Kidani requests

Native NYer

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Kidani for the first time in less than 2 weeks! We have a 1 bedroom savanna view villa booked. What is the best location to request? Do all of the savanna view rooms face the same savanna? If not, which is the best to request?

Thanks!!!

I've heard that Sunset Savannah is the one to request. We haven't stayed there yet, we are going in April 2013. Have fun!

Kidani is my home resort. From Kidani there are two savannahs.

Sunset Savannah is the big one that you see off the lobby. It has the most animals, and the bigger animals - giraffe, zebra, larger antelope, etc.

Pembe Savannah is the smaller one, but still very nice. It is on the north side of the resort (I believe). It has quite a bit of activity with the red river hogs, okapi, gazelle, etc.

I have stayed in rooms on both savannahs. My personal preference is Sunset because of the giraffe and the overall size. If this is your first time, Sunset may be your best choice.

You can't go wrong with Pembe. The Thompson Gazelle and Impala are great to watch.

What I have done is within 1-4 weeks of my reservation, I call in to make a specific savannah request. They will make a note in your reservation and will try and get you that. It has worked for me every time.

That's my opinion anyway.

I would suggest sunset savanna, lower floor. Also, in the past, I have given as my number one request, close to the lobby. That puts on sunset savanna with excellent views and close to all amenities (buses, pool, restaurant, store). Some have reported that they are no longer accepting close to lobby as a request so if you cannot get that request try something similar, such as close to community hall, close to bus stop, close to pool, all of which accomplish the same thing if you get one. Why ask for something that is in that area? Without it you can end up at the end of the north wing. If you have not yet been to Kidani, you do not yet know the true definition of "far away." The walk from the lobby to the end of the north wing is the longest walk down an internal hallway to your room that exists in any hotel in the world (and I am talking about on the earth not just hotels at WDW).

I would request Sunset Savannah, lower floor. We were on a higher floor of the Sunset Savannah and wished we had requested lower. As far as being close to the lobby, that didn't bother us much. We were past the Zazu elevators, which made up fairly close to Jambo House for Mara, Boma, etc. We walked to the lobby, pool and bus stop frequently and it didn't bother us or our kids. I say Sunset Savannah, low floor.

Hey NativeNY'er...we'll be ther at the same time as you! We're on a "points diet" so we're in a 2br standard view, but can't wait to check out the resort.

Have to warn you, though...you'll know us if you see us because my son only wears his Red Sox apparel when we travel. :)

We are arriving Saturday for our first stay at Kidani, which will be in a 1 BR savanna view. I requested Susnet Savanna, lower floor. We don't mind walking so if we are far from the lobby, that's ok. ;)

I want to see giraffes and zebras so I plan to request Sunset Savannah Lower floor as well based on my previous research!

I've heard that Sunset Savannah is the one to request. We haven't stayed there yet, we are going in April 2013. Have fun!

Thanks! I'll take and post lots of pictures!

Kidani is my home resort. From Kidani there are two savannahs.

Sunset Savannah is the big one that you see off the lobby. It has the most animals, and the bigger animals - giraffe, zebra, larger antelope, etc.

Pembe Savannah is the smaller one, but still very nice. It is on the north side of the resort (I believe). It has quite a bit of activity with the red river hogs, okapi, gazelle, etc.

I have stayed in rooms on both savannahs. My personal preference is Sunset because of the giraffe and the overall size. If this is your first time, Sunset may be your best choice.

You can't go wrong with Pembe. The Thompson Gazelle and Impala are great to watch.

What I have done is within 1-4 weeks of my reservation, I call in to make a specific savannah request. They will make a note in your reservation and will try and get you that. It has worked for me every time.

That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks! I'm going to request Sunset Savannah. My nephews and niece will LOVE watching the giraffes.

I would suggest sunset savanna, lower floor. Also, in the past, I have given as my number one request, close to the lobby. That puts on sunset savanna with excellent views and close to all amenities (buses, pool, restaurant, store). Some have reported that they are no longer accepting close to lobby as a request so if you cannot get that request try something similar, such as close to community hall, close to bus stop, close to pool, all of which accomplish the same thing if you get one. Why ask for something that is in that area? Without it you can end up at the end of the north wing. If you have not yet been to Kidani, you do not yet know the true definition of "far away." The walk from the lobby to the end of the north wing is the longest walk down an internal hallway to your room that exists in any hotel in the world (and I am talking about on the earth not just hotels at WDW).

Thank you! I'm thinking 3rd floor.

I would request Sunset Savannah, lower floor. We were on a higher floor of the Sunset Savannah and wished we had requested lower. As far as being close to the lobby, that didn't bother us much. We were past the Zazu elevators, which made up fairly close to Jambo House for Mara, Boma, etc. We walked to the lobby, pool and bus stop frequently and it didn't bother us or our kids. I say Sunset Savannah, low floor.

Thanks! Looks like Sunset Savannah, 3rd floor may be my request!

Hey NativeNY'er...we'll be ther at the same time as you! We're on a "points diet" so we're in a 2br standard view, but can't wait to check out the resort.

Have to warn you, though...you'll know us if you see us because my son only wears his Red Sox apparel when we travel. :)

Kidani looks beautiful! I'll be on the lookout for your son in his Red Sox gear!

We are arriving Saturday for our first stay at Kidani, which will be in a 1 BR savanna view. I requested Susnet Savanna, lower floor. We don't mind walking so if we are far from the lobby, that's ok. ;)

We don't mind the walking either. I'm so used to it living in NYC. I hope you get your requests! Have a great trip!

I want to see giraffes and zebras so I plan to request Sunset Savannah Lower floor as well based on my previous research!

Seems like Sunset Savannah low floor is the optimal request!

We did not request near the lobby but were given it.

Next time I will request not to be near the lobby, it was noisy, people always outside our door all hours, yelling, kids running and screaming and banging on doors, and the animals were always, at the other end of the property, guess they did not like the noise either.

I would rather have a quieter location, I don't mind the walk.

We had 2nd floor but will ask for upper, for quiet and a better overall view of the Savannah.

Wow lots of us will be at AKL soon! Aug 17-26 for us - from NH so there will be a lot of red sox/pats clothing in AKL soon haha!

One other thing to consider, since Sunset Savanna covers both wings, I personally prefer the wing closer to Jambo House. I walk over to The Mara in the mornings (and sometimes evenings) to fill my wife's refillable mugs from the tea dispenser (which isn't available in the shop in Kidani), so I like it if my walk is a few minutes shorter. Of course if you just want coffee or soda, you don't need to go to Jambo.

Enjoy the trip!

We did not request near the lobby but were given it.

Next time I will request not to be near the lobby, it was noisy, people always outside our door all hours, yelling, kids running and screaming and banging on doors, and the animals were always, at the other end of the property, guess they did not like the noise either.

I would rather have a quieter location, I don't mind the walk.

We had 2nd floor but will ask for upper, for quiet and a better overall view of the Savannah.

Too close to the lobby doesn't sound like a good option at all! We don't mind the walking either. I'd rather have quiet.
I'm requesting 3rd floor.

Wow lots of us will be at AKL soon! Aug 17-26 for us - from NH so there will be a lot of red sox/pats clothing in AKL soon haha!

We'll be in WDW 8/11-8/25. We'll be at Kidani from 8/15-8/18. My brother, SIL, and niece will be at Kidani from 8/16-8/24.

We're from NYC, but there won't be Yankee clothing. Jets clothing is another story!

One other thing to consider, since Sunset Savanna covers both wings, I personally prefer the wing closer to Jambo House. I walk over to The Mara in the mornings (and sometimes evenings) to fill my wife's refillable mugs from the tea dispenser (which isn't available in the shop in Kidani), so I like it if my walk is a few minutes shorter. Of course if you just want coffee or soda, you don't need to go to Jambo.

Enjoy the trip!

The side closer to Jambo is a great idea.
Thanks!! We're so excited about our first stay at AKV.

We arrive on Monday. 1 BR SV as well. Requested Sunset Savannah.

Have a great trip! How long are you going to be in WDW?

Did you happen to have any pool pictures taken? We are staying there in May and i would love to see what the pool area looks like...Thanks in advance.
Mike

Did you happen to have any pool pictures taken? We are staying there in May and i would love to see what the pool area looks like...Thanks in advance.
Mike

Bumping :goodvibes

Pool pics and any updates to those who have gone on there trips since posting here what there requests were would be good to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter