Kessel Run???

madduck

Mouseketeer
Do you have to start with the light side to be able to complete the kessel run? I just did the dark side and was considering the light side but was wondering about the term "same calendar year."
Thanks

Do you have to start with the light side to be able to complete the kessel run? I just did the dark side and was considering the light side but was wondering about the term "same calendar year."
Thanks
Yes you have to start with light side then go to Dark side.

Thanks
Just saved two thousand dollars at least.

Glad you asked first. And since general registration for Light Side hasn't opened yet, and they've already changed the challenge name for that to the Resistance (from Rebel), who knows if they'll even have a Kessel Run next year?

Not if the 2018 race at Disneyland is Cancelled... which looks to be the case right now... check rundisney for updates. Developing story.

Also came up in the Light Side thread. I think he's referring to registration being delayed...

Perhaps. It was the "developing story" in combination with the fake cancellation tweet making the rounds today that got my attention. The delayed registration is pretty much the opposite of a "developing story" with the radio silence on it the last couple of months!

Perhaps. It was the "developing story" in combination with the fake cancellation tweet making the rounds today that got my attention. The delayed registration is pretty much the opposite of a "developing story" with the radio silence on it the last couple of months!
Oh I agree - I pointed that out about the tweet in the other thread - he linked me to the runDisney Light Side page in response. :confused3

And their own website contains the same wording about registration postponement that it has since early March. So it's not exactly confirming the story.

I'm beginning to think that the cancellation rumors are coming from people who are upset about the theme.

And their own website contains the same wording about registration postponement that it has since early March. So it's not exactly confirming the story.

I'm beginning to think that the cancellation rumors are coming from people who are upset about the theme.

I think you have to have a new theme before people can be upset about it. Other than the change from Rebel Challenge to Resistance Challenge, there's really no information about a "new" theme. I'd even hesitate to call that a real theme change, since it still falls within the Star Wars Rebellion/Light Side umbrella.

My guess is that cancellation rumors are coming from two sets of people. First, people upset that RunDisney is taking so long to issue any clarifications or updates as to what is going on. Second is that lovely set of people on the internet that find it amusing to wind others up with fake news just to get a reaction.

That Kessel Run medal is the reason I started running after doing the Princess 5K on a whim in 2016! I wanted Princess Half to be my first Half, so decided to to that and Tink for C2C this year, and Kessel Run in 2018. If they kill it, I will be devastated! Still planning to sign up for Dark Side in a few weeks, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter