Just Returned From 10 Night Stay At BLT

DVC92

DIS Veteran
The overall trip was better than expected, especially since there were temps in the 80s and no rain. As expected, the worst part of the trip was Genie+ which we will not be pressured into buying. MK is the worst spot for Genie+. In MK, it creates standby lines like I have never seen before. Routine wait times for most rides was at least 60-100 minutes. The Haunted Mansion line continually stretched past the Riverboat entrance. Even WEDWay PeopleMover now has lines when it always had been a walk on. Unless you stayed until the end of the night, you couldn't get on anything w/o a long wait. We were lucky on 2 occasions because rides broke down. We just happened to pass the Little Mermaid ride when it reopened so we walked on, and when waiting in the Haunted Mansion line, many people left when we were told it might not reopen, which it did, and we were able to walk on.

Unless you are interested in certain rides, particularly the newer ones, in the other parks, there are shows, music, animal walks, etc. to do w/o a problem. One day in EPCOT, we entered around 2PM and walked on all of the rides on the right side of the park. In AK, the Safari ride was only about a 15 minute wait near the end of the day.

As for dining, the prices are up, but the food was fine at Coral Reef, GF Cafe, Citrico's, Brown Derby, Skipper's, SciFi (excellent salad), and San Angel. The only bad meal was the Steak Salad at The Plaza. Other than the greens and steak, the other listed ingredients were so sparse, it was ridiculous. You could barely find the cheese, apples, tomatoes, peppers, and fried onions. What a sad joke! Citrico's and the Brown Derby veggie accompaniments were tasty and nicely plated but a little more of each would have been nice.

FP+ needs to return where you can book 3 rides in advance w/o having to pay, wake up at 7AM, and stare at your phone all day. Genie+ really takes away from one's vacation in my opinion.

Last edited:
thanks for your report - sorry about the long lines. Which salad did you have at sci fi - what is the main entree salad?
going in December, so appreciate the recommendation

Grilled Chicken Citrus Salad - romaine lettuce, spinach, and arugula with rainbow tomatoes, candied pecans, cranberries, and feta cheese topped with a house-made citrus vinaigrette and grilled marinated chicken

I agree with you about genie plus. Everything about it is disappointing particularly having to pay, wake up early, and most annoying for me is how you can only use it once per ride.

Thank you for your report. I think I may have to give that salad a try.

The salad did not come with any bread so we asked for a toasted crostini which accompanied a couple of the entrees. The waitress added those for us w/o a problem.

Agree with MK and Genie+. Fur us in June, MK was the only park Genie+ was a terrible experience.

Hoping Iger brings back the magic to the parks. When vacation requires so much phone and personal technology time, we would rather spend our money elsewhere. For us, we want a vacation from what is required in our jobs, schools, and so much of our every day lives.

The worst part about G+ is it hurts large families disproportionately. It's nothing for a single person to pay the extra $, but a family of 5-6 gets screwed.

They should make genie plus free for children under 16 or something like one fee for a family, so no one has to purchase more than one.

The worst part about G+ is it hurts large families disproportionately. It's nothing for a single person to pay the extra $, but a family of 5-6 gets screwed.

They should make genie plus free for children under 16 or something like one fee for a family, so no one has to purchase more than one.
That is us. We will be going with 7 people. $15 was already going to be around $210 a day (G+ and ILL), but now it could be double that?? Crazy times, I told my family that if ROTR is $25 a person, we will have to rope drop, no way are we going to pay that much money for just one ride.

Iger is having a "Town Hall" meeting with CMs this week, I hope the Genie topic will come up and we'll see some kind of improvement somewhere down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter