"last minute" july 4th trip for couple, waitlist tips?

rk097348

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

This hive mind is so invaluable - thanks to everyone's suggestions and insight!
My husband and I just found ourselves with a few days without the kids during July 4 week, and some unforeseen points, and we're thinking of making a spontaneous 2 day trip. we'd love to stay on property within walking distance to a park and/or monorail. Most of those options are currently waitlisted. So far, I was able to do the following:

1. Booked 1BR Pool/Garden view at BWV 7/3-7/4 and Waitlisted 1 BR Pool/Garden view at BWV 7/4-7/5 (one night)
2. Waitlisted Studio Theme Park view at VGF 7/3-7/5 (two nights)

Is this a reasonable strategy? How likely do you think it will be that either of these waitlists come through? My thought is that we'd really like either of these options, but if it doesn't happen that's OK. We're not really interested in staying at other resorts for this trip (BLT is our home resort, and we want to try something new).

Any other tips?? :)

Thank you for the collective wisdom!!!!

Is this a reasonable strategy? How likely do you think it will be that either of these waitlists come through?
Unlikely, we’ve gone that week for nearly a decade although always booking studio. I use an AK kingdom contract most times & have only been able to flip over once to the Poly @ 7 months.

it’s been nearly difficult to book BWV studio using another contract (non walking) at 11 months.

If anything, I’d book whatever might be left to have room at the inn. Since, you have narrowed the pool, I’d suggest looking at booking non theme park view GV either the villa or resort (studio), or both

1. Booked 1BR Pool/Garden view at BWV 7/3-7/4 and Waitlisted 1 BR Pool/Garden view at BWV 7/4-7/5 (one night)

Is this a reasonable strategy? How likely do you think it will be that either of these waitlists come through? My thought is that we'd really like either of these options, but if it doesn't happen that's OK. We're not really interested in staying at other resorts for this trip (BLT is our home resort, and we want to try something new).

Might change the 2nd waitlist (Studio Theme Park) to 7/4-7/5 to increase your odds of getting a second night - even if you have to move between night 1 and night two.

I definitely think getting a TPV room for July 4th is going to be tough

I think there are more LV resort studios than TPV so I might change it to that.

I’d also keep stalking for a 1 bedroom to show up.

Hi everyone,

This hive mind is so invaluable - thanks to everyone's suggestions and insight!
My husband and I just found ourselves with a few days without the kids during July 4 week, and some unforeseen points, and we're thinking of making a spontaneous 2 day trip. we'd love to stay on property within walking distance to a park and/or monorail. Most of those options are currently waitlisted. So far, I was able to do the following:

I would do a waitlist of a 1BR P/G at Boardwalk like you have. For the other one I would drop the TPV studio to 1 night or do a lake view as was mentioned above for 1 night. There are a lot more lake view studio rooms, some with good views of the castle if you request near the north tower elevator, even numbered room in an upper floor. When one of them fills, cancel the other waitlist immediately.

Here's a picture from our lake view studio.

IMG_5107.jpeg

you all are great, thank you! we shall see. fingers crossed :)

one more question - if the waiting list ever did come through, how would we know - is it an email? phonecall? does it just happen automatically? i want to make sure i cancel the other one if one of them come through.

one more question - if the waiting list ever did come through, how would we know - is it an email? phonecall? does it just happen automatically? i want to make sure i cancel the other one if one of them come through.

You will get an email…but I find I see in in my dashboard first because I am always checking the website!

You will get an email…but I find I see in in my dashboard first because I am always checking the website!
You get an email 99% of the time but occasionally, you don’t for some reason (actually, the reason is Disney IT lol). I had a last minute waitlist come through 2 days ago for our 4th of July trip (we wanted to add an extra day on the front) and I still haven’t gotten an email. I only noticed because I went to book something for a different trip and I saw some points missing and checked my dashboard and yep, the room booked 2 days ago. Happy I noticed because we still hadn’t booked our flights and I was only going to wait a few more days lol

I’d just check my dashboard a few times a week if I’m waiting for a waitlist to come through. Frankly, I check a few times a day anyway when I have a waitlist to see if I can catch the room I want manually first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter