Just returned 3 nite solo trip at BWV

tinkfan

DIS Veteran
Returned last night from a quick solo trip. I stayed on dvc points in a wonderful studio at the Boardwalk Villas. The only request I had made was for non-smoking. I arrived Thursday around 3:15. There was no line at check-in and my room was ready. It was the perfect room for me. 5066, it is the first room off the elevator on the left. It was a studio with the small daybed. The view was of Luna Park with the canal and Swan in the background. It was extemely quite except for the ocassional running of children down the hall. I couldn't have asked for a better location. Being right there at the elevator is fantastic.
The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot was wonderful. They did a great job this year.
Also, at the last minute they extended park hours at the MK Saturday night and added SPECTROMAGIC!! So those of you going in May there is always a possibility.
I'd be happy to answer any questions.

No questions just want to say how jealous, jealous, jealous I am that you got away by yourself. I think that's fantastic. So glad you had a good time.

Tinkfan,

Glad you had good time and am going to take you up on your fielding questions. I have three:
1) Was the day bed in place of or in addition to the sleep sofa? I’m curious, and slightly concerned, as we will be staying in a studio and need the sleep sofa (plus the bed of course).
2) I’m trying to determine, based on pictures and readings, if the sink in the studio is outside the bathroom, inside or both?
3) Is the microwave large enough to pop popcorn?

Thanks!

zman-
The daybed is addition to the sleeper sofa. Not all studios have them. It is kinda small with a very thin mattress. I don't think a child over 3 or 4 would be comfortable on it, but it looked nice and made a great place to put my stuff.
The sink, vanity area is outside the bathroom with a door closing off the tub/toilet area. It is a large area with several drawers and cabinets to put things away. There is also a blow dryer on the wall.
I believe the microwave would be fine for popcorn. I only used it once to warm up a muffin though.
Also fyi there are a few paper bowls, plates, and plastic utensils. I had a coffee maker and a toaster, but I have heard that sometimes you have to request the toaster. The only problem I had was there were only coffee mugs and glasses. I wanted to take a cup of coffee with me in the morning, so I asked housekeeping and they brought me some styrofoam cups.

Have a great trip. It has been a while since I have been at the Boardwalk and really enjoyed my stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter