Labor Day Weekend, a labor of love?

I'm subbing! Great PTR so far! Can't wait to read more!
:yay: I am so excited! Going through, you probably noticed I don't have a bunch of people reading a long (or at least not posting that they are)

I love your trip binder! So cute! Plus, I love that you made it small. That was my one worry of making one was having to lug around this huge binder. Yours seems perfect to tote around the parks.

Thank you! That was my goal..making it small enough to have with me. I have had larger binders, but I always have to take sections out to go with me to the parks. This one should be pretty resilient too since it is plastic. I still have to work on the inside. The cards that will slip into the pockets will be approximately 4" X 10". Once I make the touring plans, they will go onto the cards. I still need to tweak the outside a bit. I need a velcro closure so that the ribbon will become more decoration. It was super easy to make. I just hope it works as well as I am hoping it will.

Updating the ADRs

9/1 8:40pm Ohana

9/2 3:10pm Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic Package.

9/3 7:50pm Coral Reef

9/4 2:00pm Tusker House for the Finding Nemo Package

9/5 5:00pm Boatwrights

9/6 5:05pm Kona Cafe'

9/7 2:00pm Le Cellier

9/8 8:15am Donald Safari Breakfast at Tusker House

I doubt that these will change now. I think I am pretty happy and excited about them. The only ones I think are weird times are the ones that have to be. Mama melrose and Tusker for the show packages and then Le Cellier cause there are NO other times for that.

Hi! I just "found" your pre-trip report! ...... and I am in!

Love your planning and esp. the binder! ;) ......... and your DDs are just beautiful! :goodvibes

Hi! I just "found" your pre-trip report! ...... and I am in!

Love your planning and esp. the binder! ;) ......... and your DDs are just beautiful! :goodvibes

:yay: Thanks so much for joining in! Hopefully I don't bore you to tears.

Thank you so much for the compliments. :goodvibes I love my girls. (love my boys too. it is just that the boys don't share our Disney enthusiasm)

As for the binder...thanks! I think it is coming along nicely. I just hope it holds up and is as practical in use as I think it is going to be.

Purchase update #2

Kira and I were out and about yesterday and came across some cute tank tops. Normally, I am not a big tank top person. I mean, I might wear them under things...but not alone or even layers. Given the time we are going, I think this will be one of the times it is necessary to go sleeveless. So we each got a tank.

This is mine (you can't tell by the picture, but the "tink" letters sparkle as do outlines on the butterflies and of course the pixie dust)...
IMG_0948-1.jpg

This is Kira's...
IMG_0949-1.jpg

The next store we were at had swim goggles. I doubt Zoe is really going to use them. She hates to get any part of her face wet, but they were only a few $$ so I thought why not. It wasn't on my list of things to watch for, but I kinda of knew that the list would grow.

As you see, the suit and the googles work wonderfuly together!
IMG_0947.jpg

:thumbsup2 Your shopping trip seems to have been a very successful one! I LOVE all the shirts you got and the outfit for little Zoe is just adoreable! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Your shopping trip seems to have been a very successful one! I LOVE all the shirts you got and the outfit for little Zoe is just adoreable! :goodvibes

Thank you. I wasn't going to post pictures for everything, but then...;) I saw someone else use pictures to make their PTR so wonderful I thought I should follow her example. :rolleyes1

The other thing about this purchase that made it great...it all came to less than $10. :woohoo: Well, not including the swim suit. Just yesterdays trip.

Thank you. I wasn't going to post pictures for everything, but then...;) I saw someone else use pictures to make their PTR so wonderful I thought I should follow her example. :rolleyes1

The other thing about this purchase that made it great...it all came to less than $10. :woohoo:

That's my kind of shopping!!! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Am I Crazy?

Among my friends, I only have one other who truly adores Disney. She however has never been to WDW, only DL. I have another dear friend who has gone, but it really isn't her or her family's "thing".

So today I am left feeling as though I am crazy.

Friend #1 has been contemplating a WDW trip. She calls to ask advice, etc. She isn't quite sure how it all works. (the booking of the trip, adrs, base ticket vs. park hopper...etc) I am excited to help. Her dates would even overlap mine.:cool1: Problem is when all of it is coming together she begins to feel as though she can just do way better going to DL, staying at a good neighbor hotel there. I know when she goes to DL, she gets food to make in the hotel room and eats on the cheap...minimal dinning out. I want to tell her that we are not comparing apples to apples here. So I am left feeling a bit like I am crazy for being so enthusiastic about WDW, and specifically the DDP. The WDW restaurants are some of my favorites ANYWHERE and having the option to eat anything on the menu is THE best for me since I would choose the cheapest otherwise.

So on to friend #2, who isn't thrilled by disney. I tell her how I am feeling. She is supportive to the point of saying that what works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another. However she goes on and reinforces my "crazy" feeling. She tells me how when they go they prefer to go cheaper and stay in a two bedroom home with a kitchen. Crazy me thinks...wait, I did that one year. We still ate one meal out here and there plus bought groceries, plus paid for gas, plus paid for parking, plus paid for rental car. It was one of our most expensive trips to WDW.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. friend #2 is right that not every vacation works the same way for every family. This is one reason I do love disney so much. You can truly make it what ever you want it to be. It can be all about the rides, the food, the shows, the hotel...etc. So much to see and do. I just tend to think it is among the most cost effective vacations when you stay on site and use the dinning plan. Neither of my friends would agree...:sad2:

So, am I crazy?

Am I Crazy?

Among my friends, I only have one other who truly adores Disney. She however has never been to WDW, only DL. I have another dear friend who has gone, but it really isn't her or her family's "thing".

Friend #1 has been contemplating a WDW trip. She calls to ask advice, etc. She isn't quite sure how it all works. (the booking of the trip, adrs, base ticket vs. park hopper...etc) I am excited to help. Her dates would even overlap mine.:cool1: Problem is when all of it is coming together she begins to feel as though she can just do way better going to DL, staying at a good neighbor hotel there. I know when she goes to DL, she gets food to make in the hotel room and eats on the cheap...minimal dinning out. I want to tell her that we are not comparing apples to apples here. So I am left feeling a bit like I am crazy for being so enthusiastic about WDW, and specifically the DDP. The WDW restaurants are some of my favorites ANYWHERE and having the option to eat anything on the menu is THE best for me since I would choose the cheapest otherwise.

So on to friend #2, who isn't thrilled by disney. I tell her how I am feeling. She is supportive to the point of saying that what works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another. However she goes on and reinforces my "crazy" feeling. She tells me how when they go they prefer to go cheaper and stay in a two bedroom home with a kitchen. Crazy me thinks...wait, I did that one year. We still ate one meal out here and there plus bought groceries, plus paid for gas, plus paid for parking, plus paid for rental car. It was one of our most expensive trips to WDW.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. friend #2 is right that not every vacation works the same way for every family. This is one reason I do love disney so much. You can truly make it what ever you want it to be. It can be all about the rides, the food, the shows, the hotel...etc. So much to see and do. I just tend to think it is among the most cost effective vacations when you stay on site and use the dinning plan. Neither of my friends would agree...:sad2:

So, am I crazy?

Hi Ann Marie - no I do not think you are crazy!! I just think you have done your research thoroughly and have determined what type of vacation works best for you. Most people who have never been or aren't "into" it as much probably just don't know the way the package works. When you stay off site, you have to factor in costs of airport transfers, car rental, parking, and other unforseen costs. Since Disney tends to package it altogether, it allows you to realize the cost upfront, so some people may think it's more expensive to stay on property just by looking at the upfront costs, but it could totally be the otherway around once you start factoring in all the onforseen expenses of staying offsite. So cheers to us for being so diligent in planning our vacations (and also for going during free dining)!! :yay:

BTW, LOVE all your planning so far! The binder is super cute, and I think your tank tops are one heck of a deal! The pink swimsuit and goggles are adorable!
That is great you were able to get Ohana for viewing Wishes. I have never done it so I am curious as well and super excited to go! :cloud9:

Since Disney tends to package it altogether, it allows you to realize the cost upfront, so some people may think it's more expensive to stay on property just by looking at the upfront costs, but it could totally be the otherway around once you start factoring in all the onforseen expenses of staying offsite. So cheers to us for being so diligent in planning our vacations (and also for going during free dining)!! :yay:

Thanks so much. Feeling better today. Friend #1 understands that Disney packages are loaded up front. I think it is what enabled her to see that she wants to wait. For me, I like knowing that this is my cost. I am not a huge souvenir person, so tipping is my largest expense once on vacation. Funny though, friend #2 still swears that Dinsey has hidden costs. :rolleyes: Oh well... I will just enjoy my trip.

BTW, LOVE all your planning so far! The binder is super cute, and I think your tank tops are one heck of a deal! The pink swimsuit and goggles are adorable!
That is great you were able to get Ohana for viewing Wishes. I have never done it so I am curious as well and super excited to go! :cloud9:

I was happy with the tanks...course, once I washed the tink one the glitter came off. :sad2: Not all of it, but most of it. It is still cute though... and they both held their shape and size, which is what I worried about since they are cotton.

As for Ohana....I am not sure how it will work. I know Wishes is at 9pm. Our ADR is for 8:40. I am not sure if I have to do something special to get Wishes viewing...or if we just have to be lucky enough to get a window table. Even if we don't get a view, from what I understand, the music will be piped in and we should be eating at the time it does that. At least this is my thought... If not, I will still be happy to enjoy the food. It will have been a very long day for us. (we will have to be at the airport around 7am pst) Most of the day we will not have a chance to really eat, so I am sure we will be starving. Ohana is not buffet, but all you can eat? I am excited! :dance3:

Less than 90 days

To try and curb my enthusiasm, since planning this trip, I have been telling family and friends it is a quarter of a year away. Why "curb my enthusiasm"?

At some point, I want my dh to go back with me to WDW. He needs a break from it...a serious break. Since our first trip to DL, that is mostly what we have done...Disney. He would like to do a trip to Hawaii, Mexico...anywhere, but Disney. Fact is, he loves it nearly as much as I do. Fact is though, he is terribly stubborn. The more I would push at this point, and the more likely he would be to say NEVER again. He is happy that I am going with the girls and my mom, but he really doesn't want to be inundated with "and we are doing this, and I am thinking this about...". So I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum for him.

I also have a friend who would like to go and I feel guilty that I am going again, and she is not.:guilty: I do secretly hope she will go, and she came close a couple days ago to booking a trip...but then backed out. So I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum for her.

I have a friend who goes to a variety of places. She rarely travels to the same place. Disney in her mind is something you do once because you have to for the kids. So, for her, I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum.

Then there is me, I am so darn excited I might explode. :rotfl: I really missed Kira on our February trip. She does so much to help make Disney perfect. Instead of it being just me tending to everyone else, it is her helping me to tend to everyone else. I am very lucky to have her as my dd. I can't wait to see WDW through my mother's eyes. It has been so rare for her to do something that is just frivolous fun. I just think this is going to be, for me, one of the best trips to WDW yet. With that thought, I have to not totally obsess. For me, obsessing is easy to do. So for me and my sanity during the wait, I keep my enthusiasm at a minimum.

But now we are no longer a quarter of a year away...we are LESS THAN 90 DAYS!!!! :yay:

It is going to be hard to not get more and more excited as the days go by.

Less than 90 days

To try and curb my enthusiasm, since planning this trip, I have been telling family and friends it is a quarter of a year away. Why "curb my enthusiasm"?

At some point, I want my dh to go back with me to WDW. He needs a break from it...a serious break. Since our first trip to DL, that is mostly what we have done...Disney. He would like to do a trip to Hawaii, Mexico...anywhere, but Disney. Fact is, he loves it nearly as much as I do. Fact is though, he is terribly stubborn. The more I would push at this point, and the more likely he would be to say NEVER again. He is happy that I am going with the girls and my mom, but he really doesn't want to be inundated with "and we are doing this, and I am thinking this about...". So I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum for him.

Your DH may be happy to know that there is a new Disney resort opening in Hawaii, on Oahu called Aulani. It's soft opening is Fall 2011 I believe, and it's supposed to be amazing. I really hope to go one day, and it looks like it blends both the wonderful Hawaiian atmosphere with Disney touches. It's like the best of both worlds! Obviously there will be no theme park, but there will be water slides and such. It looks like it's going to be priced like a deluxe resort, but then again Hawaii isn't exactly cheap to begin with. Article here.

But now we are no longer a quarter of a year away...we are LESS THAN 90 DAYS!!!! :yay:

Yay yay yay! I can't wait either!! Writing the PTR makes the wait (barely) bearable! LOL

Your DH may be happy to know that there is a new Disney resort opening in Hawaii, on Oahu called Aulani. It's soft opening is Fall 2011 I believe, and it's supposed to be amazing. I really hope to go one day, and it looks like it blends both the wonderful Hawaiian atmosphere with Disney touches. It's like the best of both worlds! Obviously there will be no theme park, but there will be water slides and such. It looks like it's going to be priced like a deluxe resort, but then again Hawaii isn't exactly cheap to begin with. Article here.

I had heard about this, and I did mention it too him. He didn't have quite the happy response I had hoped for. If he wants Disney, then he will go to there... bla bla bla. :rolleyes: Secretly, this would be MY plan if and when we go to Hawaii. :rolleyes1

Yay yay yay! I can't wait either!! Writing the PTR makes the wait (barely) bearable! LOL

Just barely!!! :rotfl:

Purchase update #2

Kira and I were out and about yesterday and came across some cute tank tops. Normally, I am not a big tank top person. I mean, I might wear them under things...but not alone or even layers. Given the time we are going, I think this will be one of the times it is necessary to go sleeveless. So we each got a tank.

This is mine (you can't tell by the picture, but the "tink" letters sparkle as do outlines on the butterflies and of course the pixie dust)...
IMG_0948-1.jpg

This is Kira's...
IMG_0949-1.jpg

The next store we were at had swim goggles. I doubt Zoe is really going to use them. She hates to get any part of her face wet, but they were only a few $$ so I thought why not. It wasn't on my list of things to watch for, but I kinda of knew that the list would grow.

As you see, the suit and the googles work wonderfuly together!
IMG_0947.jpg

Cute tanks and adorable bathing suit! I love how the bathing suit and the goggles match so well. I am the same as you. I have the list of stuff I know I need to get but then I see other stuff and think I need that too and it's on sale, so then I get it.

Am I Crazy?

So, am I crazy?

I don't think you're crazy at all. I am one of the ones who feels like WDW works for me because of being able to pay for most of everything up front including food. If I stayed offsite, we would end up buying too much food that we don't need and staying in a larger place than we would need. Plus, anytime I have stayed offsite, I've been more exhausted than I went I stayed onsite. I am always telling my friends and family members how great I think WDW is and how easy it is to book a vacation with them plus being able to make payments vs. paying everything all at once. I do agree that not every vacation works for every family. But when it comes to family vacations, WDW is definitely one of the best choices and offers a lot of variety on the type of vacation you can have, whether it be value, moderate or deluxe accommodations and QS, TS or Signature restaurants.

Cute tanks and adorable bathing suit! I love how the bathing suit and the goggles match so well. I am the same as you. I have the list of stuff I know I need to get but then I see other stuff and think I need that too and it's on sale, so then I get it.

:laughing: I am so bad about it. I am worse prior to a trip buying trinkets or stuff for us to use than I am actually buying stuff while there. I almost never come home with shirts from the park, but before I leave I usually buy a couple. Oddly enough though, I still browse through all the shops while there.

As for the things I Need for the trip, well I usually pick those up closer to the end. It is the "fun" stuff that I gravitate toward now. :rolleyes:

Less than 90 days

I also have a friend who would like to go and I feel guilty that I am going again, and she is not.:guilty: I do secretly hope she will go, and she came close a couple days ago to booking a trip...but then backed out. So I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum for her.

I have a friend who goes to a variety of places. She rarely travels to the same place. Disney in her mind is something you do once because you have to for the kids. So, for her, I keep my enthusiasm to a minimum.

Then there is me, I am so darn excited I might explode. :rotfl: I really missed Kira on our February trip. She does so much to help make Disney perfect. Instead of it being just me tending to everyone else, it is her helping me to tend to everyone else. I am very lucky to have her as my dd. I can't wait to see WDW through my mother's eyes. It has been so rare for her to do something that is just frivolous fun. I just think this is going to be, for me, one of the best trips to WDW yet. With that thought, I have to not totally obsess. For me, obsessing is easy to do. So for me and my sanity during the wait, I keep my enthusiasm at a minimum.

I know how you feel. I have been trying to curb my enthusiam as well, especially considering I booked this trip back in October with 200 & some days to go. We now only have 73 days to go. My ticker is actually off by two days because I refused to update it when I added the day when FD was released. Then I realized we are leaving town 1 day earlier than the day we actually get there and I didn't factor that in either. But if I update the ticker it sends Mickey back the very beginning and I don't want that either. It'll feel like I'm back at the beginning again...lol.

anytime I have stayed offsite, I've been more exhausted than I went I stayed onsite.

I had not even brought up this point! You are right. When we have stayed off site, even though the place was perhaps more "comfortable" (ie. bed and space) I have had to drive and figure out breakfast and get everyone out to the car. It is exhausting. I tried to have a plan of where to eat and such, but... with 4 kids and a husband it is like herding cats. :confused3 It is just so much easier to know where when and how much. This last trip, I could let my boys go and tell them where to meet us for lunch or dinner. I didn't have to make sure we all left together to get to the park together to get to eat together.

Thanks for just one more reason I had not remembered!!!!

I know how you feel. I have been trying to curb my enthusiam as well, especially considering I booked this trip back in October with 200 & some days to go. We now only have 73 days to go. My ticker is actually off by two days because I refused to update it when I added the day when FD was released. Then I realized we are leaving town 1 day earlier than the day we actually get there and I didn't factor that in either. But if I update the ticker it sends Mickey back the very beginning and I don't want that either. It'll feel like I'm back at the beginning again...lol.

I hadn't even thought of that. I put in a new ticker yesterday...and the slider is all the way at the start. Oh well, maybe it will move fast? :)

So you booked a year in advance? :worship: I am not sure I could take the excitement for that long. I hope to..at some point. I really am hoping that I can get dh to go again. When I do, I hope to book a year in advance. I had never done past 45 before and this was SO nice. You just put down your $200 deposit and here and there the balance goes down. Much nicer than coming up with it all at once..or putting it on a cc. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter