Ladies- best shorts for under skirts/dresses?

Truelovernr1122

Raising Disney Lovers
I'm looking for a great pair of shorts to wear under my skirts and dresses in the park to prevent chaffing but won't be too thick that I won't stay cool. I've had a lot of trouble with shorts riding up or looking bulky under my skirts and I'm just looking for a great recommendation from someone who has worn an awesome pair that doesn't mind sharing!

Seriously, buy a product can body glide at the running store. Slather it all over your thighs and you won't chafe! I am a 2xl and I used to get horrible rashes. This solved it for me.

I was worried that Body Glide wouldn't work after purchasing Monistat Chaffing Gel at the store. Is it similar? For whatever reason, it stopped working on me a half hour after applying and I was hoping for better results!

Is it like a gel or more like a stick?

I like skorts from Title 9 and Athleta. For me they were very comfortable at WDW and even splashing on the beach (quick dry fabric with very lightweight built-in short underneath). Two alternatives: Body Glide and no shorts or get thin bike shorts or compression running shorts for under your skirt.

I was going to recommend the slipshort by Jockey, too! I'll be bringing mine to wear with a couple dresses in the evening. They are super lightweight, and silky smooth, and your dress won't stick to your legs everytime you get up from sitting!

I was worried that Body Glide wouldn't work after purchasing Monistat Chaffing Gel at the store. Is it similar? For whatever reason, it stopped working on me a half hour after applying and I was hoping for better results!

Is it like a gel or more like a stick?

It's a stick and far superior IMHO :-)

I agree with the Jockey slip-short. I haven't tried mine out at WDW yet but wear it every time I wear a skirt including walking around Charleston in 90+ degrees last weekend.

Not exactly on topic but thought you ladies might have a suggestion on where I can find athletic style shorts in a size 20. I think of them as basketball shorts, but just mesh shorts. All shorts in my local stores are too small and way to short.
Thanks!

I usually just buy the cheapest bike shorts I can find at Target or similar.

I vote for Body Glide too. I've tried exercise (tight-fitting) spandex-type shorts, and they still ride up and sometimes make things worse. Never had any trouble with Body Glide, though.

I've heard it can help prevent foot blisters too, but haven't used it there.

I wore shorts that are made to be worn under a tennis skirt. Very comfortable...not too hot...not too tight.:thumbsup2

I ordered a stick of Body Glide on Amazon and a pair of jockey slip shorts. My trip is in a month so hopefully I get both soon and I'll try them before the trip! We've been having a heat wave here in Jersey so it's the perfect weather to test them in that compares to FL humidity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter