Kudani village and grills

mickeys girl 52

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Kudani village in a standard grand Villa this month. We changed at the four-month mark from a treehouse to a grand Villa because we had more people joining us and was so happy to get a grand villa , but all they had available were the standard ones. I have been told there is only two of them and I know they don't have the best view of the Savannah. But I am not quite sure where they are in regard to the grills at the resort. The reason I am asking we are getting ' we go shop' to deliver food and I am wondering if it is worth getting meat to grill or if the grills are too far from these two grand villas?

I believe the standard view GV's have a view of the pool, the BBQ's are by the tennis courts which is pretty far away next to the resort entrance driveway.

:earsboy: Bill

Kidani Village is in the shape of a backward 3. The two standard view Grand Villas are at the very top of the 3... I understand that these two grand villas were originally designated as Savanna view, until there were too many complaints. They technically are on the Pembe savanna, however the strip of land is so small that very few animals are usually seen there.

I have never used the grills at Kidani Village, however the grill pit looks fabulous and I plan to do so some day. I think it would be a bit of a hike from your villa to the grills. However, if the weather is nice you might consider bringing your group down there to eat. I believe there are picnic tables where you could sit, and eat "al fresco."

It sounds great to me... :)

There is a map of Kidani Village here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg (And yes, that is the correct link -- whoever created that web page misspelled Kidani as Kindani).

Over on the left, follow the hallway that extends up towards the upper left corner of the map. See the little red heart with the letters AED on it (marking the location of a defibrillator) ? The Standard View GVs are in that general area, plus or minus one "bead".

Now look at the lower right corner of the map. See the tennis court? The grills are in that area. It will take you several minutes to get from your room to the grill area.

Doing a quick finger measurement on Google Maps, it looks like it is about the same distance as the turnstyles of Animal Kingdom park to Expedition Everest.

Thank you all. I guess we will leave it to the decision of "the grillers." The men in the family ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter