Keys to the Kingdom

Disneyallthetimex4

Earning My Ears
Those who have done this tour - how much walking is involved in this tour - is it
Horrible?! Im in shape but not fit- am I going to be able to handle it??

It's similar IMHO to being in any of the theme parks for five hours with a break for lunch. Or lets say going to your local zoo and having lunch, etc.

Besides the restaurant, Haunted Mansion ride, Jungle cruise ride, and sitting I think outside the jungle cruise, it's mostly walking around with a lot of standing at various places to hear about things. I don't like standing in one place for a lot of time, so in a few places when they were talking I sat on the ground. There were a few places where maybe I could find something to sit on instead of the ground, but not really a whole lot. Before the tour starts you get to sit in the Town Square building where there is ample seating before the tour starts.

If you have a local zoo or something like that where you might spend five hours with some breaks it might be similar. It's not a lot of really fast walking or anything and efforts are made to be in the shade. I did this last February.

I just did it about a month ago. As others said it's a lot of walking and a lot of standing - often in the hot sun.

You start at Town Square at the top of Main Street, then walk to the Hub, to Adventureland and ride JC, then go backstage to see the parade staging, then lunch at Pecos Bill, then walk to and ride Haunted Mansion, then walk to the gift shop near Peter Pan and enter the utilidors, and basically walk around the utilidors to roughly midway through Main Street.

So basically in terms of walking you're going to the back of the park and back, but you're doing a lot of standing too.

Those who have done this tour - how much walking is involved in this tour - is it
Horrible?! Im in shape but not fit- am I going to be able to handle it??
Just did the tour today!!!! Really enjoyed it but found we stood still a lot of the time and our guide Kevin talked. Wanted to walk more especially around the utilidors. You will be fine. Enjoy!!😀

For us, me at the time 58YO wife 63 YO. It was the standing we can walk far and long but to stand in one place for a long time as the tour guide speaks was a killer. We didn't learned a lot as we have been at WDW many times but to go under main street was cool.

I saw in the tour info it says closed toe shoes highly recommended. I’m just wonder if that’s due to the amount of walking so they suggest sneakers for comfort or is there safety concerns or something about wearing an open toe shoe? I wear a walking sandal in the parks and making sure I’ll be ok to wear these on the tour. Thanks.

I saw in the tour info it says closed toe shoes highly recommended. I’m just wonder if that’s due to the amount of walking so they suggest sneakers for comfort or is there safety concerns or something about wearing an open toe shoe? I wear a walking sandal in the parks and making sure I’ll be ok to wear these on the tour. Thanks.
Your thread has been merged with a current thread discussing this topic. Please see responses above.

They are ok
recommended. Not required closed toe shoes

saw in the tour info it says closed toe shoes highly recommended. I’m just wonder if that’s due to the amount of walking so they suggest sneakers for comfort or is there safety concerns or something about wearing an open toe shoe?
If your tour takes you to some of the backstage areas it's a safety issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter