Lack of preparation fun

charlesredmore

Earning My Ears
So, I took the family to DW in 2013 and it was our first trip. I spent every night for almost a year learning everything and it was all new and exciting. Like, OMG, Magic Kingdom is on the second floor, or cast members point with two fingers! It was all new and interesting. Now my wife and I are going back in September of 2018 for our 20th anniversary. I'm already on Touring plans planning my days, but I'm finding there just isn't as much to discover this time around and it's kinda bumming me out.

Anyone else ever go through that?

Have you gone on any of the backstage tours? Do you golf, or fish? Does your wife like the spa? Have you been parasailing? Seems to me like there is always something to discover - I just have to look in the right direction.

If you are talking about fun facts, there are tons of them. Each park has themes for their lands and there are backstories behind each ride. Maybe do the tour of World Showcase at Epcot?

Have you looked into things outside the parks depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Those are really good suggestions, we are planning some of those things. Like bar hopping on the monorail and around Epcot. It's just that last time everything was new while I'm not a veteran by any means, I am much more informed this time around, and having trouble switching gears from enjoying learning to enjoying having the knowledge. Loves to dive, that's a great suggestion about learning the backstories to the rides. I'll have to look more into that. I haven't done that yet. Most of the knowledge that I got last time was more practical, like how to use the transit system and fast passes things like that. Maybe now I can get more into the stories and lore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter