Just got back from SSR with a 34 month old

angtx

Earning My Ears
We just got back from our first trip to SSR. We took our 34 month old son, my parents and my sister. We had a great 2 bedroom in the Grandstand (8510) which turned out to be the perfect locations. Step away from the pool. A 2 monute walk to the bus stop, 3 minutes to the Springs pool and 5 minutes to the boat to DTD. Loved the room but one of the queen beds in the second bedroom had the same problem I am reading about with the sheets not fitting properly. Other than that, no complaints about the room.

Bus service the first day was BAD!!! I couldn't believe how long we waited to get to and from the Magic Kingdom (at least 30 mintues). By the time the bus made it to the Springs, it was full. Later in the week, I was told they added more buses because they didn't anticipate the number of guests that they had. I guess with the dollar being so weak against the Euro, many Euporeans decided it was a great time to visit WDW too. By the end of the week bus service was much improved. Honestly, though, I think it was the luck of the draw. Monday we must have gotten to the bus stop minutes after the bus left so we waited and waited. If we had walked up and the bus showed up 5 minutes later I would have said bus service was great. That being said, I won't stay at SSR again until my son is bigger. It is just too far away from the parks. Would happily stay there again when it is just me and my husband.

Love bugs were around but not too terrible. Other than Monday at MK, the parks were not very crowded and the MNSSHP was GREAT.

Had a great experience with Garden Grocer for good and A Baby's Best Friend for a toddler bed.

If anyone has any questions about traveling with a toddler, just let me know. I did a lot of pre-planning and had a very successful trip. He LOVED it and we had no melt downs!!! Woo hoo!!!

Can't wait to go back in a few months!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Thanks for sharing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter