Kids Drink rules on Quick Service Dining Plan?

JenniferParker

Doing DISNEY since 1971
I am confused because the Quick Service Dining Plan (QSDP) states that kids can get a drink with their meal, but then most of the kid meals that I've seen say milk or water. So can the kids still get a Coke or non-alcoholic specialty drink if they want? If so, does that replace the drink that comes with the meal or in addition to it? The new dining plans lack good documentation to really understand them. I've read the official DDP on Disney several times thinking I must be missing it.

Sounds like you are talking about pre arranged kids meals on menus, is that right? Like something similar to a happy meal?

Last edited:
Sounds like you are talking about pre arranged kids meals on menus, is that right? Like something similar to a happy meal?
Yes, many of the online menus at the Quick Service restaurants show the kids meal with only milk or water choice. So, I'm not sure if the kids can still order a separate/different drink on the QSDP.

For kids, it’s what ever comes with the kids meal. No shakes, smoothies, etc. though they may be able to get a kids cup soda (like the size of the free water they give out). Disney Food Blog just did a video where they talk about this situation. A child who is considered an adult for the DDP can get a shake, but not an alcoholic beverage even though the DDP is the same price. You have to be over 21 and provide ID to get an alcoholic beverage for each person.

I am confused because the Quick Service Dining Plan (QSDP) states that kids can get a drink with their meal, but then most of the kid meals that I've seen say milk or water. So can the kids still get a Coke or non-alcoholic specialty drink if they want? If so, does that replace the drink that comes with the meal or in addition to it? The new dining plans lack good documentation to really understand them. I've read the official DDP on Disney several times thinking I must be missing it.

The menus state the substitutions. If you have downloaded the my disney experience app then you may be able to play a little in the mobile order section and see the menus where it should tell you the substitutions. Soda is a standard sub and areas that have fries normally allow that as a swap for one of the sides. If they offer hot cocoa, that is normally allowed as a beverage swap as well.

Thank you. I've started reviewing the options in the MDE app, that really helps me understand it better. I greatly appreciate your help.

Sorry to deviate the subject a little, but are kids allowed to order a special drink / smoothie with their table service credit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter