Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the same denim jumper yesterday at walmart! I got it for $5.00!!! I plan to do something with it like you!:goodvibes

The 15th of Sept?? Or July??
I work at the Studios. Well, I'm taking the summer off, but this past spring I was looking for custom outfits and never saw any. I figured it was because I was at MGM, and because I'm not back in the Animation Courtyard. However, come fall, when I go back, I will once again be on the lookout for the outfits I've seen posted here.
OH ...sorry...It is the 15th of Sept. We have lunch ressies at 50's PT that day. It would be awesome to meet ya. We love to meet CM's and actually try to compile a list of who will be where B4 we go. (yes I am very weird.:lmao: )

Still haven't been able to figure out the multi-quote thing, so I hope this post makes sense. Also, I didn't write down names, so please forgive me for not calling you by name..
Down in the bottom corner where the quick response and the quote buttons are is where you do it. The one with the quote marks is what you click. It will highlite red as you choose it. Just keep going along and clicking till you get to the last one you want then on that one click the Qoute button too. Hope that makes sense. PPSSSTT!!...dont feel bad, took me about 3 months of posting to figure it out on my own. :rotfl2:

They all look so cute!!

We are planning for April 08.

I started thinking of a fun Safari themed outfit last night.

Or have any of you made a custom outfit centered around Winnie the Pooh, Piglet or the rest of the gang from the Hundred Acre Woods??

Here is a picture of the outfits I made for my girls to wear to breakfast at CP. My older daughter will have an embroidered Pooh on a white t-shirt, but I don't have it back from the embroiderer yet.

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b33bd8100000025118MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b3c3cbe00000026108MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b383cba00000026108MYtm7ds0k

Okay, nobody laugh this is the very first thing I've ever sewn in my life! Very basic and simple, but it gave me the confidence to try something a bit harder. It seems a bit plain to me now. I think I'm going to add a turquoise edge to the bottom, now that I've had some more practice.:thumbsup2

Sorry this top picture for some reason will not resize or flip...

June107-1.jpg

June114.jpg

It looks good and comfy! Everyone starts somewhere so try not to get discouraged. :)

Such cute little ladies!!

It looks good, karrierock, and the color is very flattering on your little cutie! I love that Nemo fabric.

Okay here is my second attempt with my new found confidence!:woohoo: I'm quite happy with it except for the sizing of the pants. The pattern was a 1-2-3 size, and I think it was designed for diapers, because it's a bit poofy in the crotch. I attempted to alter it, with some success, but after I put the waistband in, I was not going to take it out to fix it right. Anyway, lesson learned. Trim down all patterns for my skinny girl!

June120.jpg

June121.jpg

LadyRob-
Have you gotten your outfits from Todays*Child*Creations yet? I'm anxious to get mine and was wondering if you've received yours?!

Okay here is my second attempt with my new found confidence!:woohoo: I'm quite happy with it except for the sizing of the pants. The pattern was a 1-2-3 size, and I think it was designed for diapers, because it's a bit poofy in the crotch. I attempted to alter it, with some success, but after I put the waistband in, I was not going to take it out to fix it right. Anyway, lesson learned. Trim down all patterns for my skinny girl!

June120.jpg

June121.jpg

I'm impressed! I don't sew but you all are making me wish I did!!!!

O.K. girls - I came up on this thread by chance and am loving it! I am a sewing wannabe. I tried last fall to put together outfits for my dd and my sister's two dd's so they were all matching. I made a total of 6 pillowcase dresses :banana: so they could have two outfits each. Once I get enough posts, I'll share pictures.
That is the extent of things I made - I "contracted out" our other outfits and due to the attention the girls received from characters, cast members and not to mention WONDERFUL pictures - I am in the process of coming up with an outfit for them for each day to wear on our trip this fall.
Our best Disney moment was when outside Space MT a CM from Australia walked up to the girls (they were in their red/white polka dotted pillowcase dresses with the Disney red/white cap with ears) - began saying "oh my goodness, I can't believe it's Minnie Mouse" and talking to the girls just like they were Minnie - asked each one to sign her autograph book and then posed for pictures with the girls. Priceless!!

Where are you at in the Animation Courtyard? We are going to be at Disney between Oct29 - Nov 2, I will be sure to be on the lookout (if I know where to look for ya) :goodvibes

Actually, I had said that I'm not in the Courtyard, and I thought that was why I hadn't seen any custom outfits. I am assigned to Sunset Attractions, and 90% of the time I work Fantasmic! On those days I try to get shifts that go in early enough so I can work the parade, too. (I drive too far to just work for 4 hours.) I also occassionally work at Theatre of the Stars which is where Beauty and the Beast in performed. Basically, I am a crowd control CM. We wear the green shirts at the Studios. Our group also works the HSM Pep Rally, too, although I personally have only done that once or twice.

What can I say.... it allows me to get my Disney fix in and helps support my Disney habit. :lmao:

Here is a picture of the outfits I made for my girls to wear to breakfast at CP. My older daughter will have an embroidered Pooh on a white t-shirt, but I don't have it back from the embroiderer yet.

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b33bd8100000025118MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b3c3cbe00000026108MYtm7ds0k

47b7d804b3127cce86d34b383cba00000026108MYtm7ds0k

:yay: Wow! I love the way those came out. Those look wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing them. Your little ones sure are cute and they look like they love them too!!! I would love to see the shirt when you get that back too!!!

We'll be there September 11 - 16 and I plan to have at least 1 custom outfit for each day for my dd.

OMG! Those are our dates too! So if you see a crazy lady running up to you yelling "You must be Tink!" it'll be because I recognize you from the board. LOL!

They are called rhinestuds. I got it off Ebay. I can PM you the seller if you like :)

Hmmm, I am not understand what all happened on this thread today. I am feeling a little upset about it. I am pretty sure I am the only person that has posted pictures of my DS with Down Syndrome. I didn't see it as a big deal :confused3 I think he looks quite cute, after all he is in Disney clothes.... I am never looking for a comments on either of my kids, I am simply enjoying everyones work and sharing my own (made and bought). :rolleyes:

I may be off base here, but my interpretation of what Castle said was simply putting it that people post pics of their kids and such here and if we are all jumping all over the one that shows a snot in it, you can only imagine what may be getting said (or thought) about other pics that are posted to our thread. That talking about a snot photo may inhibit a person from wanting to post pictures that may be in someone else's eyes, less than perfect. Like I said, maybe I am wrong, but that is how I took it. I don't think she meant to say that someone DID have issue with a disabled child or anything else.

Like I've said before, you DO have adorable kids. Your son has the most striking eyes and I am drawn to his photo every time you post. I swear I'm not some fruit cake...I just know a cute kid when I see one. :cutie:

Here's some shoes and bows:
Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Okay, for the shoes, did you just paint right on them or did you have to prime the shoes first? Do you know if the paint comes off easily with wearing? I am wanting to do a pair, but I'd be upset if it scratches off with wear pretty easy. What did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter