Kudos to Craig! And a request…..

wiihoo888

DIS Veteran
Craig…first of all, thank you for all of your work this week. Your coverage of the new shows was soooo much better than any other outlet out there. The jumpiness in other videos just took away from the magic in all of the shows. You have a gift, and don’t think for a minute that it gets lost on any of us!

So…to my request. Can you do a shot showing all of Main St along with Enchantment? I know it can’t possibly show every projection that is there, and that’s okay. I have just been getting seasick watching every other videographer trying to capture what is happening on Main St while the main show is going on at the castle. A straight shot down, maybe from up at the train station will work…but then again, I don’t know. You’ll probably know the best place to just capture the colors and movement that goes along with the show.

This can totally wait until after you actually get some rest. Like, lots of rest. And you totally don’t even need to do it. Just a request from my couch sitting celebration up here in Maryland.

Thanks again for all you do… to Craig and all of DIS crew😀❤️

Honestly Disney just needs to do away with their live firework shows because they don't do themselves any favors. I hated both shows watching Disney’s coverage and then watching Craig's I liked them so much better. Granted I'm still not sold on Enchantment and hope that changes when I see it in person. HEA was just the perfect show. Projections were great, song choice and story were great and I got emotional every time I saw it live.

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig already has coverage of the main st projections from last night. The poor guy had to have been up for well over 24 hrs.

Craig…first of all, thank you for all of your work this week. Your coverage of the new shows was soooo much better than any other outlet out there. The jumpiness in other videos just took away from the magic in all of the shows. You have a gift, and don’t think for a minute that it gets lost on any of us!

So…to my request. Can you do a shot showing all of Main St along with Enchantment? I know it can’t possibly show every projection that is there, and that’s okay. I have just been getting seasick watching every other videographer trying to capture what is happening on Main St while the main show is going on at the castle. A straight shot down, maybe from up at the train station will work…but then again, I don’t know. You’ll probably know the best place to just capture the colors and movement that goes along with the show.

This can totally wait until after you actually get some rest. Like, lots of rest. And you totally don’t even need to do it. Just a request from my couch sitting celebration up here in Maryland.

Thanks again for all you do… to Craig and all of DIS crew😀
I could not agree more!!

For a company that makes amazing movies it baffles me that they put out such terrible videos of their nighttime shows. The constant camera angle changes are so off putting, and you do not get a true sense of what the entire experience is like. They probably spend thousands upon thousands of dollars putting them together and yet Craig's videos always put them to shame.

I agree with the previous poster that after watching Craig's videos I don't hate Bargemonious (thank you Rhino - it will always be Bargemonious to me) and Enchantment as much as I did after watching Disney's live streams. I'm still not in love with them, and miss the emotional connection I've had with previous shows, but can appreciate that visually they are nice - which was completely lost in the Disney live streams.

I also agree with the OP that a video shot from Main Street showing the projections there would be nice as well. I'm glad he didn't try to do that on the first night, though. The videos taken from there don't really show the castle projections very well, but as a complementary video it would be interesting. But no rush, Craig. You deserve a break!!

Agreeing with all of the above, I also think that anyone who felt sorely underwhelmed after watching the Disney live streams of Har(Barge)monious and Enchantment should reserve judgement until they watch Craig's video versions which were so much better! I enjoyed Enchantment much more when I watched Craig's version.

Har(Barge)monious is such a wide format show with the taco screen things out to the side of the big eyeball screen. Recording it in a standard square-ish aspect ratio makes it difficult (for me) to make out the details of the projections. If there were some sort of wide screen / landscape video it might be much more enjoyable to watch. Same for Enchantment with regard to the Main Street projections. (Note that technically I have no idea what I'm talking about...) Makes me wonder if I'll like both shows better in person.

As for the Kites... Lawd have mercy! SMH.

Thanks again for all you do… to Craig and all of DIS crew😀

not Craig but I think this is what you're looking for.

Where exactly is Craig's filming spot in Magic Kingdom? Or is it a secret?
There never seems to be people standing in front of that camera. :)

Where exactly is Craig's filming spot in Magic Kingdom? Or is it a secret?
There never seems to be people standing in front of that camera. :)

It's in the hub, on the path between the two firework viewing party areas. I personally like to stand a little closer to the castle but it's tough to film the whole show from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter