Kungaloosh Gone Forever :( :(

I can't believe PI is closing!! I can understand why though, which seems to be the common thinking right now. I have so many memories from there, but the by far majority of them are from almost 10 years plus! I have some more recent ones, but it's just not a place we visit much anymore.

Except for of course, Raglan Road, which means we'll still be visiting the "old" (although really "new") Pleasure Island when we go there...lol.. Although this now means that one of our favorites, Raglan Road, is probably going to get a lot busier in the next few years.

I knew it was the end of the road for PI when they decided to shut down the beach club. There just aren't enough offerings there anymore, they signaled the end of PI when they went from ONLY allowing adults in past 8 PM to allowing anyone to walk around PI. No one wants to sit there and be pounding shots with 8 year olds around (although I guess we do that at Epcot all the time...lol). No more fireworks, it just felt like a throwback from the 90's (which is when I spent most of my time there, and when PI was at it's peak).

When I was in college in Tampa, people used to make road trips all the time just to go to Pleasure Island (about a one hour ride from Tampa). That's saying a lot, and I don't think there still are that many people making road trips just for PI.

I'm sad to see it go, but I'm also excited to see what it's going to be replaced with. It definitely needs something other than Pleasure Island there. I love walking from one place to the other in Downtown Disney (we'll be there this Thursday night, woohoo!!), and you know there are going to be tons of new stores and restaurants to try out, should be great.

P.S. Although I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they keep the Jessica Rabbit neon light thing up, that would be a shame if that went away.

You'd think they'd at least find a way to set up a Kungaloosh Bar somewhere in the meantime...maybe over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas?

Sue in Texas

There is no need for a Kungaloosh bar elsewhere on property. That is why I have been promoting the recipe. As long as I, or one of my devotees, am camping at FW, there will be a Kungaloosh bar on property.

PM tri circle D if you need any tips! :lmao: He is the master of disney investigative reporting.

no need, i am here, and he is not! i will use my woman powers or throw one of my many pills from my portable pharmacy at them to get them to talk!;)

P.S. Although I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they keep the Jessica Rabbit neon light thing up, that would be a shame if that went away.

If it goes on ebay....I'll sell my mother for it!!!

Yup...I loves me sum Jess!!!

I wore my Jessica Rabbit "Patty Cake Lounge" bowling shirt for the first time in many years the other night!!! Its nice to try on my old clothes and have them fit again!!!

Yup...I loves me sum Jess!!!

I wore my Jessica Rabbit "Patty Cake Lounge" bowling shirt for the first time in many years the other night!!! Its nice to try on my old clothes and have them fit again!!!

I have a Davey Allison T-shirt that I only wear on special occasions or formal events.

Jessica Rabbit is already gone!!!

She is!?!?!?!?!? Since when?!?!?!? I know she was there back in February or something like that, whenever our last trip was, did they take her down recently, I don't remember seeing the news!!! NOOO!!!!

Hey, aren't the ticket booths train cars form FTW? We can always dream about them being returned to the Fort and put back into service...as Kungaloosh bars!

I can tell you where the Kungaloosh is going tonight. Right down Mine and AuburnJen's hubby's and mines belly lol. As usual Stacktester had to drop something. I went and got all the ingredients this morning and the brandy fell out the back door when I went to take the stuff out. Oh well Chris is getting more so not a problem. We're getting things warmed up shall we say. Nobody stop by though, we're only making a few batches for testing lol.

Nobody stop by though, we're only making a few batches for testing lol.

That's like saying ignore this thread!!!!

I'm still 650 miles and 36 hours away, so I'll just have to wait :headache:

I can tell you where the Kungaloosh is going tonight. Right down Mine and AuburnJen's hubby's and mines belly lol. As usual Stacktester had to drop something. I went and got all the ingredients this morning and the brandy fell out the back door when I went to take the stuff out. Oh well Chris is getting more so not a problem. We're getting things warmed up shall we say. Nobody stop by though, we're only making a few batches for testing lol.

AAAhhhh...I wish we were there to share a drink with you guys! Have a great time!! Long live Kungaloosh!! haha

Just let me know if you need more kungaloosh supplies for Saturday night. I can pick them up & bring with me when I come over. We'll get there between 7 & 7:30.

I will call you and let you know if Donnie and Chris drink all the supplies "testing" batches before you get here!:lmao:

Hey, aren't the ticket booths train cars form FTW? We can always dream about them being returned to the Fort and put back into service...as Kungaloosh bars!

Hate to break this to you, but those ticket booths haven't been the recycled FW train cars for many years. They were replaced with these fiberglass imitation things a long time ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter