Krispy Kreme in Kitchener?

Whoops! I'm wrong, everyone else is correct. It IS on the corner of Strausburg and Ottawa, but NOT the corner that the mall is on. It's going in on the corner across the street from the Timmies and the Gas Station. (It's just an empty field right now)

As an interesting story. A co-worker was down in the States for vacation this past weekend. They came back with two boxes of KK donuts. They brought one into work and no one wanted one. Everyone had tried them previously somewhere and didn't like them. lol.

I wonder how well KK will do here?

Judging by the line-ups in Mississauga, I think they should do well in their other locations (and I'll be helping out their Kitchener location ;)).

The thing I like most about KK is that they are so FRESH and so light in texture, that they melt in your mouth. Yes, they are sweet but I can't say that I've experienced one where the glaze was like granular sugar. I do think that they are best when they are warm, though and any that I bring home I put in the microwave for the suggested 8 seconds each. I once bought some at a Georgia gas station convenience store on the way home but they weren't the same as getting them "fresh".

Most of the time I have found Tim's donuts to be stale because they have sat around since early morning, so I usually avoid buying them and chose something else. JMHO :D

I love the things. In our house a dozen is lucky to last until the next morning. The thing is it seems that they are like coffee. You either like them or you prefer one of the competitions. My inlaws think they are too sweet, and prefer the good old fashioned Tim Hortons. Not being a coffee drinker, I think I now understand why Starbucks fans hate Second Cup coffee, and vice versa.

Starbucks coffee is like tar LOL! When my dd stayed at Sick Kids, I used to drink Starbucks only because the walk to Timmy's late at night scared me. I think I have an emotional hatred towards Starbucks, it reminds me of Sick Kids. Ohhhhh, I'm getting the willies right now! LOL! S

Yep, I guess it's all a matter of preferance, but it seems that lots of people do enjoy KK Donuts here. :) (but i'm still a brainwashed Timmies fan)

My vote is also in for Starbuck coffee tasting bad. Well.. that is if they had REAL COFFEE. I'm not talking about the Triple-Mocha-Cappa-Frappa-Papa-Chino Deluxe Twist-With-A-Foot of Cream On Top-And a Dash of cinnomon-Garlic-Orange-Powder-Coco-Latte-Creme-Juice. Not to mention all of this in a cup size that isn't defined by or obey any recognizable orderly law in the universe.

After ordering one of those coffee abominations, I feel that I need to look around for the olympic judge holding up one of those point signs, like my order was some complex diving maneuver.

I have just been informed that apperently there IS a normal coffee at Starbucks. It's called the Americana or something like that. I always thought it was called COFFEE.

Of course, this is just my opinion. heh. :jester:

FAVOURITE COFFEE: Timmy's English Toffee Coffee!

I agree with SandraC! I love their English Toffee coffee drink!

LOL, SpecialFXKid! Could you still see straight after one of those concoctions? ;)

Actually, when we go to Starbucks, it's usually also to Chapters and Dh, (who loves Tim's coffee), orders the "mild of the day' because he finds anything else there too strong. I'm not much of a coffee drinker and always get the Tazo Chai.

Recently, a friend and I went for lunch at Williams and she introduced me to a mocha caramel frappé ~ now THAT was Yummy!! :D

Took forever for the lineups to disipate (sp.). In Orlando April they did not appreciate my excitement at no line. Last time we went we had 7 donuts (3X2 and 1) waiting in the 10 minute line....

Love the glazed filled (yes way too sugary).....

My vote is also in for Starbuck coffee tasting bad. Well.. that is if they had REAL COFFEE. I'm not talking about the Triple-Mocha-Cappa-Frappa-Papa-Chino Deluxe Twist-With-A-Foot of Cream On Top-And a Dash of cinnomon-Garlic-Orange-Powder-Coco-Latte-Creme-Juice. Not to mention all of this in a cup size that isn't defined by or obey any recognizable orderly law in the universe.

Very funny SpecialFXKid! :cool:

Went to my sister's place last night. Her DH had brought home a dozen KK donuts and she needed some volunteer taste testers. Hey, it was for research! :p

Had a cream filled glazed. We nuked them for the suggested 8 seconds. It was nice and light, but very (too) sweet! I still prefer TH, but wouldn't mind being a KK taste tester again! :)

Unlike Lay's chips (I'm out of control with those things...lol), I was able to stop at one.

Kim :)

Just in case you didn't get any specifics, KK will be going
up across from Timmy's on the crn or Ottawa and Strassburg beside Montana's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter