Just returned 6/19-6/25 on dining plan

USA41018

Miss Tink
First of all the dining plan was great. Maybe too much food. No problem using it in restaurants. The snacks now include just about everything under $4.00 except at the water parks. Limited choices at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. The Concourse Steakhouse and Coral Reef allowed Smoothies as drink with dinner entree. Coral Reef also allowed a chicken breast added to Caesars Salad. More on this will follow. We dined at Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, Ohanas, Coral Reef, Biergarten and Concourse Steakhouse. CS included Cosmic Rays, French Quarter Food Court, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, DisneyQuest and Commissary. Any Questions?

How was Coral Reef? I'm so glad you mentioned the chicken breast with ceasar salad, that is exactly what I was planning to order on my dinner... :)

Coral Reef was one of our favorites. We were there for lunch. I ordered the Chicken Breast Nicoise, Shrimp Cocktail, Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee and a drink called the Abyss. All were terrific. My DH, DS, and DGS all ordered the steak which they said was very good. They also ordered the Caesar Salad for an appetizer and were allowed to add a chicken breast. The other desert ordered by DS and DGS was the California Gold which they said was awesome.
The total bill was about $190.00 not including the Abyss.

Personally I absolutely hated DisneyQuest. It was overcrowded with kids mostly teenagers. It looked like the city of Orlando had a field day for kids here. It was terribly noisy. We used one of our Water Parks & more visits for admission. To eat, you must pay admission. However, the food was not very good. We had pizza and pasta with meatsauce (where's the meat). The boys liked DisneyQuest. They said the virtual reality games and video games were sweet.

How did you like Biergarten? We have ADR's there but I haven't talked to anyone who has been there.

Le Cellier was really a good restaurant. The food was perfect. I ordered the cheese soup which was yummy, loved it with the pretzel bread. DH, DGS also ordered it - no complaints. DS ordered the beef shishkabob thing which he thoroughly enjoyed. DS and I ordered the Barbecue Filet Migion which was amazing. I ordered it medium and it was cooked perfectly - no knife needed. DH and DGS ordered the strip - again perfect. DH and I ordered the maple creme brulee - perfect, not too maplely. DGS had the raspberry sorbet. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. We were on the dining plan and with tax & tip, the total was over $200.

Biergarten was not one of our favorites. The atmosphere was German and the decor was thoroughly German. We are of German descent and I prepare many German dishes. Our favorite is sauerbraten and this dish was not good IMHO. The roasted pork, rostisserie chicken, chicken soup, spatzle and side dishes were good. All in all, I would not visit this restaurant again.

USA41018 said:
Le Cellier was really a good restaurant. The food was perfect. I ordered the cheese soup which was yummy, loved it with the pretzel bread. DH, DGS also ordered it - no complaints. DS ordered the beef shishkabob thing which he thoroughly enjoyed. DS and I ordered the Barbecue Filet Migion which was amazing. I ordered it medium and it was cooked perfectly - no knife needed. DH and DGS ordered the strip - again perfect. DH and I ordered the maple creme brulee - perfect, not too maplely. DGS had the raspberry sorbet. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. We were on the dining plan and with tax & tip, the total was over $200.

STOP, already!! [you're making me VER-R-R-R-R-RY hungry, and I JUST ate dinner! :teeth: ]

We loved Biergarten. The atmosphere is amazing in itself. We had such a good time there. The food was fine. I've never eaten much German food, so if you're not an expert I think you'll enjoy it. There's always something for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter