Just got back

carallard

Earning My Ears
Just returned yesterday from Fort Wilderness. Must say after reading this board that I was a bit dissapointed. The sites were very close together and without any shrubs for privacy. We did have a nice time and because we were asked to change sites, Disney gave us 4 park hopper passes for free.

Hi - welcome back! That's too bad you didn't have a very good site - were you in tents, or a camper? The tent sites that we've stayed in always are very private, and have lots of trees/shrubs between all the sites. I have noticed the motorhome sites don't have as much privacy.

That was very nice of them to give you hopper passes! How come they asked you to switch sites? What loop did you end up in?

We arrived Friday and departed Sunday. They asked us to move because our original site was separating a group that was supposed to be adjoining one another.

Hmmm...I guess I've never stayed in the 1300 loop, so I'm not familiar with how much privacy the sites have there. We're always in 1500.

I hope you had a great trip otherwise though! Give it a try again next time, and ask for the 1500 loop! You won't be disappointed!

I will go back and try the 1500 loop, we did have a nice time. I started getting a cold the first nite and then the kids killed me doing the 4 parks in one day. We weren't planning on even going to the parks. I was thinking of relaxing and just enjoying the campground then Disney went and ruined that plan with 4 park hopper passes, lol.

Regarding the lack of privacy ... we go most every year, however, it had been 2 years since our last visit. We always stay in the 1500 loop.

Periodically they seem to clear out the "undergrowth" and we noticed that this time. If they don't, all of the undesirable plants tend to multiply and kill off the plants they want.

We've mentioned this in the past to CM's at the campground and this was the explanation we got - which makes sense.

i must say, you really can't complain too much about your privacy at fw. i've been down to the keys and you have no space between you and the next group let alone privacy. they can really pack them in. at least at fw you have room between each site and you have trees...:teeth:

We've camped all over the country, and I find that FW offers more than the average amount of privacy. Considering how many sites they have on the campground, I think they do pretty well, and I am always hard pressed to be able to see my neighbors, for the most part.

:)

FW has sites larger than most found on the East Coast. As you move west, sites seem to increase in size. Why, I don't know. But for an East Coaster, FW is pretty spacious! And I can see where the underbrush needs to be culled regularly.

Hope you're feeling better, Carallard. Perhaps being under the weather tainted your view? :D I know when I'm under the weather, not even my DH in mickey boxers looks good to me!;)

About a year ago Disney really cleared out a lot of the undergrowth. They have been doing it from time to time but this last time they even cut down some small trees and bushes. You can stand in the middle of the 1500 and 2000 loops now and see every campsite.
Compared to a lot of state parks Disney has no privacy at all. However compared to most RV resorts you at least get some separation between the sites. A lot of the sites at RV resorts are little more than parking lots.
It really depends on where you normally camp and what you are use to getting. For a private campground that is on some very prime real-estate you get a very nice campsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter