Keeping cool Q's?

lucki4

So sad it is over
We are going in July and my DH hates heat at anytime, especially in Florida. I read somewhere about some type of gel bags or something you can get from Walmart and when you douse these in water, and wrap around your neck they cool you off.
Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can you tell me what they are called and exactly where I can find them?

Thanks.

I got the bandanas you are talking about from Walmart just last week! They are called Aqua Cool and cost $2.88 each. They come in 6-7 different patterns. I haven't tried them yet. We leave in 4 days! They are around where the sporting goods/camping equipment are.

Hope this helps!!

Debbie:earsgirl:

I looked everywhere in the sporting goods section of WalMart for these Aqua Cools yesterday and couldn't find them! I will have to check again before we go - in less than 2 weeks! :)

How were they packaged? I admit, I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. They sound like a great find for only $2.88.

Aqua cool, thanks. I hope I have better luck finding them. if not, I will check out that website. We do have about 7 weeks, so i have some time to look around.

I had trouble finding them, too. At my Walmart, they were almost at the end of the aisle nearest the wall. They are folded to about a 2x8 inch rectangle. The top part has white cardboard around it with AQUA COOL and other wording and a picture on it. The bottom of it is just the bandana part hanging out. It was a SuperWalmart, if that makes any difference. If you can't find them, ask around the camping/ourdoorsy stuff.

Hope this helps!

Debbie, thanks. Our Walmart is so big, it is hard to find anything there :D

I bought and used the Aqua Cool bandana's over the weekend. I found them at our Super Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section at the end of an aisle. I stumbled across them. Ask someone in the sporting goods area and they should know where they are.
I used one Saturday. It was 95 and humid up here in Indiana on Saturday and I was adding and spreading mulch to our landscaping. I soaked it and tied it around my neck. It wasn't really cold but I never got really hot. I think it subtly did the trick. Thumbs up for the Aqua cool bandanas!
Bill

Thanks, Bill

I'm glad to hear it worked so well for you! We'll be testing ours out soon. We leave Friday!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Ask the Sporting Goods clerk at Walmart to help you find the AquaCool bandanas. I couldn't find them when I was there without help! Be persistant, I had to ask 2 clerks, the first one didn't know what I was talking about. Mine were hanging up in an area of outdoorsy accessories. I checked on several web sites, and the 2.88 price at Walmart is way cheaper. Good Luck!

how long do these bandanas last? (what i mean is, how many times can you re-use them, again and again? a week? a month? several months? a year?)

i know they'll stay cool for a day or so (according to their website), but i'm more curious how many re-uses you can get out of them (wet, dry, wet, dry - you get the idea)

anyone?

I found them this morning at our local Wal Mart (not a Super). I had to ask, but the clerk knew exactly where they were. I thought this was odd, they were with the knee/ankle braces and athlectic cups. Good think I asked, I would have never looked there!

suzimar57, it doesn't say anywhere on the package how many uses you can get out of it, but for less than $3 I thought it was definitely worth a try - even if I get no more than this one vacation out of it.

Not sure about how many uses. But after using them a couple of time I gather that they will alst a while. At least each day for a week trip!
Bill

Make sure you don't try to freeze these things--DH ruined some trying this!!!
Be persistant at Wal-Mart--had an easy time finding them in Iowa, but not in wal-Mart on Osceloa Parkway near our hotel(went to buy more after DH tried to freeze!!!)
We soaked them in our sink in cold water, and then added ice to make colder and carried them in a plastic bag slung on our stroller til we we ready to wear. Didn't take long when we were there this May---95 degrees!!!! we re-wet them during the day just to re-fresh.
We were able to stay very cool this early May by bringing lots of ice water, hats, super comfy clothes, and these things!!!!
In Iowa Wal-Mart, they were with camping, baseball and bicycle equipment, and they hang on a peg--just a little bandana.

All the Parks now sell these and they are $5.00 and some change
not a bad deal for disney they also sell the hats at the Store across from Tuskers facing the safari ride.Sorry did not check the price.

We bought some at Walmart befor we left and although they are made by the same company that makes the disney ones they disney ones are better quality. We did accidently freeze ours and the walmart ones got a little oozee but the Disney ones did not.
Go figure

these ARE GREAT!!!!we hardly used our fans and with these Bandana's we were much cooler that usual. A small personal fan and a few bandana work great.

We also kept them in a ziploc bag (we had about 6- 2 a piece)with ice in it.So we could change them out when our body heat warmed them up.

After buying and using both the Disney ones and the walmart ones I like the Disney ones best.

I highly recommend these

Mal
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter