Last minute AP rates: do they exist?

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Hi. Based on my (very limited) experience, it seems AP rates are announced months in advance, and then they get booked up.

Are AP rates ever available for a last minute trip? For example, let's say on January 5, I see some good airfare for January 20. Is there any chance in heck there will be AP rates available? I'm just curious. Thanks.

Its possible - I pretty much check back every day and see what's available.
I've gotten Ap rates a few days out - basically if someone cancels I assume it opens up

It can go from no availability at all to AP rates available in a couple of hours - its all luck.

Also if you try different dates and and or do a split stay or different rooms you can find things sometimes.

Yes, I have found last minute AP rates, even during busier weeks like Halloween and Christmas. Sometimes I was only able to have the AP rate for a few nights of the trip, so be prepared to have 2 or 3 back-to-back reservations in the same room category.

I booked my upcoming trip for 10/31-11/5 on September 25 and those AP rates are still available. I booked a trip December before last with less than a month notice. It’s definitely possible especially if you’re not going during high season and can be flexible with dates.

i made mid August reservations in July with the AP rate. AP rates are available upto Jan. 7. The rates for after that should be out any day now. I think they are late. AP rates for December were out inJuly.

Depends on who has booked what. Weekends, standard rooms, and popular dates are less likely to have AP rate availability. Especially if you are open to different hotels & split stays, you can get a shorter notice AP rate during most non-peak times, particularly weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter