Just wondering...if you are running, do you go to parks before or after the marathon?

I'm just doing the 10k. The issue is more that the trip itself has to be short, so race day is one of two chances for a full park day haha. Perhaps I'll plan it as a slightly more chill day and then make my MK day open-close.
Oh, we got to AK right when it was opening this year and had a full day of parks. I was in corral B so didn't have to wait as long to start, so that helped get to the park quicker too. If it were me I would do a park then, otherwise you will have just 1 park day, I don't know if I could handle that :)

Oh, we got to AK right when it was opening this year and had a full day of parks. I was in corral B so didn't have to wait as long to start, so that helped get to the park quicker too. If it were me I would do a park then, otherwise you will have just 1 park day, I don't know if I could handle that :)

I'm thinking it will be Epcot in the morning, DAK at night (boy that's weird to say). But there's never as many things to "get done" at those two parks for me, so it'll be a slow pace, just making sure I get on Frozen & see Rivers of Light mainly lol. THEN the next day I'll go full-out park commando as MK is my favorite park.

I'm thinking it will be Epcot in the morning, DAK at night (boy that's weird to say). But there's never as many things to "get done" at those two parks for me, so it'll be a slow pace, just making sure I get on Frozen & see Rivers of Light mainly lol. THEN the next day I'll go full-out park commando as MK is my favorite park.
Sounds like a great plan! The 10k is so much fun I think!

With the exception of a two day trip when I did the first Wine & Dine I have always had at least one park day before and after the race. My default is to leave two days after whatever my race (or last race if I'm doing more than one) is so if I'm doing a Sunday race I leave on Tuesday. When I arrive depends on work, what else I plan to do, finances, etc.

I was just wondering for those who does the marathons, do you go to parks after you have finished the race or before the race?

I'm not talking about "day of the race" but book rooms to go to parks before or after race?

We stayed for a few days after. The reason for this was to keep my legs fresh for the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter