Last minute reservations?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi
We are in the process of buying a resale at OKW and was just wondering if it is possible to get last minute accommodations. Every once in a while I'll find a cheap airfare from Boston area to Orlando and was wondering the chances of find a dvc room if we are not picky a week or two out.

Thanks
Dave

Hi
We are in the process of buying a resale at OKW and was just wondering if it is possible to get last minute accommodations. Every once in a while I'll find a cheap airfare from Boston area to Orlando and was wondering the chances of find a dvc room if we are not picky a week or two out.

Thanks
Dave

If it's a busy DVC time (like Food and Wine, 1st week of Dec, etc.) then not likely. But there are plenty of times it is possible and would be at SSR, AKV and OKW as they are the largest resorts (not sure about a week or 2 out, but a month out). DVC does take out unbooked inventory at some point and put it over with cash resies...but if you call MS they can try to pull it back over to DVC.

Just did a search on the DVC resie system and SSR has a studio available 5/11-5/17. No OKW except a random stray night here and there. AKV and SSR has 4/28-5/3. So, it is sometimes possible.

Thanks so much for doing that
Right now we have our points planned for gone next couple of years with a trip for ourselves and our oldest DD getting married 2014 and really lime a Disney honeymoon
Just an inquiring minds question

Thanks again
Dave Goofydad Dionne

DW and I several times have been at DTD for the day and decided we wanted to stay the night. Called the resorts directly (back before MS was open on Sundays) or MS and checked in within 15 minutes.

com_op_2000 said:
DW and I several times have been at DTD for the day and decided we wanted to stay the night. Called the resorts directly (back before MS was open on Sundays) or MS and checked in within 15 minutes.

That's good to know that's
I didn't know you could call the resorts directly

Not when I have the back door number. I have CMs that are family members.

Not every DVC member has a family member who is a CM. So your advice is very specific for very specific individuals and really doesn't help the OP.

OP, I just checked for two weekends from now and could get a studio for seven nights at SSR. OKW had a day or two here and there, but not a full weekend or week in a studio.

Not sure how many are in your party or what size villa you would need. You might be able to get something, but some times of the year you woud probably be out of luck (like from early October through mid-January).

That's good to know that's
I didn't know you could call the resorts directly

I have seen other DISers report that they went to the airport, their flight was cancelled, they called the resorts after MS was closed, make a reservation, and get back on the ME to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter