Lack of FP+ options

Just adding to the post-FP day was Sunday for a 60 day out trip. Short, 4 night trip. We go to Disney once or twice a year so know the FP system very well. The last few years we have gone in the peak of summer and even with short trips the last few years (we always go 3-5 nights and stay on property), I have been able to get FP for the headliners, mostly in the morning, except FOP and SDD which I got for afternoon last year.
This past Sunday I was on right at 7 AM and had similar experiences to most on this board. No FOP-in fact for my AK day, the earliest I could get EE and Safari was early afternoon. In years past, I could line up AK FP starting at 9am (except FOP). No Mine Train at all, on any of the days (in previous years, it has always been available-even for short trips, starting around 12 or 1pm) and no Big Thunder. For HS, no SDD, Mickey, Star Wars and the earliest Rockin Rollercoaster was early evening.
So-just sharing a similar experience.

I don’t have a June trip scheduled but for my May trip it was almost as difficult to get FP and the ones I did were odd times. But I was able to keep a close eye on my plans and modify several FP to ‘tighten up’ my plans. So my advice is to keep checking and modifying when possible. My guess is all who are on this thread are pretty good at that already!!!

I am the same as the few above. this morning was start of FP. terrible. Definitely have lowered drastically the amount of fp's available for sure!
6/14 - 6/20. onsite so 60 days out
ALL RIDES and SHOWS has MUCH more limitations and availability than everything i have read what should be available so I will just highlight some of the main top rides experience this morning. 7AM sharp:
HS - ALL 3 TIER 1 RIDES - NONE AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+6
MK - 7DMT - NONE AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+5 (ALL THE MOUNTAIN RIDES SEVERELY LIMITED ON TIMES EVERYTHING THROUGH 60+3)
AK - FOP - 1 SPOT WAS LEFT FOR LATE AFTERNOON 60+5. NOTHING BEFORE. NO MORNINGS FOR NAVI
EPCOT - TOP 3 TIER 1 RIDES - NO MORNING AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+5. GOT AFTERNOON 60+2

Got tired of looking for any decent ones for anything that was 60 or 60+1 so started 60+2. Even if open, this bumps our chances of rescheduling until next year much higher. this is our only time we can go this year. Disappointed but was prepared to be......

that stinks cause I was on same time as u and got all the hs ones except slinky. I got mine train twice in am actually. Got 930 for fop. Ya deff limited but they were there.

Big Thunder Mountain IS scheduled for a refurb. The last two weeks of May. Speculation is that it will be pushed into early June due to current situation.
ahhh now it makes sense. kind of. cause there was one day very late in my trip it was available but not till 530 at night.

that stinks cause I was on same time as u and got all the hs ones except slinky. I got mine train twice in am actually. Got 930 for fop. Ya deff limited but they were there.
It must be a matter of seconds when they close up then. First priority was FOP +4. not there, changed day +5, then HS and poof, all tier 1 rides gone by 7:02 at +5.

I think when they reopen they will be going to Virtual Queues mostly for social distancing so they are probably holding them back
I reaaally like how the queue works for Rise of the Resistance. Even w/a virtual queue, we all get corralled together at the end quite closely... unless they mark 6' distances on the floor throughout the queues!!

I reaaally like how the queue works for Rise of the Resistance. Even w/a virtual queue, we all get corralled together at the end quite closely... unless they mark 6' distances on the floor throughout the queues!!
I would be shocked if they DONT have 6 foot spaced markers for all Standbye lines, queue lines, and fastpass lines, show lines, restroom lines, ANY line for anything anywhere, IMO. Night time fireworks and parades arent coming back, at least through summer, imo

I booked two groups of fastpasses for June 1 - June 7 for my family and my best friends family. We were able to get most headliners except for FOP. But the times and availability were by far the worst I’d ever seen. We were booked for spring break and have gone at Christmas, and I have never seen anything like the selections during June. We are booked at random times for most of the big headliners. The only day that the schedule is exactly how I want it is June 6 for Epcot. The availability there allowed me to do all morning but otherwise our schedule is a mess. But my problem is I’ve tried to tighten up the fastpasses several times a day for almost two weeks now for two different reservations and nothing is popping up or available. It does get me a little nervous for what could be in store for us if we get to go on this vacation as far as ride availability.

I booked two groups of fastpasses for June 1 - June 7 for my family and my best friends family. We were able to get most headliners except for FOP. But the times and availability were by far the worst I’d ever seen. We were booked for spring break and have gone at Christmas, and I have never seen anything like the selections during June. We are booked at random times for most of the big headliners. The only day that the schedule is exactly how I want it is June 6 for Epcot. The availability there allowed me to do all morning but otherwise our schedule is a mess. But my problem is I’ve tried to tighten up the fastpasses several times a day for almost two weeks now for two different reservations and nothing is popping up or available. It does get me a little nervous for what could be in store for us if we get to go on this vacation as far as ride availability.
I know! I booked Tuesday for June 13-20. I was on a couple minutes after 7. I couldn't get ANY Tier 1 for DHS and everything else was night time. (60+3). Only night time available for SDMT at 60+4. Availability was better the further I went on in the week, but it's 1000 percent more limited than it was when I made my canceled March trip FPs on a popular Spring Break week. Then, I got everything I wanted, even FOP at 60+3. Either parks will be totally packed that week, or Disney is severely limiting FPs or both. My sister wants to cancel based on how many problems we were having with ride availability.

We have the Mar 30- Dec 15 dated tickets now after our trip in March being cancelled we are planning on attending EPCOT on June 23 and can book hotel at 60 days. Since those tickets are flexible and not date specific we are willing to book FP+ at 60 days and keep updating FP+ for specific rides and times all the way up to days before June 23. If it is still miserable by that time we will cancel and use the tickets later.

I’m not too familiar with it to be honest. Don’t you have to pay extra for it though? That would be a turn off for me.
You do, but frankly I think Maxpass will eventually be absorbed into ticket price. It's already $20/per day (just went up), and I can't see anyone paying more than that for it.

ahhh now it makes sense. kind of. cause there was one day very late in my trip it was available but not till 530 at night.
I can't remember how many days you said your trip is, so it could be at the very end of the reschedule. But a few people called and were able to get it manually added, and CMs have mentioned (they don't know for sure) that the reason FP is not showing online could be due to the originally planned refurbishment.

I would be shocked if they DONT have 6 foot spaced markers for all Standbye lines, queue lines, and fastpass lines, show lines, restroom lines, ANY line for anything anywhere, IMO. Night time fireworks and parades arent coming back, at least through summer, imo
I agree with you about the fireworks and parades - few things are more crowded than those shows. Still not clear how they could do other attractions. Even with 6' spacing in the lines, the queues still snake back and forth, and share hand rail surfaces. And many of the attractions have pre-show stops - like the rooms in TOT and RnR and HM and FOP, etc. Would they turn off parts of the storyline for the attractions for better spacing? Not sure anyone has that answer yet. It'll be interesting.

I’m not too familiar with it to be honest. Don’t you have to pay extra for it though? That would be a turn off for me.
Yes, you do have to pay extra for maxpass, which is a turn off to me, too. We were in Disneyland in Jan. 2019 and skipped maxpass, but they still use the old school paper fastpasses free so we just did that and got on plenty of stuff. It was the off season though, so not sure what's it like in high season. And I definitely don't see WDW going back to old school paper passes for people who don't want to pay to upgrade since they are already so much more digital than DL.

I agree with you about the fireworks and parades - few things are more crowded than those shows. Still not clear how they could do other attractions. Even with 6' spacing in the lines, the queues still snake back and forth, and share hand rail surfaces. And many of the attractions have pre-show stops - like the rooms in TOT and RnR and HM and FOP, etc. Would they turn off parts of the storytelling for the attractions for better spacing? Not sure anyone has that answer yet. It'll be interesting.
I think half the queues will be blocked off. They are working on all the logistics now for sure! I just went to modify my FP to be curious if anything new opened up. It is now worse. There are now just regular shows, like beauty and the beast, that are sold out (no FP available) at 60+3. Unheard of. I bet all the shows will be half capacity also due to spacing requirements, at best.

Tomorrow morning is my Fast pass day. I will be on right at (or slightly before) 7:00 AM Eastern. My trip is 4 nights - 6/16 - 6/20.

Because this is a split stay starting offsite .. my park days are at the front end of the trip and our MK day is actually before we officially check in to our resort.

The whole point of the trip was to stay at AoA to use the Gondolas and try and hit Epcot and DHS the most with "ease" but the boarding group procedure may make that pointless and I may have to drive to DHS (if the Boarding group procedure is the same come June)

6/16 - arrival day (no specific park planned .. but maybe try some FPs to spend a few hours in the afternoon) somewhere (not sure where yet . .may depend what I can get FPs for (which don't seem like much).
6/17 (60+1) - DHS day .. so based on anecdotal evidence here, I won't be able to get any Tier 1 FPs for DHS. Bleh. Add that with the "gamble" of getting a Rise boarding group .. this could be a rough day.
6/18 (60+2) - was planning Epcot or DHS (have a breakfast reservation at Boardwalk).
6/19 (60+3) - Epcot (have dining reservation inside)
6/20 (60+4) - departure day .. but was going to hit DHS or AK if I can get good fastpasses for either of those .. but even at 60+4, sounds like my Tier 1 shot at DHS will be near impossible.

Will report back tomorrow morning shortly after.

Again .. all "speculation" and assuming things running in June as they were in Feb. (which I HIGHLY doubt will happen). Mainly an exercise .. no harm in planning and wait and see what happens with parks.

Tomorrow morning is my Fast pass day. I will be on right at (or slightly before) 7:00 AM Eastern. My trip is 4 nights - 6/16 - 6/20.

Because this is a split stay starting offsite .. my park days are at the front end of the trip and our MK day is actually before we officially check in to our resort.

The whole point of the trip was to stay at AoA to use the Gondolas and try and hit Epcot and DHS the most with "ease" but the boarding group procedure may make that pointless and I may have to drive to DHS (if the Boarding group procedure is the same come June)

6/16 - arrival day (no specific park planned .. but maybe try some FPs to spend a few hours in the afternoon) somewhere (not sure where yet . .may depend what I can get FPs for (which don't seem like much).
6/17 (60+1) - DHS day .. so based on anecdotal evidence here, I won't be able to get any Tier 1 FPs for DHS. Bleh. Add that with the "gamble" of getting a Rise boarding group .. this could be a rough day.
6/18 (60+2) - was planning Epcot or DHS (have a breakfast reservation at Boardwalk).
6/19 (60+3) - Epcot (have dining reservation inside)
6/20 (60+4) - departure day .. but was going to hit DHS or AK if I can get good fastpasses for either of those .. but even at 60+4, sounds like my Tier 1 shot at DHS will be near impossible.

Will report back tomorrow morning shortly after.

Again .. all "speculation" and assuming things running in June as they were in Feb. (which I HIGHLY doubt will happen). Mainly an exercise .. no harm in planning and wait and see what happens with parks.
I think you can get Tier 1 DHS but it would be best to try for as late in your trip as possible, be flexible with times, and be ready EXACTLY at 7.

I assume you check-in to AoA on 6/16? Just making sure I understand the way your wrote the first two parts of your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter