Just returned from 11 day BCV stay 06/16-06/27..UPDATED 04/09/10 -COMPLETE FINALLY !

Thanks for sharing your fun! I just love all the little nooks and crannies where you can sit and relax. Your pictures are great and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your vacation.:)

Love the pics! We are heading back to our home on the 13th! Your pics are getting me syched :cool1:

I'm having a love/hate thing with your trip report. I love it because I can't wait until my next trip. I hate it because I have sixty-three more days until my next trip. Seeing all your pictures is making me want to go NOW.

I am glad you are love/hating it :rotfl: My pictures are making me want to go back now also.... maybe we could all just move there forever!

I am really enjoying your trip report! We'll be at BCV on Tuesday and can't wait. Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

Lucky you - Say HI to Mickey for me !!

I'll be in BCV from July 12th to the 19th in a 2 bedroom villa. I'm enjoying your report in anticipation of things to come. I haven't seen recent trip reports on BCV so thanks for sharing.

I may have to buy more points so I can enjoy the one-bedroom villa one day. I think the huge hot tub in-room would be great. But then I wonder if I would ever have time to use it !!

What a fun trip report to read! :goodvibes

Love your trip report!!!

Can't wait to get there!:banana:

Thanks for letting me know you are enjoying it... I am having a lot of fun thinking of all the little things.

Thanks for sharing your fun! I just love all the little nooks and crannies where you can sit and relax. Your pictures are great and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your vacation.:)

I was amazed at how may areas the resort has to just sit and relax. It was very cute how there were little chairs and couches everywhere for the kids too.

Love the pics! We are heading back to our home on the 13th! Your pics are getting me syched :cool1:

I hope you all have a Magical Time !!

Great report. We just went to BCV for the first time in April and of course loved it. Though we haven't met a DVC resort yet that we haven't loved.

Enjoy your trip. The pictures are bringing back great memories.

Day 3- Epcot

We have a adr for breakfast this morning at The Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway. We get up at about 8:30 and start to get ready to go. I am having a hard time breathing this morning when I wake up and have to use my nebulizer for my asthma before we leave. I am little bit disappointed with this because when we visited last in August I experienced complete relief from my asthma. I was hoping this year would give me the same blessing but it did not happen that way.
Once we are all ready we head out the front of the main lobby and down this walk way to Epcot.

HWS6-17-09088.jpg

HWS6-17-09090.jpg

It was unreal, we were inside Epcot in minutes. My DH takes off to get fastpasses for Soarin', and the kids and I begin walking slowly along taking pictures all the way. It was so nice to be able to stroll along and take pictures with out almost anyone around.

It was so humid, I didn't realize at first the camera fogged up !
epcot6-18-09001.jpg

The Rose and Crown

epcot6-18-09002.jpg

epcot6-18-09003.jpg

We finally make it all the way to Norway. DH is still off getting fastpasses so we wait to check in for breakfast. While we wait we go inside the little shop and end up buying a Jasmine crown and a stuffed Jasmine doll holding a baby tiger (the stuffed plushes were 50 % off). My son keeps a record of how much I spend on DD - because he is spending all his money on disney racers and the lego store.
Once DH gets back we check in at the podium and are seated just shortly after. My DD first has her picture taken with Belle.

epcot6-18-09006.jpg

epcot6-18-09009.jpg

snowwhite-norway.jpg

After we get to the table and I have taken a few photos something seems to be off with the camera. I ask DH who is running the camcorder to take a look. He tells me that when I threw the camera in my bag the dial on it changed and it was on the wrong setting. The first pics I took were all destroyed - I was so mad ! I will continue to curse the camera through out the trip ! I knew I should have just bought one - but I want a really nice one so I have to save my pennies for a while.

IMHO - the Norway breakfast is by far the best place to see the princesses. We were so lucky even Cinderella is here this morning. We also got to meet Sleeping Beauty,Ariel, and Snow White. All my daughters favorites.

epcot6-18-09008.jpg

epcot6-18-09013.jpg

The breakfast food here is really good. Our waitress brought us Orange Juice and drinks very quickly. When she asked if we had dined here before, we told her we had last August with a nice man named Frank as our server. She said she was actually trained by Frank and he had returned home about two months ago. She said that a whole group she had come with 12 months earlier was all leaving at once, it was going to leave Disney in a bind because of so many trained people leaving at once. She decided to stay another 6 months and was really enjoying her travels. She was very pleasant.
At this breakfast a hot plate with sausage,bacon,scrambled eggs and Potato Casserole was brought to the table. They could serve just the potato and I would be okay ! There is also a cold self-serve bar. It includes many pastries, yogurt,cinnamon rolls,and biscuits with fresh jelly and fruit.
After breakfast we head outside - wow it is hot already... Our first ride is the Maelstrom, it was our first time doing this.. it was funny but I won't give anything away ! After the short boat ride we watch the movie about Norway and afterwards exit into this shop.

epcot6-18-09014.jpg

I am wishing I could just once be here at the right time to meet the guys from The Deadliest Catch ! But oh well can't have everything.

Thanks to my iphone and an awesome website I have the times and location of all the entertainment and characters at my fingertips. So we make our way around to some of the areas to meet some characters.

epcotlagoon-1.jpg

We meet Aurora in France, and Belle. Then we got to meet Jasmine and Aladdin.

epcot6-18-09018.jpg

epcot6-18-09024.jpg

This was my favorite picture:

epcot6-18-09026.jpg

After waiting in line to meet the characters and looking in a couple shops it was already time to head to France for lunch.

We are eating at Chef de la France. Right away my kids want to know... " Are there going to be characters ?" I tell them that there will be a surprise, so just behave !
We head into the resturant and order our appitizers and entrees. I got a salad first and then a hamburger and fries. I was not very adventurous, I know. But it was delicious anyway.
For desert Dh and I both ordered the assortment of seasonal sorbet.

france-desert-1.jpg

Just as our deserts are served : Here comes the surprise. All through out lunch my family kept asking " What is the surprise?" Even DH was becoming impatient. He kept saying.. what if we finish before the surprise comes. It was so funny, they are the worst at waiting for anything.

Here is the surprise :

france-remi-epcot-1.jpg

Remi comes right to our table. The french man who is with Remi is a riot. He asks Remi a series of questions and Remi shakes his head yes and no. It was so cool.

epcot6-18-09027.jpg

epcot6-18-09029.jpg

We all agreed that this was a very good lunch.

As we head outside we see a show is starting up : This was totally unexpected and so cool !

acrobats-epcot-1.jpg

acrobats-epcot2-1.jpg

acrobats-epcot8-1.jpg

Afterwards Dh runs to go get fastpasses for Test Track and the kids and I get some water. It looks like weather is trying to brew up again.
Once we are back together we head for Japan to watch the drummers.
epcot6-18-09030.jpg

As the drummers take the stage the weather does not look good. One of the drummers raises his hand and screams at the sky. And they begin.

japandrummers-1.jpg

Unforunatly, the wind starts blowing hard and the rain starts. They are forced to end the show and we run into the shop for cover. We end up being stuck in the shop for about an hour. The rain then finally lets up enough that we are able to put on ponchos and convince DD to run with us to America.
We take cover inside and watch the Liberty Singers.

libertysingers-1.jpg

It was very nice. It was funny when they did the roll call, no-one from Wyoming... my hubby has two friends from there... I told him to drag them to Disney.
After the singing we watch The Show, it was nice to see the show since Hall of Presidents is closed for refurb DH got his educational fix here ! I tried like heck not to fall asleep....sorry... it was dark.. I was tired !!
When we are done the rain has almost completely stopped. We head over to The Land at this point to use our Soarin' fastpasses. This is one of my DH's favorites, among many. Next we ride The Living with the Land boat ... I always love looking for the fruit and veggies shaped like mickey.

cont'd

It is now all ready time for our dinner ressie. I am already beginging to wonder... didn't we just eat ?? But we are all ready to sit down and enjoy some cold drinks. It worked out perfect for our adr at The Garden Grill.
Everything here is served family style to the table. We have a nice salad, the meats are flank steak,catfish, and turkey with cranberry. The have really good rolls and potatoes with cornbread stuffing. I wasn't won over by the desert which was a blueberry pie. So I skipped it. And after all that food, it was a good thing !
The resturant here spins very slowly, so you actually end up looking all about The Land. The characters came around fairly quickly. Chip was our favorite. At one point he stoled a groom hat off of one of the guests and was running away with "The Bride." Then he came to our table and took my DD Jasmine crown and put it on DH and made all sorts of laughing guestures. This really got the kids going.

epcot6-18-09035.jpg

epcot6-18-09033.jpg

epcot6-18-09041.jpg

After dinner we walk over to use our Test Track fastpasses. Once we are done riding,we are beat. So we head back through the World Showcase towards the beach club.
Being able to walk to this park has made it move up on my list !!

All this fun and we haven't even been to Magic Kingdom yet .... That is tomorrow !!

Hi! I just discovered your TR and am enjoying it immensely! We are staying at BCV for the first time in just under 2 months and I am so excited! Like you, we never dreamed we could afford to stay there before DVC.
Looking forward to more!

Enjoying your tr and your photos of my beloved BCV! Here is one funny thing....we have walked over through the International Gateway COUNTLESS times and have never gone down the walkway along the lake, we always walk over the bridge! I think we will have to do that next month! :)

Hi,

Great trip report!!

As I sit here with my DD4 and scrolling through your awesome pictures, I m thinking.....geez, I really need a WDW vacation. Then, my DD says "Mumma, I really wanna go back there (pointing at my computer) NOW!!!!"

I totally agree with her:)

Hi! I just discovered your TR and am enjoying it immensely! We are staying at BCV for the first time in just under 2 months and I am so excited! Like you, we never dreamed we could afford to stay there before DVC.
Looking forward to more!

:welcome: to my trip report !! I hope you have as wonderful a time as we did.

Enjoying your tr and your photos of my beloved BCV! Here is one funny thing....we have walked over through the International Gateway COUNTLESS times and have never gone down the walkway along the lake, we always walk over the bridge! I think we will have to do that next month! :)

I think I took the pictures of the lower walkway as I was walking over the bridge !! When walking everywhere in 100 degree heat - I would take the short route !!!

I love your pictures. BCV is so nice we ate at Beaches and Cream and I fell in love w/BCV.

Nothing at Disney compares to a No Way Jose' in my mind !! Glad you are enjoying the pics

Hi,

Great trip report!!

As I sit here with my DD4 and scrolling through your awesome pictures, I m thinking.....geez, I really need a WDW vacation. Then, my DD says "Mumma, I really wanna go back there (pointing at my computer) NOW!!!!"

I totally agree with her:)

I really want to go back !! I think we are going to try and go to Disney Land for Christmas -- hopefully I will be able to make it until next October for The World again..

I love your pictures. BCV is so nice we ate at Beaches and Cream and I fell in love w/BCV.

Beaches n' Cream and the No Way Jose ... are my favorites !!

Thanks so much for posting--I'm really enjoying it!! Our trip begins in 44 days--can't wait!

You are now my favorite trip report writer! Thanks so much for sharing - the pictures are great!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

You are now my favorite trip report writer! Thanks so much for sharing - the pictures are great!

Love the orange shirts! :thumbsup2 I think it is great that your shirts are all the same color but they do not match. I have seen family groups all wearing the same shirts and on some of the folks the shirts look good and on other family members, not so. I do believe you may have hit upon a perfect solution to identify you as a family, same color, different styles.

Thanks for the compliment on the orange shirts ! I knew that my DH would never go for the matching tye-dye shirt that I see a lot of families wear. When we first got dressed it took him a minute or two to notice we all matched. The funny thing was, I had not gone to any great length to make this happen every day. So on about day four or so I had a yellow shirt, my son and DH did also - but I didn't have a yellow shirt for my daughter. She had a shirt that had a couple yellow flowers so I put it on her. My goofy hubby then proceeded to tease my DD all day, telling her that we had dressed her in a different shirt so no-one knew she was with us. It was funny for the first part of the day - then I had to threaten DH to get him to stop bothering her !!

Thanks so much for posting--I'm really enjoying it!! Our trip begins in 44 days--can't wait!

44 days ... lucky you !! I already started the trip counter on my computer for our Disneyland Christmas Trip - I think it is in the 160's though !

WOW .... your favorite ...:thanks: .. I am having so much fun doing this and glad so many are enjoying it.

DAY 4: Magic Kingdom

This morning I wake up again at about 8:30 and let the others sleep until about 9:00. We have a breakfast adr at 1900 Park Fare for 10:30. We are all ready to leave the room at about 9:30 and head for the bus area. The area to wait for the bus has plenty of benches and is covered. We only have to wait a couple minutes for the bus and when it arrives it is empty. I wonder if we are now going to make a bunch of stops, but we do not. So the bus goes straight to Magic Kingdom with about 12 of us on board.
We get to the park at about 10:00, so DH decides he wants to run into the park and get a fastpass for Big thunder mountain. We all go through the turnstiles and wait just in the front.
I take this one picture:

magickingdom-1.jpg

And I also have a photopass photographer take a couple magic shots of the kids with the "UP" balloons.

Once DH is back from his light jog :lmao: we head up the ramp to take the monorail to The Grand Floridian.

This morning DD has decided to dress as Sleeping Beauty :
This is in the Grand Lobby of the hotel :

grandfloridian2-1.jpg

We check in and are quickly seated :

The Mad Hatter comes to our table almost immediatly. He is unbelievable, he keeps going on about me celebrating my birthday, and everyone else at the table having to celebrate their UN- birthday. He says he is so HAPPY we have dropped by for tea. He was very funny.
madhatter-1900parkfare.jpg

madhatter2-1900parkfare.jpg

Next Tigger bounced by :

magickingdom6-19-09005.jpg

Then we got up to go get food before we missed anyone else coming by. This was by far my favorite buffet breakfast. Usually when you go to most of the buffets there is a right and left side and they are both the same. But at this buffet there are NO repeats. Everywhere you look the food is different. It includes pancakes, mickey waffles, the best french toast ever, homestlye potatoes, and scrambled eggs.

1900parkfaremickeywaffle-1.jpg

They also had a made-to-order omlette station. The cook had omlettes for five people going at once, it was fun just watching this. There was also a huge assortment of fruit, yogurt and granola plus cereals. Then as if there isn't enough food, the desert bar is loaded with goodies. The ice cream sundae bar is flowing, and they have cookie bars plus rice crispy treats with mickey sprinkles. This breakfast buffet was UNREAL !!

Once we finally get back to the table Mary Poppins comes by to give an autograph:

magickingdom6-19-09002.jpg

magickingdom6-19-09004.jpg

Next Winnie the Pooh stops by:

magickingdom6-19-09010.jpg

Then we have Alice come to our table :
She is so ditzy and funny !! She puts her hand to her cheek and asks my son - "What is a beach bum ?" He says he isn't really sure.. we all are laughing and she said "I think it must be someone who is very handsome and lays on the sand all day." She tells my son she thinks it sounds "very fun." She was Alice 100%.
magickingdom6-19-09012.jpg

Then here comes the Mad Hatter again :

magickingdom6-19-09007.jpg

He is followed by this juicy cupcake - there is a lady that is wearing a microphone and annouces to the whole resturant that it is my birthday. They all start clapping and singing Happy Birthday to me !!

1900parkfarebirthdaycupcake-1.jpg

After breakfast we head back to the Magic Kingdom via the monorail.

Day 4 continues :

Day 4 cont'd

We head down Mainstreet and here it is a sight to behold :

magickingdom2.jpg

I don't care how many times I see it, it takes my breath away (even without the asthma :rotfl2:)

magickingdom3.jpg

We decide that we are going to head towards Adventureland. We walk past the Jungle Cruise- the wait is already at 60 minutes, so we decide we will catch this one during magic hours. We get to pirates of the carribean and the wait is at 25 minutes. DH decides to run to Splash Mountain to get fastpasses while the kids and I browse inside the pirate store. By the time he returns the wait is at 35 minutes. But we wait anyway. Next we go to The haunted mansion. The wait here is 20 minutes and goes by really fast due to the line always moving. After this we head under the bridge to Fantasy Land... oh my lord... the place is PACKED !
There is a 20 minute wait for Small World... are you serious ! We get in line and then I realize ..why are we waiting outside in the heat? The front of Small World is under construction and we have to weave thorugh a rope outside. Not to long and we are finally in the A/C. And then I get to see some of my favorite people !!

disneyworld2009060.jpg

disneyworld2009059.jpg

Next, we see my favorite movie Mickey's Philharmagic. We are able to walk right in and wait in the holding area. The movie is just as good as I remember..... "Let me introduce your dinner."

After the show it is time to start heading across the park to The Plaza for our lunch adr. DH goes and gets another fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. We check in at The Plaza and the 3:00 parade starts rolling down the street.
We are seated and brought diet cokes. As our app. we both order the tomato soup. It is 100 degrees outside and I am enjoying hot soup. The huge croutons in this creamy soup are so good. Next I order the beef sandwich with no onions or peppers and DH orders the cheeseburger. The kids order grilled chicken on a stick with apple slices and french fries.

theplaza-1.jpg

For desert the kids get these cute mickey cones:

theplazamickeyconicopia-1.jpg

theplazamickeyconicopia2-1.jpg

We all end up laughing hysterically at my daughter, the heat has gotten to her brain and she can't find her mouth ....

theplazaicecreamface-1.jpg

My DH and I both get brownie sundaes:
He is saying " You want me to eat what ??"

theplazabrowniealamode-1.jpg

As lunch comes to a close, my DH looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says... "UM.. what did you have planned now?" I say, you want to go back to the Beach Club don't you ? And my son starts begging to go swimming. So I say... let's go back to the pool... the park is open until 3am. We feel we will be able to get way more done later when the sun goes down and the park clears out a little.

So we head for the pool:

HWS6-17-09081.jpg

We hang out at the pool for a couple hours. At about 7:30 we head back to catch the bus back to Magic Kingdom. We have an 8:00 adr at Crystal Palace. We check in and sit on the patio out front. There are a ton of people waiting, I hear a couple of them saying they have been waiting an hour past their adr time. I am a little worried, but it turns out we are seated with in about 20 minutes.
The buffet here is nothing to write home about IMHO. When we enter the characters are dancing about. We meet piglet and others:

crystalpalace-piglet.jpg

I am not sure why, maybe the heat, but Eyoree seemed a little off. He came by the table, touched DD on the head and kept walking. He looked like he was almost falling... I told my DH ... he is always kinda tired :)

After dinner we head back outside and everyone has taken up spots for the Wishes fireworks. We decide what the heck... just like it was meant to be a family is called to be seated inside and a bench clears. We quickly grab the bench and watch Wishes like we have never seen before. Perfect view....

Next, we use three fastpasses we have for Big thunder mountain and one fastpass we have for Splash ( we didn't get soaked !-hooray). After this it is already 12:00 - we head back towards the front. We stop along the way to ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. We get right on - I am thinking - I bet fantasyland is dead right now. But none of us have the energy so we call it a night and head back to load on the bus.

Next UP: Day # 5 "Rest Day"- and the question - "What happened to our rest day Mom?"

Fellow DVC Colorodoan here!
Great trip report and pictures, thanks so much for sharing!
We too love BCV, and it is sure to be in our top 3 as long as we own DVC.
Looking at your pictures LITERALLY makes me SOOOOOOO homesick for WDW I don't know if I should read the entire report :lmao:
Just makes my DVC payments easier to pay I guess, keep em' comin!

Great update! We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare on our last visit - the character interaction was great (Cinderella), but thought the food was just a bit better than OK. Maybe I will give breakfast there a try - sounds like you loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter