La2kw's July dining report with pictures.

Thanks for the great pics. For me, I appreciate the LTT pics and advise. We are eating there for the 1st time in Oct. - for lunch. (my kids don't like Character Meals)

You are making my hungry will all those great pics.

I refuse to eat McDonalds at WDW. I have a VERY picky DS 8 and I do let him eat there but no one else !!! (we can have that at home for goodness sake)

thanks for posting LTT never appealed to me but maybe we'll give it a try

oh - and the pastries looked yummy!

La2kw said:
We (myself, DW, DS, DD) spent 15 nights at WDW in a one bedroom unit at OKW. We are DVC members and stayed on points. We are also very experienced visitors to WDW and Disneyland. We did not do the dining plan, as we have never spent as much on food as the dining plan would have cost us. We do have the DDE and used it quite often, saving quite a bit of money. This trip, we spent an average of about $100/day on food, including the groceries we bought. The dining plan would have cost us $152/day. We had a full kitchen at OKW and had breakfast each day in the room, so I did not mention breakfasts in the dining report. Breakfast was mainly yogurt, toast, bagels, eggs, fruit, and cereal. We went to the water parks three times and took a picnic lunch with us each time. We also ate off site a couple times, once at Romano’s Macaroni Grill, and another time at Chili’s. My teenagers spent a few evenings in the room and ate leftovers instead of joining DW and I for dinner. The groceries and the dining off site was by choice, not to save money. Spending 15 days eating nothing but Disney food is not a good idea, especially since the quality has seriously declined in recent years, IMO.

7/2/06 We arrived at MCO at 3:15 pm. Using Disney's (un)Magical Express, we finally go into our room about 6pm. Check in at OKW was 30 minutes long, but that's another thread. We dropped off our carry on luggage, spruced up from the flight, and headed out to our first park. Our first meal at WDW was dinner at Columbia Harbor House in the MK.

347777354%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323549829375ot1lsi

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bread, and the Garden Galley Salad - mixed greens with chicken, pecans, pineapple and feta cheese with the dressing on the side. DS had Captain's Special - Fried Chicken Strips and Fish - Served with choice of French Fries or Carrots and DD had Fried Chicken Strips - Served with choice of either French Fries or Carrots. Didn't get pictures of those. CHH used to have a decent apple pie here for dessert, but now serve a packaged chocolate cake instead. We were disappointed to see this, but it appears to be due to the DDP, since that packaged chocolate cake is cheaper than slicing and plating a real apple pie. :sad2:

7/3/06 We woke up around 10am, suffering from jet lag (still on California time) and dragged ourselves to DD in time for DQ’s 11:30am opening time. We played Pirates of the Caribbean twice, then headed to Foodquest for lunch, since we were starved and hadn’t eaten any breakfast yet.

347777354%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323546%3C455%3C5ot1lsi

Garlic rolls with marinara, and a garden salad with blue cheese dressing.

347777354%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323546%3C46895ot1lsi

Grilled Chicken Panini - sweet onion jam, watercress, rosemary garlic sauce.

347777354%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323546%3C46898ot1lsi

Italian Panini - Assorted meats, cheese, roasted red pepper and balsamic dressing.

347777439%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E232354982%3C283ot1lsi

We also ordered a whole cheese pizza, This was plenty of food to share, and we even took home half a pizza, which DD and DS ate for a snack and for breakfast the next day. Food was good as usual, and we also get a 10% DVC discount. They will also give DDE members a 10% discount, so don’t hesitate to ask for it if you have the DDE card. After DQ, we rented a car and bought some groceries for breakfasts in the room, picnic lunches at the water parks, and two quick dinners in the room as a break from all the dining out.

For dinner, we went to Epcot.

347777439%7Ffp68%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323546%3C54632ot1lsi

We shared some fish and chips from Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe in UK...

347777439%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323546%3C56456ot1lsi

and a lamb Schwarma platter from Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. DD and DS also shared a kid’s hamburger meal from Tangierine Cafe.

HOW DID YOU GET COUNTER SERVICE FOOD FROM DIFFERENT PLACES LIKE WHERE DID YOU EAT IT ALL AT DID YOU MOVE TO ONE LOCATION TO EAT UP??

lovemickeyshouse said:
HOW DID YOU GET COUNTER SERVICE FOOD FROM DIFFERENT PLACES LIKE WHERE DID YOU EAT IT ALL AT DID YOU MOVE TO ONE LOCATION TO EAT UP??

No need to shout!
We ate at one place, and continued onto the next country and ate a little there, then continued on to the next country.

its not that i see caps as shoutin i think it don't matter if you write in all caps and get people's attention in caps not shoutin in my opinion sorry

Great reviews - love the pictures :)

lovemickeyshouse said:
its not that i see caps as shoutin i think it don't matter if you write in all caps and get people's attention in caps not shoutin in my opinion sorry

Netiquette lesson of the day:

From Wikipedia:

Use on the internet

This form of typography also appears in on-line forums. It was once an inevitable byproduct of using machines with limited support for lowercase text (such as certain "dumb" terminals, early Apple II models), but as full support of ASCII became standard, it became solely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behaviour.

Because the use of all capital letters are supposed to be used for shouting , posting a forum message entirely in caps is a sign that the poster is a newbie or a troll. Since the beginning of America Online, ALL CAPS has commonly been associated with AOL users. More experienced users will sometimes jocularly use all-caps and misspelled phrases to make fun of newbies or use the saying "caps lock is cruise control for cool."

Netiquette prohibits the use of all caps as a form of shouting however this does not hold true as in technical writing when single word caps is common to emphisize a point or to gain the readers attention also common is the use of bold or italicized words in the same context. This form of emphasis is also used in posts, blogs and email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter