Kim's new and improved life journal!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
i am glad that you have fun plans today--i was going to call and make sure or else i was coming down and we were doing out :)

Hope you have ag reat time!

Hey kim.....everything ok?
Just stopping by to say HI!!!

re

Hey guys. I'm still here. :goodvibes Nothing new to report. I'm going crazy getting ready for the holidays. Our painter is finally done painting the house (I'll take pics after this weekend when we get everything put back together).

Food hasn't been great, and exercise is not happening right now (unless you count running around stores? :confused3 ). Hopefully very soon things will kick in for me. I have my ablation scheduled for January 8th, so I'll be laid up for a little while after that, then it's back to running for me. :thumbsup2

Take care, guys. And thanks Ree Ree for not letting me slip to the 2nd page (or saving me from the 2nd page, whichever it was :laughing: ).

Hi Kim!!! Glad you're alive and well! :goodvibes

What is ablation??? Did I miss something???

Hope you have a great weekend! Can't wait for the pics!

Stacie

What is ablation??? Did I miss something???

Hey Stacie! No, I think it's been a while since I've talked about it, so you might not have been around then.

Scott - close your ears! :rolleyes1

Basically, I have TOM issues (time of the month). I get it every 21 days or so, and it lasts about 14-18 days. I have extremely heavy TOMs and painful too. I had my tubes tied about 3 years ago, so my next step (my dr. will only perform this on someone that has had their tubes tied, since there's absolutely no chance of pregnancy afterwards) is the endometrial ablation. Since I'm in my low 30's and potentially have another 20+ years of TOM, it really doesn't make sense to suffer like this. The ablation is a burning of the uterine lining, which will decrease or take away the bleeding every month (hopefully!) My gyn ran a bunch of tests to make sure there wasn't an underlying cause for the excess bleeding and they all came back normal. So I'm officially scheduled for the ablation on January 8th. Keep your fingers crossed that it works! :thumbsup2

Hey Kim. WOW! ugh. TOM!!! I hope that the ablation works for you! Sorry you must suffer so much each month! :flower3: Yeah, I had totally missed that. Thanks for keeping me up to date!

Stacie

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry I haven't been around. Sounds like you are busy too.

I am watching you very carefully. My gyn is trying to convince me to have the ablation too. I have similar issues. So I am asking you to be brutally honest with your experience.

Take care,
Beth

Hey Beth - I'll definitely keep you posted. We can always email back & forth or PM. I'm not sure if everyone here wants to hear the yucky details. :rolleyes: I have another journal buddy that has had the procedure and was a great source of information for me. So I'll try to be that buddy for you. :hug:

But as far as not being around here.....

Yes, I'm crazy busy and stressed. Happens to me every year. As I sit at work during the day, I think about and write notes for all of the stuff I'm going to get done at night. But night comes and after I'm done with my normal "mom" duties - I'm spent. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the crappy eating and lack of exercise - but I'm drifting back into a bad mental state. I don't feel good about me anymore. This holiday season has forced me to function and keep going. Without it, I fear I'd really be down in the dumps.

I read journals a lot and visit you guys often, but just haven't really been posting much. Mostly because of my mood. I feel like I can't be motivating right now without feeling hypocritical.

I have a plan in place. After my procedure - I am getting back to ME. I am going to re-focus on me and re-claim my ME time. I am going to eat healthy (since that is what makes me feel my best inside) and I'm going back to running & walking (that's why they make jackets and gloves) because I need those mental breaks from life.

For now, though...I will probably stop posting in my journal. I'll still be "around" and will still be checking in with you guys. But I need to get myself back in order. I'm tired of posting "nothing new here", or "I'm gonna do it soon". I want to be back in the swing of things and then report back.

Thanks, guys. For being here for me. No need to worry. I will absolutely be back! (most likely I'll start a new journal thread)

Love you guys!! Have a wonderful holiday, whatever you all celebrate! And here's to a new year! :thumbsup2

Kim - Do what you have to do. Your plan sounds like a good one and I look forward to hearing from you that you are back in the swing of things and feeling good. Or better. You know what you have to do, what works for you, but sometimes knowing and doing are about a thousand miles apart. Hopefully it won't stay that way too much longer for you. You know I'm here for you when things are great and when things are crappy, so don't be a stranger, OK? :hug:

And good luck for an uneventful procedure. It sounds like that has the potential to make a HUGE difference in your daily life!

Kim, Good luck with the ablation procedure, it sounds awful :( but worth it if it can solve your TOM problems! I wish you the best in the New Year as you begin to refocus on yourself and your health goals. I know that when things were rough for me last year the last thing I wanted to do was post here in the journals about not being able to run..so I do understand that.

I hope you have a nice holiday with your family. I think we all just stress way too much this time of year. I've tried so hard to be calm and relaxed but yesterday everything caught up with me. I know that overwhelmed feeling all too well.

Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger. :goodvibes

Kim~
I completely understand what you are saying....I feel the same way.
Blah blah blah....nothing new....no exercise...crappy food...I can relate.
Just like you told me a few months ago....take all the time you need....we're always here for you :grouphug: .
I will miss you, but I have your phone number, and believe me...I'll be using it!!

Take care of you...we love you!

Marie-re

Hey Kim,

I understand about not feeling like journaling. We'll all be here when you are ready.

Your plan sounds awesome, and good luck with the procedure. We will probably still pop in here just to let your know we're thinking about you.

Take care of yourself,
Beth

Merry Christmas Kim!!! I hope you are doing well and all the stress is gone! Take time to relax and enjoy your family...I find that a glass of wine helps with that LOL! ;) How are your hips feeling?? Stop in if you get a chance and let us know how you are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter