Latest AP offer from BGT/SWF. What about IOA?

robvia

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=indigo>
Just got my latest offer in the mail from BGT/SWF for Bronze members. IOA/USF needs to lower their AP (annual passholder) ticket rate. It's $164.95 for all ages.
Let's put up all the numbers and compare.

BGT/SWF Silver Passport (1 year) includes parking.
Adult $124.95
Child $109.95 (Ages 3-9)

Florida residents got an even better deal.
BGT/SWF Bronze Passport (1 year)
Blackout dates of April 13-15, Dec 27-31, no free parking.
Adult $95.90
Child $77.90 (Ages 3-9)

IOA/USF
1 year AP All Ages $164.95 includes parking

3 day multiple park ticket
Adult $95.95
Child $86.95 (Ages 3-9)

Point of the post. Last year, I bought the BGT/SWF Florida Fun card and visited those parks 4 times (might go 1 more time too), I bought the 3 day ticket to IOA/USF and visited 3 times.
I didn't buy the AP from IOA/USF because it goes over an invisible boarderline, it's too expensive. The 3 day pass costed me about the same price as my fun card, but I ended up going to BGT/SWF one more time than I did IOA/USF. They lost out, because I didn't buy the AP, and I didn't visit their park one time. The in park spending money went to BGT/SWF instead.

Now I'm planning my ticket purchases for next year, and the same thing is confronting me. In the above example, I only used myself to keep things simple, but in fact, I have a daughter who is now an adult.
Renew my Bronze cards with daughter for
$191.8 (95.9 x 2)

IOA/USF AP would cost me $329.9 (164.95 x 2)
Or I go with 3 day tickets $199.9 (99.95 x 2)

I'll probably do the 3 day tickets, but then I'll only visit IOA/USF 3 times, whereas I'll visit BGT/SWF 4 or even 5 times.

The last time I visited IOA/USF in May, they had a special for Florida residents where if you bought a 1 day ticket into the park, they'd give you the rest of the year for free. But it wasn't advertised on their web site. Anyone know of any other offers IOA/USF has? They need a better AP offer.

BGT/SWF are really putting up the effort and deserves good business. They are doing everything they can saving-wise and making it known to the public. UO are really sitting and doing nothing on this.

Don't forget the AAA deal with an annual pass to Universal. It's $99, but you have to activate it by 2/2002.

Yea, I second that motion...get in on that $99 deal!!! I've been told too, that Universal has been honoring that deal at the windows, but either way...it's too good of a deal to pass up, IMO! You can even buy a renewal voucher for $99 at Universal if you want!
Second...right now, the kids' annual pass is $129, just an FYI. They seem to offer it periodically, and this is one of those times, I guess.

I still feel that $165 is a great value, maybe it's not compared to BGT, but I can't GO to BGT a couple of times a week, so location would be a factor there. Look at what WDW charges and Universal looks like a bargain basement! :D

Karen

Just found this on their web site.
Grinchmas Florida Residents Offer.

Get a specially marked 12 pack of coke. Inside there will be a 13 digit upc code. It's not the one on the outside of the box because I tried that, then called them to find out what the offer was. Enter that number to gain access into the site. For each adult ticket you buy, you get a child ticket for free, up to 4 tickets. Offer is good until 12/17/01, but the tickets never expire once you buy them (cough cough).

This doesn't work for me because my daughter is now 10 years old, and she's tall, so we're not gonna fake it. I asked about any other offers and the girl on the phone said there are none that she knows of at this time, but more may appear in the future. USF/IOA always seem to run their specials on Coke cans.

I'll check into the AAA thing, but besides that, the BGT/SWF offer is much better than USF/IOA. You'd think they would want to get people into their park as many times as possible so they'll spend money buying food, drinks, etc... But, IMHO, they're charging to much for annual passes, and the current offer doesn't apply to everyone. It looks like the 3 day passes are the best bet, just like I did last year.

I like the BGT, SW, and Universal APs much better than the Disney passes. You get discounts on things that matter, like food and souvenirs. I was surprised when I got 20% off merchandise with my Universal AP! Disney's AP gives you discounts on the high end stuff, like massages or the Richard Petty Driving Experience, where 10% doesn't really make much difference.

I think the best BGT/SW AP option is the 2 year pass. I think it costs around $160.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter