Just Put the Money Down!--A January 2019 Pre-Trip Report FINAL UPDATE 1/10/2019

I use a crossbody bag. When we did our adults only trip, I used only that. And it did deter me from buying stuff. As I would have to carry around a plastic bag. If that is your goal... That is... ;)

I've used both a fanny pack and a crossbody, and both were great--I didn't like how the fanny pack looked in pictures, but beyond that, they were both fine. As for deterring me from buying stuff...I usually just had it sent to the front of the park, or back to the hotel, so no deterrent there for me! :)

Packing, Unpacking, and Packing Again
4 days to go! I packed all of my clothes last week and have made other preparations in the packing department. We went to Target to gather up some travel sized items. I opted not to get a fuel rod, because I have heard that they don't even hold enough charge to completely charge a cell phone. Instead, after reading a review of it, I opted to get a "Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology (Black)." Well, at least that's what Amazon called it. Kind of a long name, not very snappy.
I also made a decision on the purse/fanny pack/wallet front. I opting for none of the above. I'm just going to use my pockets and call it good. I did pick a card holder from Amazon, but I'm not sure if I'll get it in time for us to leave, but oh well. I had an Amazon gift card, so it's no major loss.
I still have to gather a few last minute items to pack, such as toothbrushes, makeup, etc. But mostly I'm ready. I pulled all of my stuff out of my "personal" bag last night and repacked it in another, possibly larger, bag. I don't know if it really will provide more room for souvenirs/messy repacking at the end of the trip or not. But I'm not moving any more stuff around between bags! I already rethought my whole underwear situation several times.... But perhaps that's a little TMI.
giphy.gif

^Your thoughts, I'm sure.
Also, more great news, my work office has moved! Which means all kinds of facilities management and VP type people have been in and out of my work place for the last week. And they were all sick with colds!!! Yay! And guess who feels it coming on???!!! ME!!!
4edfb6d4881105d6843090b84dc49c5c.gif

I'm going to pumping myself FULL of vitamin C and water and whatever else I can think of to make sure I feel as not-like-crap as possible come Saturday. I kind of hope that if I do get sick it just comes on ahead and MAKES me sick NOW, so I can hurry up and get better. Honestly, if I do get sick, even if I get sick right now as I type, I don't think I'll be good as new by Saturday. I usually get sick and stay sick for at least 5 or 6 days. Ugh! Send good vibes and hopefully I'm just paranoid! (Either way, I'm sending Jacob to the store for more cold and flu medicines).
My friend and her husband who live in Orlando solidified plans to meet up with me and Jacob in the Magic Kingdo
m on Tuesday (AKA, a week from today). So excited to see her because it's been like over a year since I've seen her in person, and the last time I saw her was for like an hour, maybe!
And I got my haircut today so I'll be looking my best in my photo pass photos.
And we are going to go to the Animal Kingdom after hours party, we just need to buy the tickets!
I'll try to pop in one more time to give you all a last-minute update on our pre-trip progress and planning! Not much more to do now other than sleep, rest, and pray all goes well!

Last edited:
3 days!!!! Sending "don't get sick" vibes your way :D

Also good choice on the power bank--the fuel rods only benefit is that you can swap them out but if you get a good charger, you don't need to worry about it running out of charge. We have an anker too, and I loved using it at Disney. Was awesome. :)

Have an amazing trip! :)

Sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better....
Yesterday night I was feeling pretty darn miserable. I did get sick, pretty full-on. Low-grade fever, headache, etc. :sick: But I pumped myself full of OTC drugs and felt much better today. If I get plenty of rest tonight and tomorrow, I am sure I'll feel refreshed enough for WDW. I may not be not 100% well, but I will bet I will be able to get through without having to blow my nose every 5 minutes!

My husband got all of his clothes packed up earlier this week, and tonight we finished off by getting our toiletries sorted and our liquids in a little plastic baggie. Our last chore for the evening is to give the doggy a bath so he is fresh for my parents when he goes to stay with them.

This will probably be my last check in before we head out, because straight after I get off work tomorrow, we are going to my family's house. My dad will probably drive us to the airport on Saturday morning and then we'll be off to Charlotte for our connecting flight to Orlando! I did a little check of the weather. Looks like it will probably be snowing in Cincinnati when we fly out. Hoping for no delays! Wish us luck! I will see you all when we get back!

Have fun!!! Fingers crossed that the weather doesn't impact your travel plans.

At the airport now! Snow is coming down, but I just heard one of the flight attendants for our flight say "this is nothing." Thanks for the well-wishes!!

Have fun and stay healthy!!!!
Thanks! I'm feeling much better now! Just a little lingering cough!

Good luck! Have fun and feel better!!! :)
Thank you! I appreciate the extra luck and am feeling better!!

Thanks so much everyone for following along with me as I planned for this trip! Excited to take off soon and get on my way!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter