JustEmmy and Emmysmommy return to WDW for some wining and dining

Your pictures are fantastic!

I'm drooling just looking at the potstickers. I'm also quite tempted to try the ahi tuna - it looks delicious!

Would you believe I didn't totally love the cream cheese wontons? I thought they were fine but I wasn't enamored. I think I need to try them again as perhaps I was just too stuffed to fully enjoy them? Who knows! :p

This was so much better than Panda Express!! ;) We need to return for our Y&Y fix!! :banana:

:rotfl2: Isn't anything better then Panda Express. Not a fan!

Great Pictures Emily! I am thinking a trip for appetizers and dessert is in my plans as well! Everything looks so good! And of course I missed out on those wontons 2 trips in a row so I am hoping a third trip will fix that!

Your pictures definitely upstage my sad little iPhone shots :lmao:. I don't think I've ever seen Y&Y presented so nicely!

I've never, ever had a desire to eat at Y&Y... but your review may have changed my mind. Those pork egg rolls look delicious, and those cream cheese wontons just won't go away!

Just HAD to comment on your pictures!!! You have a great "eye". I can't wait to see more.

Great review Em. We will get round to trying Y&Y one day, I'm determined. I am so gutted to have missed it on our last trip. Maybe in November....

This was so much better than Panda Express!! ;) We need to return for our Y&Y fix!! :banana:

By the way, we like Panda Express - but then what do we know, we eat at Dennys too ;) Although not any more :sick:

Great AK area reviews!! Jiko looks wonderful, Boma breakfast is a meal I added to our trip because it just looks too delicious! And I have Y&Y for those delicious wontons!! Your photos are beautiful, I'm sure you already were asked but what kind of camera did you use for these? :goodvibes

Hi all! I'm a new member to the site and wanted to say Hi Emmy! I've been reading your Mom's threads, too and your vacations always look so lovely and fun.

I've just subscribed to this thread too! I'm really enjoying all of your photography and food descriptions so far :thumbsup2

Great pictures of your meal at Y&Y! Those pot stickers look delish.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yak & Yeti looks delish! Last trip when we walked past the CS window it smelled great too, we really need to go here now... I enjoyed all your photos especially of the door and tile floor. AK is such a great place to take photos.

Great Y&Y review! We're hoping to pop in for a Yak Attack and some appetisers during one of our AK days! The dessert wonton thingies have just sealed that deal for me though!! Hopefully we won't have a problem with just walking up!

Hi Bethan! How exciting! And what a beautiful time of the year to be there. We love Cali Grille as well. We can't wait until the the refurb is up. That being said, Jiko is a fabulous alternative. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. :goodvibes

What kind of camera/lenses do you have? I'm very much a beginner as well. It's very fun though, isn't it? :)

I have a Canon 550D, so it's quite old now I suppose, but I love it!! I use a 55-250mm lens, a 18-55m lens, and my favourite 50mm f1.8 lens! I'm definitely going to be 'snap happy' when we head to WDW later this month!

You're right, it is SOOO much fun! I make a point of taking my camera pretty much everywhere with me now - you never know when you'll spot a good opportunity! I have all of my photos on my Facebook profile, but I have also recently set up a Flickr account with some of my favourites: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethan-elizabeth/

It's mostly just landscape stuff at the moment - but that's because we have lots of it here in Wales, UK!! :rotfl:

What equipment do you use? Do you have any links to your other photos?

I'm trying to get my head around photo editing/Photoshop etc. at the moment; it's getting slightly addictive!

That Ahi Seared Tuna looks so good. Great review. I would love to stop in for a light lunch sometime.

Thanks! It really is a great place for something light. :goodvibes

Love this Y&Y review! We have ADRs in September and I can't wait to try those pot stickers as well as that YUMMY looking dessert!! Great pics!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the pot stickers and dessert as much as we did. :goodvibes

Haha agreed! :thumbsup2

Your pictures are fantastic!

I'm drooling just looking at the potstickers. I'm also quite tempted to try the ahi tuna - it looks delicious!

Would you believe I didn't totally love the cream cheese wontons? I thought they were fine but I wasn't enamored. I think I need to try them again as perhaps I was just too stuffed to fully enjoy them? Who knows! :p

Thanks! :goodvibes

The pot stickers were really very good, especially with the dipping sauce, as was the tuna. The tuna was exactly like sushi. I usually don't care for cole slaw at all, but because this was had a vinegar dressing instead of mayonnaise, it was actually just as good as everything else on the plate!

You know, the first time I had them, I wasn't so impressed either, but this time they were a highlight of our day. I think maybe they just need a second chance. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Isn't anything better then Panda Express. Not a fan!

Great Pictures Emily! I am thinking a trip for appetizers and dessert is in my plans as well! Everything looks so good! And of course I missed out on those wontons 2 trips in a row so I am hoping a third trip will fix that!

Haha! We must not do real Chinese very well in our city then, because Panda Express is a treat to us. :rotfl2:

Thanks Paula! Sounds like it's about time for some wontons! Not to mention their amazing appetizers. You won't find those at Panda. :thumbsup2

Your pictures definitely upstage my sad little iPhone shots :lmao:. I don't think I've ever seen Y&Y presented so nicely!

I've never, ever had a desire to eat at Y&Y... but your review may have changed my mind. Those pork egg rolls look delicious, and those cream cheese wontons just won't go away!

Aww! Thank you. I do have my fair share of iPhone pictures in the report though. lol ;)

I'm glad to hear that you're considering trying it! Yak and Yeti is so easy to pass by, but it's a bit of a hidden gem. The Landry's company does restaurants right.

Just HAD to comment on your pictures!!! You have a great "eye". I can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the report. :goodvibes

Great review Em. We will get round to trying Y&Y one day, I'm determined. I am so gutted to have missed it on our last trip. Maybe in November....

By the way, we like Panda Express - but then what do we know, we eat at Dennys too ;) Although not any more :sick:

Thanks Joh! It's a such a nice place to sit back and have a drink... or a glass of water in my case. ;)

My mom told me about that! I'm so sorry. It sounds just miserable. :(

Great AK area reviews!! Jiko looks wonderful, Boma breakfast is a meal I added to our trip because it just looks too delicious! And I have Y&Y for those delicious wontons!! Your photos are beautiful, I'm sure you already were asked but what kind of camera did you use for these? :goodvibes

Thanks Nicole! I use a Canon 40D with a 50mm f1.8 lens. It works pretty well for me. Someday I'd like to invest in a 17-50mm though. :)

Hi all! I'm a new member to the site and wanted to say Hi Emmy! I've been reading your Mom's threads, too and your vacations always look so lovely and fun.

I've just subscribed to this thread too! I'm really enjoying all of your photography and food descriptions so far :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in! I'm new too. I'm glad you're enjoying the report. :goodvibes

Great pictures of your meal at Y&Y! Those pot stickers look delish.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks! :) We love the pot stickers!

Yak & Yeti looks delish! Last trip when we walked past the CS window it smelled great too, we really need to go here now... I enjoyed all your photos especially of the door and tile floor. AK is such a great place to take photos.

I'm glad you're enjoying the report, Sarah. AK really is such a beautiful and unique park. There's always something to take a picture of. :goodvibes And there's nothing the same at the park as sitting in the air conditioned building to eat your meal. hahaha ;)

Great Y&Y review! We're hoping to pop in for a Yak Attack and some appetisers during one of our AK days! The dessert wonton thingies have just sealed that deal for me though!! Hopefully we won't have a problem with just walking up!

I have a Canon 550D, so it's quite old now I suppose, but I love it!! I use a 55-250mm lens, a 18-55m lens, and my favourite 50mm f1.8 lens! I'm definitely going to be 'snap happy' when we head to WDW later this month!

You're right, it is SOOO much fun! I make a point of taking my camera pretty much everywhere with me now - you never know when you'll spot a good opportunity! I have all of my photos on my Facebook profile, but I have also recently set up a Flickr account with some of my favourites: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethan-elizabeth/

It's mostly just landscape stuff at the moment - but that's because we have lots of it here in Wales, UK!! :rotfl:

What equipment do you use? Do you have any links to your other photos?

I'm trying to get my head around photo editing/Photoshop etc. at the moment; it's getting slightly addictive!

Great! I like the phrase "Yak Attack", by the way. So clever! :rotfl:

Wow those sound like some beautiful lenses! I have lens envy. :thumbsup2

I'll make sure to check out your flickr. I've browsed flickr before, but couldn't really figure out how to navigate. lol I must not have really been paying attention. :rolleyes1

What a great place for landscapes! We live right next to a nature preserve, but we have some bobcats and coyotes lurking around, so I don't like going alone... haha

Actually, what you see is just me and a camera. I also only have one lens right now (50mm f1.8). I have a tripod from a self portrait project I did, but I don't know if that really counts as "gear". My boyfriend just got the new pocket wizard and some other miscellaneous gear that I occassionally get to use though. He has just about everything that a photographer could ever really need (a friend and him have a photography business together). I really am a beginner. It's probably about time for me to get on flickr, but I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to share or that I even have enough work to share. I've only had my camera since late January, but maybe it's time to branch out.

I love the editing process! I use lightroom, and it's such a great software. :goodvibes

One day I WILL try Yak & Yeti… but I just LOVE Tusker House!! It's so hard with limited park hours to do everything I want to do!!! I love your shots though! Can't wait for more!

Yak and Yeti is on our must do list for next trip. The pot stickers look delicious, and thanks for the clarification between the side and appetizer egg rolls.

Trying to do some Dis catch-up in between final papers and exams - incredible pictures from Yak & Yeti! And not just the food (although you've reminded me how much I miss those wontons :laughing:) - that tile work in the foyer is stunning, and I actually haven't noticed it before. :goodvibes

Great review of Yak & Yeti and and your pictures are FABULOUS!! Those cream cheese wontons are probably my favourite dessert in the World, sooo good! :thumbsup2 Ok, I'm hungry now ... LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter