Last Min. ? about Infants

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Have a 4 month old going along with our party and we're not sure what she can go on?

She can go on pretty much anything that doesn't have a height restriction. We took my older DD when she was 8 months old and she went on about 90% of the rides. Actually, at almost 8 years old, she is finally tall enough (42") to go on most of the rides she couldn't go on then.

Try here (the official site):

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/landing?name=DisneylandParkLandingPage

If you click on attractions, you can pick individual rides to check for sure. Most rides in DL do NOT have a height restriction. (Many in CA do.) The main rides (off the top of my head so forgive me if wrong) at DL that have them are Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Star Tours, and a couple of others. Those are the biggies, though. You can do Baby Swap on all of those rides, though. :)

You can look under 'attractions' on Disneyland.com to see the restrictions. Basically though....she can go on everything at DL except the 'roller coasters' (Matterhorn, Splash, Indiana, Star Tours) and CA the only things she can go on are in Flicks Fun Fair. If I remember correctly....you can't 'hold' the baby on the 'kiddie rides' (Rodger Rabbit, etc), she has to 'sit' next to you. It's been a while since my kids were that age (youngest is 4) so maybe that's not the case anymore, but I do remember looking at them crazy when they first asked me to have her 'sit' next to me.

Thank you everyone for all your last minute helpful hints :) Apreciate it,
Kelie

MateasMom said:
You can look under 'attractions' on Disneyland.com to see the restrictions. Basically though....she can go on everything at DL except the 'roller coasters' (Matterhorn, Splash, Indiana, Star Tours) and CA the only things she can go on are in Flicks Fun Fair. If I remember correctly....you can't 'hold' the baby on the 'kiddie rides' (Rodger Rabbit, etc), she has to 'sit' next to you. It's been a while since my kids were that age (youngest is 4) so maybe that's not the case anymore, but I do remember looking at them crazy when they first asked me to have her 'sit' next to me.
wouldn't you be worried of them falling over or out? My youngest will be 1. Are little ones usually oK this way. I'm such a worryer :confused3 Does anyone know if my 5 yo will be OK on the TOT? He reaches the height limit but after that tragedy at WDW I'm not sure?

When we took our son at seven months there was no problem with him sitting between us...those rides are really tame, and it's not like you can't hold on to them while they sit next to you.

As for Tower of Terror, personally I wouldn't take a five year old. I think it would scare them a lot, it's pretty creepy the way they have it set up. I totally understand your worries after the WDW incident, it seems that all of the rides have pretty much the same warning so it's impossible to tell if a ride is going to be really intense if you don't know anything about it.

We took my DD2 when she was 6 months old and she had a WONDERFUL time. She loved the rides. I worry alot (ok I'm nuts about it :crazy:), but we had a baby bjorn that I strapped her to me, and we sat on all the rides that way. Of course we didn't do any height restricted rides, but all of the rides in Fantasyland, the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion, and the Disneyland Train she did great on.

Eeyorecln said:
wouldn't you be worried of them falling over or out?

I think a 1YO should be perfectly fine. We went when youngest was really young (starting at probably 6 weeks old) and I'd just press her against my side. The only ride that was 'too much' until she was sitting well on her own was Rodger Rabbit.

As far as Tower of Terror. It's MUCH (much much much, insanely so) more tame then Mission Space. Mission Space (the ride the little boy died on/after at WDW) is a horrible, evil ride with signs all over the place warning that the ride is extremely intense, there are barf bags, they give instructions on what to do when you do get sick. Tower of Terror may scare a young child, but it won't effect your body the way Mission Space does. If 5YO likes thrill rides and likes scary movies/rides, I'd let him ride if he wants to. Maybe you or DH could ride before you decide.

Thanks so much for all your replies. I know what happened in WDW is a rarity but it really scared me. I worry so much about my kids :sad2: I think we will try having 1 of us ride the bigger thrill rides first to check them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter