L&M Car Rental Hesitation

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
I have rented a mini-van through L&M rental cars in Orlando for 1 week in June for a cost of $199 (before taxes and fees). I thought this was a really good deal, until I saw the same van for $129 at Orbitz a week later. However, when I try to book at that rate I am told that the rate is sold out and am offered the $199 rate. It has been this way for nearly a week now, and I feel that the whole set-up is kind of unscrupulous. Is it safe to rent from L&M? Any suggestions on how I could book that $129 advertised rate?

I don't know what to say.

There have been sporadic instances reported on this forum where L&M simply refused to honor reservations when people arrived at the rental counter, while offering to rent the same car at a higher rate.

I have felt more confident renting from nationwide rental companies. This is partly because I suppose I can resolve problems after I get back home (assuming the company has an outlet near me), while with a local company, things have to be resolved in their locale, i.e. in or near Orlando in this case. My own limited experience with local rental companies has been worse than with nationwide companies.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

It's not too much unlike Disney. They offered a special through Orbitz on a limited amount of reservations. When sold out, back to regular price.

Disney - limited rooms available with certain codes.

I have rented from L & M on three occasions, the most recent being two days ago and have been very satisfied. The first rental (about 2 yrs ago) I had a problem with the vehicle, they drove a brand new minivan to Lake Buena Vista for me so I didn't have to return to the airport. Very responsive, very professional, would rent from them again in a heartbeat. I also have to say that their counter personnel were far nicer than those at National EA. Long story, but again, was very pleased with L & M>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter