Kid's appetizers allowed on Dining plan? A tabulation.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
Please include
1. your date of dining (or at least the month) That way, if you didn't get one last September, and everyone's gotten one since January, we can conclude they are likely giving them now.
2. Restaurant.
3. Were you able to obtain appetizers for the kids on the meal plan? Restrictions such as "Yes but we could only get the green salad." I'll keep em tabulated here. This is a thread to give people info on actual results when down there so that they may make a more informed decision, not a debate thread. Note that some places may vary by CM. we can ferret that out too. This is a summary of our results, nothing more, not any official representation of policy.

Anything listed off the bat is what I got off of two recent threads.

These are places I found on all ears without appetizers on the child's menu.
Artist Point ???????????????
Big River Grille ??????????????
Boatwright's Gave an adult appetizer in september of 05
California Grill Did not give an appetizer
Coral Reef: gave an adult appetizer in 06. We have a report that an appetizer was not given in 05 september.
Chefs De France: ???????????????
ESPN Club ?????????????
Kona Cafe ?????????????
Le Cellier: We have two reports of adult appetizers given January or later of 06. We also have two reports given of did not give an appetizer. Both of these were Prior to November of 06. g.
L'Original Alfredo Di Roma Ristorante: Did not give an appetizer
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) ???????????
Marrakesh: Did not give an appetizer
Maya Grill. ???????????
Nine Dragons: ?????????????
Olivia's Cafe???????????
Planet Hollywood ??????????
Raglan Road???????????
San Angel Inn: ????????????
Shutters?????????????
Tempura Kiku ?????????????
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Non Skillet) Did not give an appetizer
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Lunch Skillet) ??????????????????
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner Skillet) It has Salad, but what if the kid's skillet was ordered but none of the adults order the skillet???????
Wolfgang Puck Cafe ????????????

The following I found on all ears had appetizers on the child's menu. I would assume the children are getting them? Please tell here if they are not or note restrictions.

50's Prime Time Cafe
Cap'n jack's
Citricos
Concourse Steakhouse
Hollywood Brown Derby
Jiko
Mama Melrose's
Plaza Restaurant
Rose and Crown
Tony's Town Square
Sci Fi Dine In.
Spoodles
Teppenyaki.

The following had no seperate appetizer section on the child's menu at all ears but did list a few items that were obviosly not part of the kid's entree We'd like info on whether the kids on the ddp could obtain these when you went too. ????????????
Flying Fish ?????????????
Narcoosees ??????????????
Yachtsman's steakhouse ?????????

The following were either all you can eats, buffets, or family styles that appeared to have appetizers for the kids, though not necessarily different from the adult ones. (or in the case of buffets they can eat everything anyway) Please note any exceptions.

1900 Park Faire
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Boma
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Garden Grille
Hollywood and Vine
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner skillet only)

Also if I've missed a place on the plan or one on the list is off, let me know. Help us eliminate those ?????????'s.

Recent changes.
Got info on Boatrights. It's now listed.
I had Maya Grill misplaced with the restaurants that had appetizers on the child's menu listed at all ears. That one has no appetizers on the menu at all ears and thus goes into the ???????? Category.
Still none have reported experiencing places where they had appetizers on the child's menu and didn't get em
Le Cellier information updated
Coral Reef information updated

boatwrights, child got adult appy's in sept '05
lecellier, no appy in sept '05/yes adult appy in jan '06
mama melrose, child appy in sept '05
LTT, did the all-you-care-to-eat meal in '05 and '06
sci-fi, kids appy in sept '05

Great info...Thanks.

We are doing Maya Grill on DDP. I didn't see any App's for children listed. Does that mean they don't get an App?

We were asked at 50's PT if DD wanted chicken noodle soup or something else (can't remember what it was). This was the only place she was asked about an appetizer.

Sept/Oct 2005

WCC lunch, non-skillet - no appetizer

Coral Reef dinner - no appetizer

Concourse dinner - kid's shrimp cocktail

The rest of our meals were buffets, family style, etc.

deelam said:
Great info...Thanks.

We are doing Maya Grill on DDP. I didn't see any App's for children listed. Does that mean they don't get an App?

I had that one misplaced. In short, we don't know. I'll be doing that one when we go, but it's not for awhile. Hopefully downthread we'll get our answer.

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch does have a child app on their menu (it is also listed on allears); minnie's fruit plate with yogurt dip $3.99. We weren't on the dining plan but this was listed on the child menu and we ordered it for DD so they do have it.

Calie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter