• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Large family Newbies ADR and meals

QuiverofArrows

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are planning our 1st family trip to Orlando just for vacation and can't wait! Our littlest blessing had open heart surgery when she was just one day old so finances are tight but we have the Give ticket and want to drive down this year because of that. Geneva could be facing another surgery and I really want to see her at Disney. I know 16 mo is young but the reality is we don't know what the future holds. So, we are trying to keep the cost for our family of 9 down to under $3500. I know everyone has different opinions but we want to make the most of our experience for everyone and spend our money wisely. : ) The budget needs to include our gas (traveling from VA), meals, villa and tickets.

This is the outline of what I have so far:
Wednesday, November 24th to Saturday, November 27th - family time in central FL

Sunday, November 28th
Breakfast and lunch with family. After lunch,
Downtown Disney (Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli)
Grocery shopping
Check in to villa

Monday, November 29th
Breakfast and lunch at villa.
Supper - HDDR and Ft. Wilderness or California Grill

Tuesday, November 30th
Chef Mickey 9am
Nap.
VMCP - eat at Liberty or Tony's? When?

Wednesday, December 1st
Breakfast at villa
Lunch or Supper - grill out with friends. Other meal ???

Thursday, December 2nd
Magic Kingdom all day
Breakfast - Eat bagels and fruit in car
Where to eat for lunch and supper?

Friday, December 3rd
Resting and packing day. Maybe play mini golf
Any special breakfast or lunch places using Entertainment book coupons?

I know it might not seem exciting to some but I'm trying to balance character meals with good food and rest/pool/family time with excitement. We've never been to Disney except one other VMCP 3 yrs ago and the children were so sick from staying up that late and eating cocoa and cookies and running, running, running that they were sick for days so we are trying to throw in plenty of rest time too. :) It looks like the FOOD/CHARACTER budget total is $1400 for that week. We found a 4br/3ba villa with a private pool for $600 for the week. We've stayed there before and it's just over 15 minute drive to Disney.

Thanks so much for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter