kinder-care vs. fairy godmothers ?

strawberryblonde

<font color=red>"We wants the redhead!!!!"<br><fon
We will be staying on site so we have our choice. Which would you chose if you could? I am leaning towards FG's because they are older (30-65) instead of over 18. Our two kids are nearly 3 and 5 1/2 years old. Min. cost for Kinder would be $62 with $15.50 for each additional hour, min. cost for FG is $60 with $12 for each additional hr. So basically the same cost.

Plans are to have babysitter arrive about 7:30 so we can settle the kids in with sitter, going to dinner at rest. in our resort at 8pm. Checking back on kids after dinner and getting little one to sleep if need be before going on the pleasure island for some dancing. Does this sound like a doable plan? My 5 yr. old is looking forward to this already because we have disscussed it and babysitter sounds special to him. They have only been watched by grandma before but just see her once a year. My DH could really use a night out, it has been so long. Looking for some handholding here :p

forgot to mention we will be using our own car, so we won't be depending on buses to get back in a hurry if need be. We will take our cell phone as well and leave the number with sitter.

We used fairy godmothers last year and are planning to use them again on this trip. My kids were 1 & 3.5 last year and absolutely loved the sitter they sent over. However, they asked that I get someone else this time just so they can meet someone new I guess.

I've never used Kinder-Care so I really can't compare.

I have used both! Kindercare is only open business hour(7:30am- 6:00) if I am recalling correctly. FG was great and kept the kids busy and safely in your room. They were also put to bed which was a relief. Kindercare was also nice but a completely different type of atmosphere. We used the center one day to go to the parks to ride some thrill rides that the little ones couldn't.

Thank-you both for posting :), it is nice to hear you were both pleased with FG's.

I am interested in Kinder-Care's in-room babysitting service, not their learning center. They do both but I was wanting to hear if anyone had used their in-room service, and why. You can only use their service if you are staying on-site. Fairy Godmothers sounds better to me because of the older age but I was curious if Kinder-Care's service is considered better since I will be staying onsite.

Anyone have an opinion between the two?

I am not staying on-site and when I called the Kindercare number they told me they would watch my kids. We are staying at the DoubleTree in DTD which is not an official Disney Hotel.

I think they are the official in-room sitters for Disney but you don't have to be staying on-site to use them. They are $3 more per hour and their travel charge is $3 more than FG. However they do offer a pager service where as the FG do not. For an extra $5 they give you a pager so the sitter can get a hold of you immediately. We have a celphone which we know works at Disney so it didn't seem that important to us but maybe to someone else?

They also only guarantee that the sitters will be at least 18 years old. The FG guarantee that all sitters are mothers or grandmothers and are all over the age of 30 (I think).

Thank-you Shelly. What you are saying makes sense. I was going by the Unofficial Guide, I hadn't actually called Kinder-care myself :p . Fairy Godmother's will fit our family just fine :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter