Kids at Dinners at Food & Wine Festival

MichaelH

DIS Veteran/Disney Fan
I have a question about the Food and Wine Festival again. My wife and I will be going this year for the first time with our new son. He will be eight months old when we go. We have never had to worry about kids in our planning, but now we do. My question is:

There is a dinner during the Food and Wine Festival that is $75 per person to attend. My wife and I were thinking about going, however do other people take young children to these dinners. I know that the one that is $125 per person probably not, but I was wondering about the less expensive $75 per person. Thanks for any input.

Dh and I went to one of the Grand Tastings last year and there were no children there. I'm not sure about the sit down dinners, but IMHO it would have been very difficult to manage a young child and enjoy the evening. Someone who's been to one of the sit down dinners might offer you some advice on it.
And, certainly if anyone has seen or taken children to a Grand Tasting and it worked out well, please respond.

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I had decided not to do the dinner. However, we are going to try the Grand Tastings. My wife called and asked about it. The CM said that it probably would not be a good idea to take small kids to the dinners, however she said that she could not tell us that we could not. We had already decided against it though.

I hope it works out well for the Grand Tasting. If anyone one has any thought on this please let me know. It does not sound like the grand tastings are that formal. From what I gather it is not like a sit down dinner, sounds more like you mill around sampling different items.

And one couple brought two very young children; toddler and infant. Other diners pretty much glared at them, although the children were pretty quiet. The sit down dinners start with a standing cocktail time; little kids would not be happy. Have not been to a Grand Tasting... would love someone to explain those if they have attended.

I've never been to a Grand Tasting --- but it's just my general impression that these are not *kid* functions.
I think you'll have a lot more fun just moving around the different booths with your new family. That way you can move at your own schedule, and if the little guy gets fussy you can leave without wasting a $65 dinner.

Welcome to Parenthood!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter