Just Returned from WL...

jsfein

Mouseketeer
WOW!! This resort is awesome. This was our first time at WL and we have undoubtedly found our resort for the future. Our group included DS4, DS3, DD1, and two grandmas in an adjoining room. WL upgraded us from woods view to courtyard (Rooms 6051 and 6053). We overlooked the uppper courtyard by the waterfall. At night we could view (partially obstructed) the electrical water pageant from our balcony which the kids really enjoyed while in their pajamas. Transportation was not a problem. We were on the first boat or bus every morning taking advantage of extra magic hour. Our morning boat ran direct to MK without stopping at Fort Wilderness. WL was always the first resort for the morning buses and then stopped at FW (except for the Animal Kingdom bus which stopped at GF). We never waited more than 15 minutes for our return transportation. At park closing the buses and boats were packed and uncomfortable ... but we expected this. Every day we returned to WL at about 1 or 2 p.m. for a nap or afternoon swim. The kids were exhausted when leaving the parks, but when they entered the WL lobby they were "magically" re-energized. In addition, the hotel staff was outstanding. Mousekeepers left towel animals every day and DW left her wedding band and earings in our room when we checked out. Before boarding our car service to the airport, the Front Desk manager ran us down with the jewelry which our Mousekeeper had found. We were very thankful.

I can't say enough about this resort. We give it top grades.

I enjoyed your post. We are leaving soon!:Pinkbounc and this will also be our first stay at the lodge. We are so excited. It will just be me and me dd, 17. just a mother/daughter outing. I have read so many great thing about WL and I just know we are going to love it and probably be hooked thereafter!
Thanks again for sharing..

...so glad you found the WL as wonderful as we did!! Now, you'll just have to add "WL VET" to your siggie...;) !!

Booked a 7night FTP for 8/3 - 8/10. Can't wait to stay there. When I asked kids if they'd rather go to the beach or WDW it wasn't even close especially when I told 'em about WL.

Off Site (1983)
PO (1993)
ASM (2001)
CBR (2002)

Thanks for the review. My husband and I will be at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for the 1st time in July. It's also our 1st time without any of the children. I'm soooooooooo excited!!! Glad you had such a great experience.

So glad you had a nice trip. We loved the WL when we stayed there & will be back. We had the same magical service and were in awe of it's beauty.

Thanks for the report!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter