Last Minute Thanksgiving-- What to do?

TarraLee

<font color=blue>New TDS CM!<br><font color=red>Le
DH has given the go-ahead for a last-minute Thanksgiving trip to WDW. Of course, that sent me into super-planner mode, and I've narrowed it down to 2 options, but I can't seem to decide which is best.... I need help from the DIS experts! This whole BRP/60 day thing totally ruins our last minute travel routine! :cold:

We're going Nov 25-29, old APs expired in August so need tickets, and have 56 points left this year. We have DDE and usually eat a sit down meal every day.

PLan 1:
Buy APs with DVC discount (614)
Stay at the Dolphin Fri and Sat nights (330)
No ME from airport, so rent towncar (125)
Use points (if availability) for Sun and MOn nights
Use DDE when possible for meals
total is 1069, plus meals and 56 points

Plan 2:
Get MYW package at Poly (appx 2000, incl dining at 35*2*4=280, and a 1 day ticket)
Upgrade 1 day ticket to AP with DVC discount (can I do this? The 1 days are worth 63 each, so 314-63=251, so our 2 APs would be 502 over the package price)
total is 2502, includes meals

What to do??

Forgot, one more option--

PLan 3
Buy APs with DVC discount (614)
Stay at Poly with AAA discount on room only (appx 1300)
Use ME
Use DDE for meal discounts
total is 1914 plus meals

One more idea...
Does AAA get a discount on the MYW packages?

I would seriously have to say, "How much is that $1500 difference worth to you?"

There are times in my life that $1500 is "chump change", and there are times in my life when $1500 is everthing. With Christmas coming up, and DVC dues coming up, and paying airfare for out trip in March (yikes!! Airfare has TOTALLY gone up), $1500 would be a lot for me right now. Also, I tend to think half the fun of a WDW trip is dreaming about it. With a short notice trip, you don't really get to do that. Therefore, I would probably go with the Swan/Dolphin option. This makes sense too because you would AP's for the rest of the year (which makes that trip even cheaper).

Plus, you could take ME back to the airport. Is a towncar really $125 for a one-way?? Another option would be to rent a car for one day, and check it in at the Swan/Dolphin (if you use National). That might save you some money, and you could stop for snacks and water, too.

:wave:

Beca

I would go with plan 3 and stay at the poly if its available. I doubt there will be a resort available on points unless you already had a waitlis come thru on friday and you had all weekend to decide to take the waitlist. Good luck and have a great trip, i love when DH comes home and says"lets go, start packing !

UPDATED:

2 nights at OKW in a studio + 2 nights at Dolphin (330) or Poly (800) (have to rent a towncar service one way)

4 nights at POR (3 nights cash (498) + 1 night points (15))

4 nights at Poly Lagoon View (3 nights cash (1338) +1 night points (45))

4 nights at Poly Garden View (4 nights cash= 18xx)

Which to choose? Is it worth it to move in the middle of a 4-night stay? What about Port Orleans Riverside? are the busses and food choices ok there? Is the Poly worth 45 points for one night or should I just pay cash and save the points? We can always find a reason to use points, and will be returning in March and April of 06.

I love the flexibility of DVC, but man, there's so many decisions to make!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter