L & M Car Rental Question

Baseballmom40

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any experience with L & M Car Rental? Are they reliable? Any problems? My 71 year old parents are going down to Orlando in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to find them a good deal on a car rental and L & M's seems to be the best. However, my parents are NOT seasoned travellers - this is their first time renting a car. I don't want them to have any problems. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

I just rented from L&M in Orlando. I didn't have any real problem, but make sure you ask when you make a reservation exactly what fees, taxes, etc are going to be added to the rental rate. I had a reservation for a compact for $ 18.99 a night. Not bad. Then when we got there, we were offered a midsize for $5 more per night. I took it. We needed two carseats- of course you won't have that issue- but that ended up costing an additional $10 a day. Of course we bought the insurance, and then there are other fees and taxes. So my $80 ($120 with carseats- $140 with my upgrade) ended up costing me well over $250.00. I don't think it's necessarily an L&M problem, it would probably happen at any car rental agency. Just keep it mind. Also make sure you check for damage in and out of the car before you take it. We went over the outside of the car with the guy, it looked fine so we left. 10 miles later I noticed a big cigarette burn on the ceiling. We pointed it out when we returned it and they didn't charge us for it, thankfully. Next time I'll just use the Mears shuttle! :) We stayed on property and really only used the car to and from the airport.

I agree with Daisies500 about the price going up considerably when actually renting.
We rented a mid-sized for 6 days. The initial cost was 94.00. We added my sister as a driver (extra 5.00 a day- but had she been a spouse, there would not have been this extra charge).
The total with tax went from 94.00 to 168.09. Yikes.

Also, I was not impressed with the car we rented. Seemed kind of worn and did not smell very good. Also, there was a scratch on the windshield, which fortunately, we did see before driving away.

On the up side, it was very convienent. The actual car agreement stuff was on the ground floor of the terminal, and the cars were picked up in the gargae directly across from the terminal. I don't think I would use them again. But that's just me.

My 71 year old parents are going down to Orlando in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to find them a good deal on a car rental

If all they will be using the car for is to get to WDW and back to the Airport,Why not use a towncar service?? They will pick-up them up in luggage area,take care of carrying the luggage to the car,some will even stop for a grocery stop,then drop them at their hotel,then a week later return to pick them up and take them to the airport. All for $89. round trip!!

On the Transportation Board they will have all the latest details check here
http://198.65.131.237/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&forumid=16&x=17&y=8

Any more L&M Car Rental observations/tips/warnings?

I have already heard one: be sure you bring proof of insurance or you will have to buy theirs.

I didn't have to show proof of insurance. It's the car that needs insuring, and the liability is, I believe, optional and we took it. Maybe I was tricked.....I mean, that bill was really high.

If your car insurance (at home) has coverage for rental vehicles, then you don't have to buy the rental car insurance policy. That is why you would bring proof of insurance with you. -HM

I had brought proof of insurance. I declined their offer for insurance, and they did not ask to see the proof that I had it. Go figure.

I just got back. I rented from L&M. No problems. I didn't get any extras, no car seats, no extra drivers, no extra insurance and no high pressure. The rate was exactly what I expected. I paid $123 total for 8 days for an economy car. The car had less that 5000 miles, was clean and served me well.

Another happy L & M renter. I booked online and got a full size for $123 total, I declined insurance and any extras except what was required. I thought our car looked a little worn inside, but it smelled fine (no smoke) . It was a mitsubishi galant and although the price was great, i feel it doesn't really qualify for a full size vehicle. Other than that, it worked out great. No line at counter or returning in the garage. They never asked for proof of insurance either, but i had it just in case. We will use them again if they're competitive.

Just got back from our Orlando week+ with L&M. I was really happy with the car and the whole experience. No insurance hassle, and the price was unbeatable. Not even Priceline could come close!

I asked for their lowest-mileage minivan and received a Kia Sedona with 660 miles. I had never even seen one of these before, but was really happy with it. With all the Caravans and Windstars in the parking lots at WDW, ours was the only Kia!

Finally, I was happy that we didn't have to take a van off-terminal to get or drop off the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter