Last Minute budget trip

dshimel

Mouseketeer
Need advice:

American just dropped the prices for DEN to MCO from $450 to $150 a seat. I start a new job November 1, so I have to do this in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking of leaving a Thursday noon, getting into Orlando late, spending Fri-Sat-Sun at parks and flying back out at 8:00 Sunday night.

Here is where the problems come in. I was there last November for a week, and REALLY enjoyed the Stars and Stripes passes. However, to get on site accomidations I used a SoG overflow. SoG says they are blocked from doing overflows at this time. I called WD Travel, and was quoted $99 + 12% per night. $350 for 3 nights seems pretty steep when I can go off site for under $150.

Anyone know of any way to get a room cheaper (without Florida Resident or Disney Club)?

I can get 3 day, one park per day passes for $120 or 4 day Hoppers for $160 from SoG. Hopper is nice, but I'm not sure I'd ever get to use that 4th day. Any advice?

Finally, Rental car vs. shuttle. Mears shows $61 each way for towncar. I forgot to check shuttle, but I think it was about $20 per person last year. For 3 days, it seems I could get a rental for about the same price. Staying off site, rental seems the better deal. What about parking costs?

Any suggestions on this last minute trip are appreciated.

These are tons of great deals in Orlando right now. Did you check out mousesavers.com link on the home page of this website. Also on the homepage, are non disney hotels discounts listed, too. Marriott for 29. nite and Best Western for 39. both in dd disney. Allstars are going for 49 and 59 nite.

Bummer, The seats are already back up to $250 a seat. :-(

Not going after all.

Don't worry - they might go back down! Flights from LAX, San Diego, and the airports in between have all had their prices go from up to down to back up again to down again lol in a matter of hours. Maybe you could check back tomorrow? Checking every few hours on Travelocity (sad...every few hours lol) enabled us to get a $98!! fare from San Diego to MCO - isn't that cheap? :)

dshimel-
I had a fare alert for den-mco also. Those fares didn't last but for a few minutes! I have noticed that if you can return on a Monday, the rates do drop- it seems like you are going to get the higher fares when you return on Sat. or Sunday.

Decided to go to Disneyland instead. Those seats were on sale today. Got a great discount at Grand CA. Actually, I think DLR is going to be far better for a 3-4 day weekend anyway.

Yeah DL will be much better for a 3-4 day trip - it is a great length of time to stay there! Have a good trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter