latex allery ?

gilby

DIS Veteran
My DH has a latex allergy and some times he breaks out after walking on the treadmill. Tonight was one of them. We are wondering why? I checked with the work out center asking about the sanitizer if it has any latex in it and they said no. We are confused.

Does he break out on his legs and sometimes his upper body?

The reason I ask is I have this condition called exercise induced hives........sometimes itchy, sometimes just hot to the touch. I also get it going from cold to hot temperatures, but mostly it was getting bad when I exercised.. I went to the doctor, she prescribed Zyrtec, which I take every day, I exercise, no rash... If I forget to take the zyrtec and go work out, I get the rash..

Yes and upper body, face turns beet red and itchy. Doesn't last very long, a half an hour or so after exercise. His lip or the inner upper part gets tingly. I will have to do research on this.
thanks

Does the person who cleans the work-out equipment wear latex gloves while cleaning? At the last place I worked, the cleaning person was supposed to wear latex-free gloves. But sometimes I caught him wearing latex gloves (I would go looking for him after I touched a door handle or counter top then broke out in a rash.) Unfortunately he did not understand what the big deal was. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter