Kids and their Friends

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
I've been trying to go to Disney World for a while now (I'm on like every board trying to find ways to go). I found one that might work. My dad has just undergone some surgury and I brought it up to my mom (who is more willing to listen to my ideas) and suggested that I go with my younger brother and sister (that way my parents pay). I told her it would give him a good chance to get some r&r and they could have some time alone (which they never get and they usually don't leave us alone cuz my brother is a pain). My mom suggested letting my brother's friend go so he and my brother could go off on their own and wouldn't bother me. My family has been to Disney quite a bit, and my sister and I usually go off on our own cuz we are disney crazy, anyways, I'm pretty sure my brother won't be much of a problem (there's no internet, no dishes for him that he never takes care of, and me and my sister are barely in our room).
Anyways, What should I know about going with younger siblings (my sister is 16 and my brother is 15)? I've been alone with them a lot and flown with them alone and stuff, so I'm pretty sure I can handle most of the work. Plus, what should I know about bringing my brother's friend? What should I be careful of and stuff? Any hints, help, insites, anything would be helpful. The more I know, the more likely I am to talk my dad into sending us.

Thanks a bunch!

Becky

If the friend goes along make sure you bring a letter signed by his parents stating that you are his guardian for the duration of the trip and can make medical decisions on his behalf if they cannot be reached. The note should basically state that a liscenced physician can do whatever is needed to preserve his health and welfare if the parents cannot be contacted.

I think you need to do a lot of thinking first. Three teenagers are a big responsability!! Ask yourself lots of question before you decide. Has you brother ever been any real trouble other than just being a "pain" as a brother? What about your sister? Do you know this friend very well? Any problems there? Will the three respect and listen to your rules? Who sets the rules? Do you set them or do mom and dad set them before the trip? Do you all agree an the rules? How much freedom do they have? What time to be in? Are the girls comfortable sharing a room with your brothers friend? Are your parents paying for everything? What about the friend's part? Can you trust them all with a charging key?
I don't mean to sound negative and this could be a wonderful trip but I think you need to think this through and work out a lot of details first. Hope it works out for you!
Oh yea, you also need that same note for your brother and sister too.

Jordan's mom

Good points. Neither my brother and sister are big problems. The biggest problem with both of them is attitude. My sister usually wants her way all the time (but for some reason, she doesn't in Disney World) and my brother just wants to be on the internet all day and not take care of his dirty dishes.

I don't know the friend that well. But then again what do you mean by "how well do I know him?" He's been my brother's friend since kindergarden, and he's the most calmest of my brother's friend, and the least to give me any problems. My mom is fairly decent friends with his mother. Basically, I know him about as well as I know any of my brother's friends, or my sister's for that matter.
I have never had any major problems with my brother and sister listening to the rules that I implace on them when I take care of them (the biggest problem is the internet and dishes). Basically, the rules are made up between my parents and I. I tend to be moderally strict, and I don't like people to get away with anything.
Freedom is basically, you can sleep as late as you want, but you have to be in the hotel room probably around 12:30 am (that would actually depend upon the dates of which we travel).
We have always had to share a room with our brother when we went on vacations, so sharing with him isn't an issue. Now sharing with his friend maybe another story. I talked to my sister, and she didn't say anything. But that will be discussed later on.
As far as I know, as I have presented it so far, my parents will only pay for their children. This is probably because they will make me pay, so if I have to pay, then his friend should pay.
I found out that you can get keys so they can't be charged on. Therefore, that will be placed on all the keys.

My main consern is with my brother, not so much his friend (outside of liability). His friend has been very respectful to me (he even called me on day for permission when he wanted to hang out with my brother). The idea is, me and my sister are too vigorous for my brother. And my mom doesn't want my brother to be alone, so she suggested him bringing a friend. There may be a chance he doesn't want to go at all (no internet, no PS2, no friends, no unlimited food resourses). And my brother will go off on his own with his friend if he comes.
So that leads me to my next question: Kallison - My brother and his friend will be on their own, may not even be in the same park as my sister and I. Therefore, with the medical documentation for me to make all the decisions for him, how would I do that if I am not with them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter