Lama pa'ipa'i on the Lanai – an Aulani TR -Aloha and Mahalo Aulani! Link to PTR 11/5

We definitely will have to go off season. Steve is very excited about going there (now) It was funny he was looking over the point chart book for 2013 and 14. He saw how much to stay there. He wrinkled his face asked how many points we have and then as if he was having a private conversation in his own head said "I think we need to see how much we like our DVC before we add on more points" :rotfl2: I go back and forth honestly... I think buying another contract could just lead to less trips else where. (not to mention there are other things close to home that we could throw money at, like new windows or siding) Then again, when the argument for DVC shifted to the ability to stay where we wanted rather than just at a value resort I guess the same could be applied when adding another contract...just means we can stay in less studios...etc.

yes, 25-50 could make sense if it was the same UY and resort as what you already have but at a different one...I suppose it depends on the room type and time of year...with a 50 every 3 years you could get a week in a studio at many places I think. Not Aulani though. LOL!

I probably should have used the money for house stuff but...we are kind of at that key age with the kids that I want to seize those vacation moments before they are out of the house and...that takes bigger rooms. Jeff and I will use them just fine when they are all out of the house, and I am sure be taking them but it's amazing that we are still in a borrowing situation. Ultimately though I don't think we want more than we have really so...need to work with what we have, it's a nice number.

That makes sense! Even if you just "squirrel those away" to be used every other year..bam, your aulani trips are covered! I am almost to the point of understanding my contract. (I say almost cause I had a moment recently where I was :confused: on why I could borrow agains my 2014 points already) I can't imagine how it would work to have multiple contracts. :confused: I see small...very small resale ones come through in my emails and I wonder how they would even be helpful unless you had a larger contract with the same UY at the same resort. Otherwise, you get home advantage for maybe a night? With your plan... I can understand. 100 points banked until the next year to give you 200... and those are enough to rent for the week. So I am slowly getting there. ;)

Exactly. What I like about our contracts is that it is enough, every 3 years, to get us a week at any of our homes in a 2B (at most times of the year lol and well, a 1B at Aulani lol). So, if I ever get it all on the right rotation...it works out pretty darn well! Of course right now they are all mixed up but it did basically work for the NYE trip to pull off the general idea and use our 11m advantage. We will not always need that 2B but it's nice to know we can when we want to. They sure do eat up a ton of points!

That said, I've used our points more at non home so far and it's worked out well at the 7m point so I am quite happy to date. I've not actually had a situation yet, where I couldn't get what I wanted.

Nice souvenirs and final thoughts. Seemed like a great trip to me and hope you get back there in 2015.

Skipping around your Hawaii trip report when I have time. Just read through your Live from Waikiki update and I loved all of the pictures and especially the details and food info!

TURTLE!!! :love:

I was excited to hear about the Margaritaville when you first mentioned it, but then when I read, it sounded kind of disappointing. Dukes sounded like a score and your last morning breakfast looked and sounded AMAZING!!!

Thanks so much for all the great info.

Just read your update (Almost) Live from Honolulu!

Wow! What a stressful, aggravating and foot-punishing work trip!

Even in paradise.

I enjoyed the pictures of the buildings downtown and the history lessons.

But mostly I want to know... what is the name of the restaurant where you had the beet salad? I'll take one of those, please!

I am so clueless about Hawaii and I need to buckle down and take copious notes about some of our dining options.

Nice souvenirs and final thoughts. Seemed like a great trip to me and hope you get back there in 2015.

Thanks and me too!!!

Skipping around your Hawaii trip report when I have time. Just read through your Live from Waikiki update and I loved all of the pictures and especially the details and food info!

TURTLE!!! :love:

The turtle was awesome!!!

I was excited to hear about the Margaritaville when you first mentioned it, but then when I read, it sounded kind of disappointing. Dukes sounded like a score and your last morning breakfast looked and sounded AMAZING!!!

Thanks so much for all the great info.

You MUST go to Dukes. Eat in the bar or the outside beach area instead of the main restaurant (smaller and less $$ menu but plenty of options). Margaritaville was meh. I think we are spoiled by the Lone Palm and Key West. There wasn't anything "wrong" with it per-se and had I gone there first it might have been ok but the fact that it wasn't on the water hurt it quite a bit. If dining in that area multiple nights it might be worth going, otherwise, just stop in and have a drink or apps.

Just read your update (Almost) Live from Honolulu!

Wow! What a stressful, aggravating and foot-punishing work trip!

Even in paradise.

I enjoyed the pictures of the buildings downtown and the history lessons.

But mostly I want to know... what is the name of the restaurant where you had the beet salad? I'll take one of those, please!

I am so clueless about Hawaii and I need to buckle down and take copious notes about some of our dining options.

It is called Real, a Gastropub

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice souvies! I'm sure I'll be seeing that new hat on Eric in the next trip report. :thumbsup2

Wow, congrats on the Aulani points! :banana:

Thanks for the report Cynthia, it was great to tag-along and learn so much about the resort and Oahu!

And who was top of this page certainly NOT Rosie !!!!:snooty::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks so much for posting your trip report! Just booked a trip to Aulani for March, and I can't read enough about the place. I just keep getting more and more excited! It took me two days to get through the thread, but it was worth it!

Also, you are planner extraordinaire with your NYE trip…I'm quite impressed! And, I'm sure that you are working on an equally fabulous trip report for that trip!

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for posting your trip report! Just booked a trip to Aulani for March, and I can't read enough about the place. I just keep getting more and more excited! It took me two days to get through the thread, but it was worth it!

Also, you are planner extraordinaire with your NYE trip…I'm quite impressed! And, I'm sure that you are working on an equally fabulous trip report for that trip!

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Thank you, I hope you love Aulani as much as we did, I can't wait to go back. I will be doing a TR for the NYE trip, wading through pictures now. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter