18) years of age. This includes crimes such as sexual assault in the first degree, sexual assault in the second degree, sexual assault in the third degree, sexual assault in the fourth degree, incest, endangering the welfare of a minor in the first degree, and permitting abuse of a minor.

"It is likely that the statute of limitations have expired for any offenses that might have been committed. The allegations against Josh would most likely have been prosecuted as sexual assault in the second degree (A.C.A. section 5-14-125), defined as sexual conduct with a person less than fourteen years old by a person who is under the age of eighteen. This is a class B felony. The statute of limitations for a class B felony is three years. The statute of limitations is extended if the offense is committed against a minor. In that case, the three years does not begin until the victim turns eighteen. However, this exception only applies if the offense was not previously reported to a law enforcement agency. From what we know, these alleged offenses occurred thirteen years ago and were reported at least twelve years ago,” Criminal Defense Attorney Jason Files

Moving on here. Prayers to all the families involved.

I bet the author of this post is scratching her head wondering how her attempt at a little humor went so horribly wrong.

Ok sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I did some loose math and if the Brown family wanted to go to Disney World that would be 22 adult passes, 2 kids and 2 infants (I think).
Now if TLC wasn't paying and they wanted 7 park hopper plus tickets and 7 nights in a value hotel (7 rooms) and then the quick service dining plan it would cost them:
$30,760.68 or so. :earsboy:

They should definitely look into buying some Disney gift cards at Target :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter