Land, Sea and Safari September/October 2013

Just got back from our 4 night 'Halloween on the high seas' cruise on The Disney Dream. Had a great time!

In the atrium they had a 'pumpkin tree' which grew over the cruise (started out without pumpkins )

239bce6ce0a8a316ea13391475116258_zpsb262ee4d.jpg

They had a great viewing of scream and sing with A Nightmare before christmas 3d and a meet with the characters afterwards which we really enjoyed...

b640edfc1d3aa694dd453120a028a186_zps3acd8192.jpg

Then omg omg omg...Palo brunch... To die for!

f8173da0cd1b16f2e535880c9b423aa7_zps5c146679.jpg

Then that very same evening Palo's dinner...

46541869eb548ee249bad83b6a0b464e_zps5cbf6436.jpg

We were not impressed with the food in the main dining at all this time which was a shock. Usually they take time with me and my special diet to make lovely creations for me. Our server could not be bothered this time. I got a very dry chicken breast or fish, a plain baked potato and veg 3 nights in a row... It was so bland and tasteless. Then when Jo complained saying can't they do me a sauce they gave me sea bass with nuts on the top and I had already told them I can't eat nuts so the server attempted to 'scrape' them off the fish! I demanded a new fish as that would make me ill and they did but that night I was very ill. I suspect it was the same fish they gave me again. Anyway we were telling our lovely server in Palo's this at brunch and she was so horrified so she squeezed us a reservation in for that night! And the chef meet with me and designed me a meal that was amazing! We were spared another night of me getting a boring meal or made ill! I still wasn't feeling well but it really cheered me up! They made such a fuss of us it made up for the run around downstairs. What an amazing restaurant and dining experience. I will want that every time now!

I'm shocked at the main dining rooms' attitude. I would definitely send DCL an email. But so glad they were fabulous at Palo and you had some delicious meals. And the Halloween decorations are so cute, this will definitely go on my list of future cruises to do.

I'm glad that Palo came through for you. Thats awful about the server he should be reported to DCL. Scraping the nuts off the fish is just dumb.

What a shame about the main dining room experience and what a fool of a server attempting to make things right by scraping the nuts from the food I would never hesitate to report this person as allergies can be life threatening as most people know If he is going to be in the food service industry he better have that little fact emphasized to him or maybe move on in his career :sad2:

So glad Palo made it a wonderful experience for you

Your picture of that chandelier is beautiful You and Jo look fabulous What great pictures for Halloween

Hope to talk to you very soon Paula

Ruthie

Thanks Alison, Pam and Ruthie :-)

Went to EPCOT food and wine yesterday. Really good Jo sampled Greece but wasn't over impressed but says France beef was excellent. She also had a crepe which was nice. All I found was a burger slider in America but very nice! It's very busy but it does open at 10:00 the showcase but most food did not appear till. 11:00

Photobucket seems to be playing up so photos later!

We got these really cute plastic plates with holes for your drinks. They are worth a buy also the wrist gift tags but the machine broke down and you couldn't pay for a while using gift cards imagine the chaos!

Off to TSM this morning. Alison and Fran safe flight! See you real soon!

Back to the cruise now photobucket is working...

Of course as an adult I don't get why people do the character meet and greets... :-)

d22e386a11aeb1c9925df2397634be4c_zps5c21e699.jpg

There were so many great characters on board we were very impressed by that.

b640edfc1d3aa694dd453120a028a186_zps3acd8192.jpg

Really love Minnie's halloween outfit!

cfc8d5810a6c1c62755f6e60e3e22c10_zpse7849151.jpg

The FE exchange went really well and we got some lovely gifts. Here are our FE's before we gave them out..

f1febe18f744bda386c0e94ac7f3b3f1_zps56bea4d2.jpg

Here we are on Pirate night which was good fun...

c83421e94093667436787f72cf892455_zps45507eba.jpg

Finally nice to know they can still do the Mickey ketchup for me even in Palo lol

7661b6129935f239fde8d6e40dc30f3a_zps83d306b1.jpg

Tonight we are off to MNSSP!

Back home now my goodness so much to tell I don't know where to start! The MNSSP was fab!

Here I am as Dr Meredith Grey ..

979e776ba8a2000453ac9e2023f7dc23_zps34103343.jpg

And Jo as Calley Torres

3db3606c8c7d7da6b5dee3bbd4027f1b_zps11357670.jpg

Some folks on the bus into the MK said if we were doctors from Grays Anatomy they were getting off the bus as it always ends in disasters with explosions etc lol.

We ate at Pesco Bills a counter service burger dinner then hit the trick and treat candy stations, rode Great Thunder Mountain and of course HM which was brill. I wanted a MNSSHP t shirt as last year they sold out so we lined up and I got one!

3d92f7b24d2ea80d9359194bf4b956f9_zps9fc71925.jpg

The parade was good but we didn't see it all as we were too busy getting candy lol.

Here are the treat bags this year with Frozen on them..

9c5e1c451f6df62a86bfd94ccfcc5dcf_zpsf2c629ef.jpg

We thought this year was one of the best we had been to. The weather was perfect!

Next up...checking into the Wildest Lodge for one night, Dismeet with Alison then my birthday...how I scored lots of character meet & greets in one day lol and how we went from a one bed studio DVC at Animal Kingdom to a 2 bedroom club suit upgrade with full use of club lounge etc. the most amazing experience of my life! We couldn't believe it!

Back home already!? Your upgrade sounds AMAZING!!!!! Happy belated Birthday! :)

Thank you! I know it was the comp of the century looked up how much it was because it was a hotel suite not a dvc room ( was on the 3rd floor near reception ) and the two nights would have been 3800 dollars! Mad! We only booked a studio on dvc points lol.

So the next night now Monday september 30th we checked into VWL for one night. We had not stayed there before but had visited it and really liked the theme. It isn't our home resort but we were lucky enough to get the night on a waitlist :-)

Here it appeared driving up...

b6903cff7527ae09d69b3b41a95ba0f0_zpsefc3990e.jpg

And inside the lobby...

4a70a17dd1ce3dfd68e9f6cd568355fc_zps3c1ad57a.jpg

When we checked in we got a message from the next resort we were staying at the next day for my birthday and final two nights there was 'an issue' with our room they were trying to sort out. The manager of the resort ( Animal Kingdom ) was going to call us later in the day to update us. Of course we had a panic we would be out on the streets! So we waiting in worry!

In the meantime we got the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. What a nice boat ride!

Then we had a nice Dismeet with Alison...

43afc7ee397317926a2b7579b8a126e3_zps1998217f.jpg

We chatted and caught up which was nice and Alison told us of the horror of the scooter problems and pulling an all nigher packing! Poor things!

That night we ate at the Olive Garden and came back to enjoy the resort. We thought out of all the DVC resorts the rooms are a bit tired could do with a refurb but the resort is wonderful and what a great location with transport options galore!

Jo got the phone call from the manager at AK whilst we meet with Alison...to be continued...

:eek: home already ???? where did the time go I am So sorry we didn't get a chance to meet this time I hold on to the faith that you will be back again !

NEXT time we plan a meet Paula & Jo

In for the updates, love your Greys Anatomy costumes and the reaction of other guests :rotfl:

I'm glad you made it home! It was so much fun just to sit and chat for a while, a great way for me to start off my trip that began with craziness! It was a nice relaxing afternoon, just what I needed!

:eek: home already ???? where did the time go I am So sorry we didn't get a chance to meet this time I hold on to the faith that you will be back again !

NEXT time we plan a meet Paula & Jo

In for the updates, love your Greys Anatomy costumes and the reaction of other guests :rotfl:

No problems we are over a lot! Next time! Thanks for reading :-)

I'm glad you made it home! It was so much fun just to sit and chat for a while, a great way for me to start off my trip that began with craziness! It was a nice relaxing afternoon, just what I needed!

Thanks! Yes us too! I hope you enjoy the rest if your trip! Horrid being home miss it all and being close to nice dis folk and the magic! Can't wait to be back to do it all again!

Right..so Alison kindly came back with us via reception and we said our goodbyes. It's so nice meeting people in real life! Something to remember :-) thanks for meeting us Alison :-)

The manager of the AK said that for a reason she did not give our accessible studio with roll in shower and savannah view was not available. But we could offer us two options the first was two studios , one accessible but no view and one non accessible across the hall with a view. So we would have access to both. Jo said no thanks what is option b. This was a hotel room 2 bed accessible suite in club. It does have microwave and fridge a lounge area, 2 bedrooms 1 with queen and two bunks and a balcony and a bathroom. A lounge area with another rest room double balcony, then a master bedroom with a massive bathroom. All bedrooms and lounge had savannah views, flat screen tvs and dvd. I have never seen the like! We gasped when we walked through the door! The fridge was stocked full of drinks!

Here is the lounge...

292ea4c52635167c9e5172f74d2e612c_zpsf3058001.jpg

And the views...

326eb43e38b580571f91dddc4ef20b97_zps421ace6d.jpg

89eeb8f016af35af4122b24d43cd7344_zps6f5d30c8.jpg

What a birthday treat! The club lounge and staff were amazing. Snacks and drinks all day!

The morning of my birthday I got a lovely little Mickey from Jo she secretly got in MK earlier in the holiday. It has your birthstone on the cake!

75cb82502c99b2e6488001936f018cfc_zps378d1e07.jpg

I had already got a wonderful purple ice watch and some lovely earrings. Also we were delighted at AK to get our magic bands..

a56a2ad48bf7f289eebaeb6b6986dae8_zps736329a8.jpg

Next up my birthday at MK ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter