KIdani or OKW

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Just got back on Saturday from a great 9 day trip.. :yay: Only way to relieve the Disney Depression is to start planning our Aug 2014 trip.. We only have enough pts to stay at AKV or OKW. We spent 1 night at Kidani last Fri and loved how big the rooms are.. BUt we are also interested in trying OKW.... Thoughts.. ??

I really enjoy staying at OKW. It is a much different experience than AKL I feel though. I stayed one night in Jambo (much busier than Kidani) in December. OKW is very laid back, spread out some, and doesn't offer as much dining options. OKW has Olivia's for a TS (which I think is great) and typical QS.... The rooms are large, recently refurbed, and we have almost always had a great view of the golf course..... The quiet pools are very quiet when we go, and when we can we enjoy the boat ride to DTD. We look forward to spending a visit in AK next year because we enjoyed the resort atmosphere.... Also, one thing is that the studios have two queen beds (I think that's the size!) vs the pull out couch....

You mention that you have only enough points for OKW or AKL and you do not mention where you own. If that means you will need an AKL value room at Jambo (which I am assuming not)and you own elsewhere then be aware that those can be very difficult to get at 7 months out. If, as likely, you are looking at standard (or savanna) view, you will have no problem in August.

OKW has the largest rooms of any of the DVC resorts. AKV Kidani is second in relation to 1BRs and 2BRs but its studios are not any larger than BWV, SSR, BCV or VWL. Kidani offers the two bathrooms in a 1BR and three in a 2BR. It also has excellent themeing making you feel as if you are in a foreign country on a savanna. It has excellent under building parking, only two resort stops for the buses, a pool with long slide and a children's water play area, and access to good table service restaurants (Sanaa at Kidani and Boma and Jiko at Jambo).

OKW has the largest rooms. I repeat that because they are not just larger, they are huge. If you have a car, parking is also excellent, right at your applicable building. Porches are also larger there. Views from mostly anywhere are good of golf course, woods, streams, a mostly serene atmosphere. You will have some walk to the main pool and restaurant, both of which are fine. Getting to DD is easy via boat. Buses do have multiple stops internally and they 1 and 2BRs don't have the extra bathroom like AKL although they do have the sleeper chair.

Personal preference of the two is AKV for all the reasons I gave above but if you haven't done OKW you might want to try it once. Moreover, I personally would not stay at Kidani unless I has savanna view and thus if all you are looking at is standard that would also weigh a little toward OKW.

You mention that you have only enough points for OKW or AKL and you do not mention where you own. If that means you will need an AKL value room at Jambo (which I am assuming not)and you own elsewhere then be aware that those can be very difficult to get at 7 months out. If, as likely, you are looking at standard (or savanna) view, you will have no problem in August.

OKW has the largest rooms of any of the DVC resorts. AKV Kidani is second in relation to 1BRs and 2BRs but its studios are not any larger than BWV, SSR, BCV or VWL. Kidani offers the two bathrooms in a 1BR and three in a 2BR. It also has excellent themeing making you feel as if you are in a foreign country on a savanna. It has excellent under building parking, only two resort stops for the buses, a pool with long slide and a children's water play area, and access to good table service restaurants (Sanaa at Kidani and Boma and Jiko at Jambo).

OKW has the largest rooms. I repeat that because they are not just larger, they are huge. If you have a car, parking is also excellent, right at your applicable building. Porches are also larger there. Views from mostly anywhere are good of golf course, woods, streams, a mostly serene atmosphere. You will have some walk to the main pool and restaurant, both of which are fine. Getting to DD is easy via boat. Buses do have multiple stops internally and they 1 and 2BRs don't have the extra bathroom like AKL although they do have the sleeper chair.

Personal preference of the two is AKV for all the reasons I gave above but if you haven't done OKW you might want to try it once. Moreover, I personally would not stay at Kidani unless I has savanna view and thus if all you are looking at is standard that would also weigh a little toward OKW.

we own at akv.

Good comparison above. The only thing I would add is that OKW is more centrally located. We drive our own car at WDW, so we didn't mind AKV being a little more out of the way when we stayed there, but it did take us longer to get to most places than traveling from OKW.

We own at OKW, love it, and have stayed there three times. We just tried a new DVC resort for the first time and picked AKV Kidani. We really loved Kidani as well, even staying standard view. We did happen to get one of the standard rooms with a decent savannah view (a view that would be disappointing if booking savannah view, but great for standard points). I would stay standard view again even knowing we would have a parking lot view - the point savings is worth it to me when you can see the animals from other parts of the resort.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter